BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 minutes ago, Judge21 said:

Gregg did say it would not be a busy January and it certainly looks like it. Despite this I think JDT will be disappointed that a striker hasn’t been brought in. 

At the end of the day we weren't able to attract the ones we were really after, and were probably left with ones that aren't much of an improvement on what we already have (Gallagher). 

I just hope Gallagher can find some form and start playing more intelligently. Vale I have no time for, needs to be shipped out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gav said:

We have had some abysmal and shambolic transfer windows over the years but right now this seems to be the worse I can remember.

Mowbray was often restricted to feeding off scraps and they usually come right at the last minute, but this window has orchestrated decline written all over it and I hope the club doesn't think this reported £10m buy out clause for O'Brien fools anyone, if indeed that is true.

Shambles. 

If O'Brien goes through then O'Brien and Thomas are 2 signings that are better than anyone we have signed in January in years.

They won't have been cheap deals and O'Brien and Thomas give us a far greater chance of maintaining a top 6 position than Zeefuk did. 

It's a shambles but still 2 quality players coming into the starting 11.(if O'Brien happens)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

He has 41 caps for Denmark - surely he would?

It's about more recent caps, not lifetime caps. I forget what period it covers, but it's something like must have played X percent of international games in last X years or somesuch, to score any points for it. I think.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, booth said:

Gregg and Swagg held a committee meeting to see if it ticked all of Venkys boxes.

Cheap - check.
Potential - check.
Dupes fans into thinking we're serious - they bought it last season, check.

Which fans are they duping? Ewood Park is more than half empty these days. 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If O'Brien goes through then O'Brien and Thomas are 2 signings that are better than anyone we have signed in January in years.

They won't have been cheap deals and O'Brien and Thomas give us a far greater chance of maintaining a top 6 position than Zeefuk did. 

It's a shambles but still 2 quality players coming into the starting 11.(if O'Brien happens)

Not to be too much of a downer, but Giles last season was very similar to Thomas. Proven Championship quality winger, but we couldn't use him as we didn't have the right forwards to get on his crosses.

O'brien does look a very good signing. But would have much preferred a top quality striker compared to a top quality centre mid. We have decent if imperfect centre mids, but no acceptable central strikers at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Nicolai Jørgensen would be scraping the bottom of the barrel, surely? He's Danish so one can assume JDT knows him well, but my guess is he has been injury-plaged and is in the stay well clear of bracket.

That's probably where we are in all fairness. I just mentioned him as one of the better options that is available, which isn't saying much.

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s utterly bizarre that a multi-billion dollar industry is still reliant on physical form filling in by the sounds of things. If we are genuinely still using faxes it’s completely baffling.

You’d think there’d be some sort of online portal. If there is there’s no excuses for missing deadlines.

thats what they have in spain, but this is the FA,EFL archaic institutions not fit for purpose

31 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It’s utterly bizarre that a multi-billion dollar industry is still reliant on physical form filling in by the sounds of things. If we are genuinely still using faxes it’s completely baffling.

You’d think there’d be some sort of online portal. If there is there’s no excuses for missing deadlines.

Well…😆

https://www.efl.com/contentassets/b3cd34c726c341ca9636610aa4503172/efl-handbook-202223_digital_regs.pdf

DEEE1222-7230-4FD6-8500-91544C75EF9D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not to be too much of a downer, but Giles last season was very similar to Thomas. Proven Championship quality winger, but we couldn't use him as we didn't have the right forwards to get on his crosses.

O'brien does look a very good signing. But would have much preferred a top quality striker compared to a top quality centre mid. We have decent if imperfect centre mids, but no acceptable central strikers at all.

Giles was more a wing-back than a winger, but very capable on the left wing, but obviously the biggest issue was we shunted him out to be a right-sided inside forward. Which he wasn't right for at all. This time at least, we hopefully won't do something as stupid as that. But the worry still remains that the recipients of any crosses won't be up to making the best of them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Giles is a LWB / FB who looked like a fish out of water playing IF on the right. Mowbray got him and thought "Mahrez". Much like he got Rothwell and thought "Benzema". 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1