BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? The paperwork for the transfer isn't his job but the job of the Rovers football club secretary Ian Slivester job to sort it out. 

Because as I said, he has overseen an underwhelming window and a terrible one.

It is all unplanned and he bangs on about projects then tries to focus on loans rightly or wrongly that does not fit into the nonsense he talks. I have no faith in this project and think anyone who does is naive.

Silvester should have long gone too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, phili said:

He is club secretary, so it is his job.

Yeah we knew that all week but it's only when Nixon appears to have had it 'leaked' to him that the blame has suddenly swung to Silvester. Why?

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

O'Brien alone wouldn't have been enough anyway, but yeah, what a fuck up. Much like when Derek Shaw "went rogue", though, I imagine the culprit will continue on free of consequence. Absolutely zero accountability at this club.

Would have went a long way tbf. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Broughton is overseeing recruitment, judgement on that side comes down to what we sign and what we didn't, simple as that, no excuses.

Even if you can pass on any potentially farcical situation which leads to the O'Brien deal collapse, you have been insistent that we don't sign a midfielder, swallowing the "not blocking pathways" tripe so surely you will be annoyed that Broughton did try to get one, going against all of his project bollocks whether he signs or not? 

Broughton isn't the problem here for this transfer but its down to our Club secretary Ian Slivester not doing the paperwork correctly that is his job not anyone else. Simple as much as you want to blame him for this. 

I said on the strikers that those individual deals may have been out of control but as a general hunt for a striker, it IN NO WAY makes the overall inability to get one other than a massive failure

May have been out of control? We have deal agreed with the club for players when both club backtrack and cancel the deal. That's isn't down anyone at Rovers. 

You had faith that we would get one on deadline day which made up part of your defence.

Yes I did keep with my club I support and will continue to back them. If they deserve then i will give it and if they deserve criticism then I will give it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

For those saying it’s not Waggot’s job, sure it is his job to ensure the competence of those who he entrusts with these tasks? 

I wonder what a Rovers performance review is like!

The CEO of the organisation takes ultimate responsibility for performance, including that of individuals who work under him.

That's why they get paid so much. The buck stops with him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, phili said:

From the guidelines, the only people who can register players with FA are club secretary and CEO. Same with submitting squad lists etc.

So why was he late registering it. Did he sit on his arse for 3 hours watching the game and decide to do it at 10.50pm with his cup of cocoa. Or did Waggot and Co. not finalise the last minute hitches quick enough to give him time? I'm fairly sure if he could have registered them at 9pm he would have done. Why was he so last minute?

In my job, I neither pull together nor dispatch any product presentation we sent to major customers. But as those customers are my responsibility I damn well make sure the people working on them have their brief in place in enough time to produce them, and alter the presentation if I think deadlines are in danger. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Broughton isn't the problem here for this transfer but its down to our Club secretary Ian Slivester not doing the paperwork correctly that is his job not anyone else. Simple as much as you want to blame him for this. 

Whether it is Broughon, Silvester, the tea lady or the whole lot of them responsible, the person who oversees them, appoints them and is responsible for them is Waggott.

If they haven't or aren't doing their jobs properly yet he continues to keep them in place then responsibility lies with him.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

What if Sylvester is being thrown under the bus here? Read between the lines.

@philihas already answered this question for you

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because as I said, he has overseen an underwhelming window and a terrible one.

It is all unplanned and he bangs on about projects then tries to focus on loans rightly or wrongly that does not fit into the nonsense he talks. I have no faith in this project and think anyone who does is naive.

Silvester should have long gone too.

This failed transfer of O'Brien isn't Broughton fault. Simple as. 

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Whether it is Broughon, Silvester, the tea lady or the whole lot of them responsible, the person who oversees them, appoints them and is responsible for them is Waggott.

If they haven't or aren't doing their jobs properly yet he continues to keep them in place then responsibility lies with him.

He said he had full autonomy, so as you say.

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Penny for JDT's thoughts. Anyone with a shred of pride in who they work with and who they work for would be making an exit plan right about now.

We shall see, is he the man of integrity many on here seem to think he is or is he happy to take his pay day and be a good boy?

Edited by BigBar
  • Like 2

This is so far beyond the realm of acceptable for any football club. I should be shocked but that's what 12 years of piss poor management does to you. Standards ground down to the point we can't even submit forms on time for a player who could make a real difference.

No one cares at the club. There is zero accountability, zero drive to succeed, just an atmosphere of total apathy.

Not giving them a penny more in tickets purchases until we've gone through a competent transfer window and given the Head Coach a team that's vaguely competitive.

• Like 5