BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

5 minutes ago, booth said:

Mola replacing Scott Wharton as a centre back. Wtf!

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Who says Mola is starting at center-back ? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its will be 4-3-3 formation with Mola at left back with Hedges on the right side attacking side, Gallagher as number 9 and BBD on the left side

Am I missing something regarding Mola? I understood him to be a centre-back, and while he played there against West Ham and was very good, everybody seems to be putting him at left-back, left wing-back, or midfield. 🤔

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe it's his tackling why he been picked today

Obviously more goes into it but age shouldn't be factor when picking a team but it's what you bring to the team and how we want to play

On the contrary it has to be a factor, as youngsters don't have the experience to always make the correct decisions in difficult situations. Particularly when there's significant pressure involved. That's especially critical in high-emotion games like today. 

JDT clearly trusts Garrett to put him in ahead of Buckley or Dack, so let's see if that faith is repaid. It goes without saying that I hope he's made the right call! 

3 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Am I missing something regarding Mola? I understood him to be a centre-back, and while he played there against West Ham and was very good, everybody seems to be putting him at left-back, left wing-back, or midfield. 🤔

I'm just surprised he's replacing Blackburn born Scott Wharton in such a massive game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Yes you are missing something. From what I have seen, Mola has filled in at center-half, he is much stronger on the left side, as a full-back, wing-back or left sided midfielder.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He played his best game the other night v West Ham at centre back

That doesn't make him a center-back, he gets drawn out of position too easily, he leaves gaps in the middle of defence. I would compare Mola to a left sided Nyambe. 

JDT loves to spring surprises on us.

Mola in at, presumably left back. Switches to a back 4 and midfield 3. Garrett starting, assuming because he likes to stick some proper challenges in. 

Dare say not many Rovers fans would have put either player in. 

Let's hope this pays off.

Bricking it now and my kids have just stuck Cbeebies on the bloody telly!!

Edit: Sharpe saying back 3, which makes Wharton's omission even stranger. 

Guessing Hedges at RWB and Brittain LWB.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1