BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I knew we were going to lose going into the game and didn't get tied up in the hype of the 'top of the table / oldest derby in English football' the media were spouting all week. They normally couldn't give two hoots about the game.

As I said earlier this week, this game wouldn't define our season and I think JDT is performing miracles with a very limited group of players (and some very exciting promising youngsters). We competed for 55 mins, let in a disappointing goal then fell apart when our only other recognised striker went off injured and we switched to a more attacking formation against a team with better players across the park.

So no, not really. 

Maybe you’ve been in exile too long.

Today is an absolute embarrassment.

• Like 7

There is absolutely no fight or passion in this squad and that's been years in the making. 

When was the last time there was a foul against one of our players and we surrounded the ref. 

Too many years of bothering about tattoos and what music they listened to. 

We need a few nasty bastards. 

• Like 9

Just now, DarthPaul said:

There is absolutely no fight or passion in this squad and that's been years in the making. 

When was the last time there was a foul against one of our players and we surrounded the ref. 

Too many years of bothering about tattoos and what music they listened to. 

We need a few nasty bastards. 

Tony didn’t like them.

8 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Oh fuck. We are going to have this "we are 3rd" non stop all through the WC month.

It's a shit league and 3rd in mid November gets you fuck all. Zilch. Nowt.

We will be much lower than 3rd come Easter ...

We are in a very false position 9 losses before December , never got a point when conceding first all season ..

The honeymoon for JDT is over !

• Like 5

Morton is getting worse the more he plays.

Mola was a disappointment and was getting ripped apart late in the game but it only the 2nd time I've seen him play and he was decent at WHAM so gets a break.

Garrett was a mistake made by the manager.

So, two non performers in midfield and we expect to defend for 90 and maybe even score ourselves?

It might happen in the Swedish Sunday League but not at Championship level.

• Like 3

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Morton is getting worse the more he plays.

Mola was a disappointment and was getting ripped apart late in the game but it only the 2nd time I've seen him play and he was decent at WHAM so gets a break.

Garrett was a mistake made by the manager.

So, two non performers in midfield and we expect to defend for 90 and maybe even score ourselves?

It might happen in the Swedish Sunday League but not at Championship level.

Mola played 3/4 of the Wham game and then came off ! Why start him today ? Has JDT apologised yet ? 

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

It’s not just any old defeat though is it Chaddy? You tipped Burnley to finish bottom of the league based purely on your hatred for them rather than any logical analysis.

For the record, I don’t think anyone really wants Tomasson sacked, but he doesn’t walk on water. He deserves serious questions after today, and a lot of stick too. He’s done us all a disservice today.

I don’t understand how any Rovers fan can not be angry right now.

Believe it or not, there is at least one Rovers fan who is looking at the league table with us in third place, the Carabao Cup draw for the fourth round with us in it, who is not in the least bit "angry".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t mind if our football was worthy of 7th place but it’s more worthy of 7th from the bottom.

Based on performances 7th bottom is where we should be. Without Brereton after January it's where we'll finish up. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mola played 3/4 of the Wham game and then came off ! Why start him today ? Has JDT apologised yet ? 

Because he’s faster than Wharton, according to JDT. Absolutely nonsense. He may well be quicker but you can’t play one game in 8 months and walk into a game like that. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I thought this squad, in this league could and can be top 6 yes. I'm not massively put out by JDT for the record but the manner in which we do lose is so concerning. For years I would ordinarily put defeats and losses on the players. I think players at every club get away with murder and can hide behind the manager. This is the first time in my life I actually think you can blame the managers selection and tactics on multiple defeats. Purely down to that and that alone. 

I don't even think Burnley were that impressive today. We invited them on, didn't play to put strengths, start messing about at the back over and over and the managers orders. Awful.

Really? You clearly have much more faith in our players than I do!

I look at our bench each week and think "Bloody hell, there's no-one to bring on who can change a game". First change today was Jack Vale and you can't even really call him a trier!

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Really? You clearly have much more faith in our players than I do!

I look at our bench each week and think "Bloody hell, there's no-one to bring on who can change a game". First change today was Jack Vale and you can't even really call him a trier!

I think this is a very poor standard. Like very very poor. You don't have to be a great team to do well in it. We are a few signings away from getting automatic if we don't get up this season. It's a crazy league. Get two decent midfielders in who are aggressive and experienced and the difference would be night and day from the powderpuff dirt we have grown accustomed to.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Does Tomasson/Broughton/Waggott not realise that the best way to add value to a squad is to be in the premier league rather than the Championship

We'd have to buy about 8 new starters if we got promoted. This team / squad would set record low points totals. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

First change today was Jack Vale and you can't even really call him a trier!

The bare minimum is press and he’s incapable of even that. He does the classic ‘jog after the defender until he becomes the midfielders problem’. The sooner he’s found out and sold to Forest Green or something, the better. 

• Like 5

Just now, J*B said:

The bare minimum is press and he’s incapable of even that. He does the classic ‘jog after the defender until he becomes the midfielders problem’. The sooner he’s found out and sold to Forest Green or something, the better. 

I genuinely think they've extended his contract as they see him as an asset to be sold i.e. we're sick of losing players for nowt. They got a fee for Magloire and I think that's the plan from now on, the Academy has to bring in money from those rejected for our first team (as well as providing like 5 starters in the first XI like it has done for the last few years).

He'll drop down to L1 / L2 for £250k or something and have a career for himself. 

• Like 1