BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

In all honesty, did anyone really think we were going to get LOB?

I appreciate that it's a disappointment, but I don't understand the sudden outburst of anger now that the EFL have confirmed that the transfer is invalid.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that this wasn't going to get through when rumours started to leak about late submission of documents. The EFL are jobsworths, they'll always fall back on the letter of the law.

I'm more annoyed that we haven't signed a striker this window - that's the criminal part and the reason we're slowly slipping down the league. As good as O'Brien is, I don't particularly want to see a midfield of Morton and O'Brien when we have Buckley, Wharton, Garrett and Travis all sat on the bench.

Part of me thinks this was deliberate so we didn’t have to pay more wages. 

I don’t understand when we had the lad in early doors that we were still passing anout with paperwork at 11 o clock. Pass his medical and send them off, even if there was a missed signature it can be seen about lunchtime and amended. Skysports even signed off the deal as complete about lunchtime. 
none of this makes sense 

• Like 3

I never like calling for people to be sacked but this is so ridiculous I think it’s necessary. I honestly feel despondent about this. To have a player of his ilk signed but for sending some paper work and then to mess it up is the administrative equivalent of a hat trick or own goals. Quadruple check it for God’s sake it’s our biggest signing in years! Don’t know where we go from here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's the club secretary job to sort the paperwork of the transfers out and sent to the correct people on time. 

Who's fault was it that the permanent contract (in the event of promotion) with the player wasn't initially agreed causing a delay that meant the paperwork couldn't be completed until so close to the deadline?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

I can’t even.

a dark, dark day and we have had a few.

im generally positive but this has put a dampner on everything.

our midfield gets bullied every game and we have, through sheer incompetence lost the best midfielder in this league last year.

a statement needed by the club, today.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because as I said, he has overseen an underwhelming window and a terrible one.

It is all unplanned and he bangs on about projects then tries to focus on loans rightly or wrongly that does not fit into the nonsense he talks. I have no faith in this project and think anyone who does is naive.

Silvester should have long gone too.

Underwhelming, but not terrible - Thomas will walk into our starting 11 and at least Markanday is going to develop out on loan.

We really needed a striker.

Just now, Devon Rover said:

What message does this send out to any, and all, other clubs that Rovers look to do business with? We are going to be even further down the 'pecking order' in terms of clubs that are worth dealing with. The totally amateur outfit, from owners, to coaches, is an embarrassment to us all, and an insult to us all. I'm seriously more angry about the situation now than at any time previously in 30 years of supporting. This is an absolute shambles and will no doubt have repercussions for our fumbling attempts at future transfers, as well as for the players caught up in the mess, and our team's chances of success. What does the club do now? I bet it is hardly a thing. It's completely, totally broken. I actually feel really sad about this slow death. Fuck off, Venkys.

Agree 100%

All this debacle will have done is blacklisted Rovers' as a Club worth dealing with. If he's still here in the summer Broughton will be picking the phone up and Clubs will ask themselves why on earth they'd want to do business with this lot.

The only good to come of this is hopefully it gets a message home to the deluded ones (Not Chaddy of course who has already decided it's all Silvester's fault) that things are far from rosy in the garden at Ewood and that actually the club remains a joke run by charlatans.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Underwhelming, but not terrible - Thomas will walk into our starting 11 and at least Markanday is going to develop out on loan.

We really needed a striker.

Let's wait and see. Believe he was OK last night but looked nothing special. Huddersfield fans say he's bank our of form and happy to see him leave. Wing spaces currently occupied by Brereton and Hedges.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I appreciate that it's a disappointment, but I don't understand the sudden outburst of anger now that the EFL have confirmed that the transfer is invalid.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that this wasn't going to get through when rumours started to leak about late submission of documents. The EFL are jobsworths, they'll always fall back on the letter of the law.

I'm more annoyed that we haven't signed a striker this window - that's the criminal part and the reason we're slowly slipping down the league. As good as O'Brien is, I don't particularly want to see a midfield of Morton and O'Brien when we have Buckley, Wharton, Garrett and Travis all sat on the bench.

I don’t want to be dramatic but I really do fear this could be a defining moment and the last straw for many long suffering and loyal fans

• Like 1

On one hand I too want some sort of fecking apology from the club via a statement.

On the other, what's the point? It'll just be apologetic nonsense, pointing the finger at the big bad EFL which will be swallowed up by Chaddy & co. "We go again in the summer, get behind the lads" bla bla bla b*llocks.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Broughton isn't the problem here for this transfer but its down to our Club secretary Ian Slivester not doing the paperwork correctly that is his job not anyone else. Simple as much as you want to blame him for this. 

May have been out of control? We have deal agreed with the club for players when both club backtrack and cancel the deal. That's isn't down anyone at Rovers. 

Yes I did keep with my club I support and will continue to back them. If they deserve then i will give it and if they deserve criticism then I will give it

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@philihas already answered this question for you

This failed transfer of O'Brien isn't Broughton fault. Simple as. 

I judge a director of football in regards to recruitment by who has signed, not sob stories. Few questions:

Why did we even want a central midfielder when Broughton kept going on about blocking pathways? What changed?

Why are we focusing on loans when the project is long term and people keep dismissing promotion chances?

Does any of the blame regarding an inability to sign a striker (not specifically Kone or Undav, just in general, as you said we should have a big shortlist) fall on Broughton?

How do you rank the window out of 10?

Has your faith in the project under Broughton even slightly changed?

Why did the owners not sack Silvester when DJ Campbell didn't sign that time due to a fax issue?

• Like 3