BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Waggot going to Birmingham shows me he enjoys looking the part and the good part of the job and shirks the busy and stressful part of the job. 
no excuses, not fit for purpose 

Pity he was'nt on an express train to London to hand in the paperwork on time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

JDT does'nt look the type to throw in the towel. I think he will be a success at Ewood when he shapes his own team with signings that beat the deadline.

Aye, and how are we paying for incoming players again? Oh, and who is doing the admin to enable player registrations to take place? And what is the ceiling for financial transactions needing Pune approval again? 

Pull the other one - Rovers are going nowhere with the inbreds in charge.

VENKYS OUT!

I’m not convinced by the two lads we were intending to sign either. 

why would we take a player unproven at Premier League level, tieing ourselves to pay £10m and a P.L. Contract if we are promoted? What if he got himself injured, missed most of the season - or simply didn’t live up to the billing? What would we, at this point tie ourselves into that?

Also, why would we take a 19 yr old, 5’ 6” midfielder who was on loan at Stayleybridge last season from Rochdale? Our 19 yr olds are playing championship football at that age. This at a time where we are needing first team squad players.

I just don’t think they know what’s needed. I don’t think they know what they’re doing. We had as much chance of bringing decent players in when Saxton used to tell Fox which player he fancied and the chairman did his best to get him. Not all this bollocks where the manager doesn’t know who he’s going to get put in front of him.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, den said:

why would we take a player unproven at Premier League level, tieing ourselves to pay £10m and a P.L. Contract if we are promoted? What if he got himself injured, missed most of the season - or simply didn’t live up to the billing? What would we, at this point tie ourselves into that?

Also, why would we take a 19 yr old, 5’ 6” midfielder who was on loan at Stayleybridge last season from Rochdale? Our 19 yr olds are playing championship football at that age. This at a time where we are needing first team squad players.

I just don’t think they know what’s needed. I don’t think they know what they’re doing. We had as much chance of bringing decent players in when Saxton used to tell Fox which player he fancied and the chairman did his best to get him. Not all this bollocks where the manager doesn’t know who he’s going to get put in front of him.

I’m pretty certain we’ve established that they don’t.

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

It would really take something visible on the sky cameras to make a difference i.e. launching tennis balls on the pitch akin to what Cov did a few years ago. It gets noticed and it makes headlines.

We already know the Raos don't like to be embarrassed from what has happened previously and it will at least make them sit up and take notice.

Surely they should be embarrassed by nearly everything that’s happened under their watch?

What are they getting out of owning our club? I thought they bought us thinking that it was good for their global image to have venkys plastered all over the premiership but 10+ years later and they aren’t getting anything like they hoped and seem as distant as ever. It’s like owning a yacht but never being bothered to actually use it, just signing bills at the end of the month.

I don’t get it

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tomasson must be considering his options this morning. He must have come to the conclusion he was sold a pup by the management, the job isn't what it said on the tin, and that working for low-quality people just isn't worth it. He's a wealthy man and can afford to walk away. And who would blame him? 

Lambert was sold a pup and to his credit he resigned in protest, all credit to him I say.

I agree with you Jim, if I was JDT I'd be considering my future, he must be wondering why we didn't cash in on Diaz and now this......

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, den said:

I just don’t think they know what’s needed. I don’t think they know what they’re doing. We had as much chance of bringing decent players in when Saxton used to tell Fox which player he fancied and the chairman did his best to get him. Not all this bollocks where the manager doesn’t know who he’s going to get put in front of him.

Add to that this absolute fantasy that Blackburn Rovers 2023 are paying him £65k a week wages.

If it doesn't make sense its probably not true den. 

• Like 1

Lambert didn't exactly resign in protest he waited until his clause was exercised then left, he was also heavily vested in trying to get another big job that was available.

Without that clause he wasn't resigning and walking away from his wedge.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Lambert didn't exactly resign in protest he waited until his clause was exercised then left, he was also heavily vested in trying to get another big job that was available.

He had such a stellar career after he left us too...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

It would really take something visible on the sky cameras to make a difference i.e. launching tennis balls on the pitch akin to what Cov did a few years ago. It gets noticed and it makes headlines.

We already know the Raos don't like to be embarrassed from what has happened previously and it will at least make them sit up and take notice.

They've been a embarrassment for 12 years.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Waggot going to Birmingham shows me he enjoys looking the part and the good part of the job and shirks the busy and stressful part of the job. 

It's extremely commonplace. There's an unwritten but very well followed social rule in football where clubs are expected to have a senior presence in the away directors box. In the absence of owners in our case, it falls to someone of his standing to take their place.

Just now, JoeH said:

It's extremely commonplace. There's an unwritten but very well followed social rule in football where clubs are expected to have a senior presence in the away directors box. In the absence of owners in our case, it falls to someone of his standing to take their place.

I'm sure the 'social rule' could have been ignored just once on transfer deadline day. Who knows, the club might have had someone at Ewood competent enough to submit a form. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

no excuses, not fit for purpose 

It was stated, clear as day when Broughton was brought in that Waggot looks after the commercial side and Broughton looks after the footballing side. 

There was absolutely no need for Waggot to be in Birmingham. Sure player transfers creates a grey area around whether it's commercial or footballing side, however the fact is only two people at the club have authority to sign off on paper work. Waggot and Silvester. So what on earth was he doing in Birmingham.

Either he just fancied it and doesn't take his responsibilities seriously. (Does he attends every Rovers game, specifically away games. If not, why this one.)

Or he knew there was potential for this to go wrong (or wanted it to go wrong) so travelled to Birmingham to take himself out the firing line.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist but the fact it's been leaked that he was in Birmingham is suspicious. It's either that he knew something was afoot or that his main priorities in the aftermath of this mess is self-preservation, rather than engagement with the fans and fixing this mess.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11676/10261490/paul-lambert-admits-he-is-frustrated-to-be-leaving-blackburn

That information came from Paul Lambert himself, him walking actually had a negative impact on his career, but the money promised to rebuild the club during the interview process was a fib, that is why he resigned.

All to familiar under these owners I'm afraid..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'm sure the 'social rule' could have been ignored just once on transfer deadline day. Who knows, the club might have had someone at Ewood competent enough to submit a form. 

They could’ve told Rob Coar to dust off his FA tie and rolled him out for a one off.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

Would O'Brien and Forest think about suing Rovers if the appeal is rejected? If O'Brien can't play senior football for the rest of the season, I suspect he could claim for loss of potential future earnings due to a lack of senior playing time. Forest could well sue for depreciation in the value of O'Brien.

For all the penny-pinching austerity Waggott forces on the club and its supporters, the deadline day saga could easily blow all of that out of the water. What a mess.

If I was O'Brien's agent I'd be taking legal advice for sure...

• Like 4