BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

14 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

The deadline is tomorrow at 9am, so any time before that is fine.

Sharpe's post suggests that we'll be submitting our case for review today.

Slight correction to what I said earlier. According to Sharpe, it's a 09:00 deadline today, with an expected same-day decision.

That decision is expected on Thursday, with Rovers having until 9am to make their case to the league.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Without wanting to derail an already derailed thread, what a trip that was!! I have the best memories from that trip that can never be taken away. That trip probably trumped Salzburg, Larissa and Vilnius for me. A load of Rovers fans dropped in Cologne bang in the middle of cologne carnival.

Yep, what a festival that was, the whole city dressed up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Without wanting to derail an already derailed thread, what a trip that was!! I have the best memories from that trip that can never be taken away. That trip probably trumped Salzburg, Larissa and Vilnius for me. A load of Rovers fans dropped in Cologne bang in the middle of cologne carnival.

What we would give for days and trips like those again 😊

• Like 1

I was too young to remember us winning the league but I do remember how bloody exciting those European matches were, despite us being about as useful in Europe as Waggott running a football club.

I remember one game (against....?) when Shabani Nonda was electric and scored. Mcarthy seemed to look the part playing against European teams as well.

Heady days indeed.

Oh well, have we signed the lad from Rochdale yet?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

I was too young to remember us winning the league but I do remember how bloody exciting those European matches were, despite us being about as useful in Europe as Waggott running a football club.

I remember one game (against....?) when Shabani Nonda was electric and scored. Mcarthy seemed to look the part playing against European teams as well.

Heady days indeed.

Oh well, have we signed the lad from Rochdale yet?

I'm the same. Was 2 when we won the league so for me the Mark Hughes squad was the best era for me as a Rovers fan

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, phili said:

It is Silvester that looks after that side of things, ensures paper work is in order, everything signed and submits to all relevant authorities. As Glen pointed out yesterday, Silvester still has very close ties to SEM. 

Doesn't the man in the shadows as well ?

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That's the geezer who gets off far too lightly around here. He's the one with the remotest bit of power to create change you would imagine.

Exactly.

Never gets called out, never shows his face and to this day people still don't actually know what he does and who pays him and how much.

He's the one constant in the going nowhere of Blackburn Rovers apart from the owners themselves.  

Just what is he up to and how is he making, sorry, earning his money ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Broughton will not be sleeping well! Whether or not we get O'Brien is now quite small in the grand scheme of things. It's far more concerning that Broughton has seemingly allowed a schoolboy error to happen at a critical moment. Broughton is surely responsible for this mistake, even if it is an admin error from one the troopers.

My impression is that Tomasson is unimpressed by Broughton's efforts, so far. I don't know about anybody else, but I sense a discord between the two when Tomasson discusses recruitment. I've noticed a few off-hand remarks about it in both transfer windows, now. The club can't operate if there is discontent between the two. I would argue Broughton's sins are bigger than Tomasson's, and if push came to shove, I would consider replacing Broughton and bring in somebody who can carry out the role competently.

You've been had.  Tesco, as I predicted has brought in Broughton as a layer to protect himself.  I said this in the summer.  The problem is Tesco and him not wanting GB and his mates replacement to succeed. 

Like a kipper you mate.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

I think you're taking the piss to be frank Paul.

The Mark Hughes era was superb, as just one example. 

Nah, just saying it as it is. I liked the Hughes era too. Vs what we’ve had since it feels better than it was. Vs us at peak…it was just, ok.

As for “superb” Mark Hughes managed us 04-08. During that time, our average crowds started at 24k, DIPPED to 22k then 21k before a little resurgence to 23k at the point where Hughes left. Awkward.

SO, going back to my point….the drop off in attendances started from 96, having won the league in 95..if you pull the timeline out it’s a fairly consistent, shallow drop until we fall out of the PL when it drops off a cliff, For the reasons I stated. 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Mashed spuds has managed to derail an entire thread and any criticism of the club just by questioning the tense of a verb. Mission accomplished 

Meanwhile I presume there’s no clarity on the non transfers or any news from the overworked Rovers PR department? 

Does he have a view on Chaddys grammar ?

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You are saying it like it isn’t.

In the Venky’s arriving year of 2010 we had just registered a 26,300 average crowd for 2009/2010, the highest since 95/96.

The support was in no way declining. These owners are 100% behind the decline.

Wow didn't realize that. I had assumed the crowds were declining through 2007 to 2010. Amazed that we had better crowds in 2010 than say 2001 or 2006,

Here's an interesting page : https://ewoodpark.jimdofree.com/attendances-average-attendances-1888-2013/

33 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nah, just saying it as it is. I liked the Hughes era too. Vs what we’ve had since it feels better than it was. Vs us at peak…it was just, ok.

As for “superb” Mark Hughes managed us 04-08. During that time, our average crowds started at 24k, DIPPED to 22k then 21k before a little resurgence to 23k at the point where Hughes left. Awkward.

SO, going back to my point….the drop off in attendances started from 96, having won the league in 95..if you pull the timeline out it’s a fairly consistent, shallow drop until we fall out of the PL when it drops off a cliff, For the reasons I stated. 👍🏼

You'll find in the Hughes era a season ticket hike that didn't go down well as well as match day ticket increase which impacted the crowds. Then there was a better deal and reduced walk on prices, all this can be fact checked if it doesn't fit your agenda of course but often it's a case of basic economics.

As we've seen with cheap deals at Preston, Bolton and good early birds at the other lot.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3