BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

They couldn't even commit to things "beyond our control..."

Had to instead go with a mealy-mouthed "..we believe to be outside of our control". 

Oldest trick in the book. You know you're on dodgy ground when you have to skirt round statements like that. 

Maybe they should have asked there their legal advisors as to whether or not it was within their control.

As to the ‘complex nature of the various agreements’ - would these not be the same as with the Brereton transfer?

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

In what respect are we having a better season? This is where we were this time last season:

image.png.efecdc817747aa39cd49602dbd3b953b.png

We're in the 5th round of the FA Cup and got to the Round of 16 for the League Cup.

Granted we're not going to progress any further in either competition, but at least it was nice not to lose to Lincoln or some such. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

This could potentially be a 300M pound mistake. Whoever is responsible must be sacked for it. Not ifs, no buts. 

Why would they be?

Thought the club wasn’t arsed about promotion and with it said £300 million anyway?

Edited by Mattyblue

I think the club statement is an embarrassment.  I think it's clear they messed up.

All that was needed was a two liner:

'We messed up and apologise to our fans, O'Brien and Brierley.  We are taking steps to ensure this doesn't happen again'.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We're in the 5th round of the FA Cup and got to the Round of 16 for the League Cup.

Granted we're not going to progress any further in either competition, but at least it was nice not to lose to Lincoln or some such. 

While nice to do okay in the cups, we aren’t ever winning them so league is the only success metric for me and we’re worse off than last season in that respect. As I imagine we will be by the end when we finish in the bottom half.

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

This could potentially be a 300M pound mistake. Whoever is responsible must be sacked for it. Not ifs, no buts. 

Waggott will just blame one of the work-experience kids and Venkys will award him with a raise!

8 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Broughton said it would be a quiet window. 

Every club wants a combative centre mid and a striker. Can't just magic them up. We could still yet get a striker on loan. 

The signing of Sorba Thomas helps us play Gallagher or Diaz down the middle, effectively changing the striker situation, Tomasson historically likes to play 442 with wingers but he hasn't had this chance yet due, hence this fluid front 4 business.

Hirst was a flop but you never know with these things, remember BB before he became BBD?

I like Markanday on the ball but he needs to toughen up and learn how to defend if he is to play week in week out in the championship, getting him game time at Aberdeen is a good idea for me - get him ready for next season.

I think Broughton will just be as angry as we all are - and is probably now realising the mess he has got himself into, surrounded by Waggott and co. They are the real problem with the club. 

JDT played with a 4-2-3-1 in Sweden - it's his preferred formation and he's pushed for it here too (after initially starting with 3 CBs to grind out some results). 

• Backroom
Just now, arbitro said:

I really wish you'd have a night off. You can sense people's anger and frustration and your are pouring fuel on to a simmering fire. I wouldn't normally react to you but I think you are deliberately baiting people.

A couple of nights off, and we won't be tolerating it going forward. People are wound up enough as it is.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Maybe they should have asked there their legal advisors as to whether or not it was within their control.

As to the ‘complex nature of the various agreements’ - would these not be the same as with the Brereton transfer?

One last point on the statement - it includes ‘…the deadline for submission was late…’

The deadline wasn’t late - the deadline didn’t move at all…

Edited by wilsdenrover
Because my spelling is as bad as my grammar!
  • Like 6

Just now, wilsdenrover said:

One last point on the statment - it includes ‘…the deadline for submission was late…’

The deadline wasn’t late - the deadline didn’t move at all…

It's unsurprising that they can't even write a sentence properly.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

While nice to do okay in the cups, we aren’t ever winning them so league is the only success metric for me and we’re worse off than last season in that respect. As I imagine we will be by the end when we finish in the bottom half.

As I said, at least it was nice not to lose to a League 2 team like previous years. 

The FA Cup run has brought in £333k (not including gates) which is a nice boom too, especially for a club without a pot to piss in. 

• Like 1

Seriously what next? As fans now what is the answer. The Raos genuinely think as a supporter base we are happy.

This board of directors has had the easiest of times ever in 5 years.

An apology, an excuse for their actions from the majority of attending supporters or those who see them.

I'd like to think todays latest fiasco will turn the tide and we as supporters start holding them accountable, but i still cant see where that fight is coming from?

• Like 3

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Seriously what next? As fans now what is the answer. The Raos genuinely think as a supporter base we are happy.

This board of directors has had the easiest of times ever in 5 years.

An apology, an excuse for their actions from the majority of attending supporters or those who see them.

I'd like to think todays latest fiasco will turn the tide and we as supporters start holding them accountable, but i still cant see where that fight is coming from?

By Monday night nobody will care, especially if we win.

• Like 7