BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (a) - 13/11/2022

55 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think the thing that annoyed me the most about yesterday was how it seemed to be treated as just any other game.

No heart, no fight and no desire from us whatsoever. I’m so angry about that still.

This.

Still hurting now,the performance was totally unacceptable.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

Two embarrassingly self-inflicted goals due directly to tippy-tappy at the back with players not capable of retaining possession.

That the problem was obvious earlier in the season is bad enough (Ayala is great in the air or in the tackle, but hasn't a clue with the ball at his feet, and Kaminski goes 'pass blind' if there isn't a clear option to roll the ball out), but to seek to rely upon that as the main mechanism for restarting play against a team with superior players - well, that is just plainly stupid.

We will live to play another day. But to lose in that manner in THAT game will have much deeper ramifications for our views of JDT. It was like going to a party and then finding your other half having it off with someone you know well but just never liked. The trust is shattered and your confidence takes a real battering and sadly, things can never quite be the same again.

Quiet sulking now, for me, for the next month whilst that farce takes place in Qatar (I'm not watching a single game - it is a sham and should be shown up as such).

See you next month.

Dark days in East Lancashire indeed..

Edited by Shirley Crabtree Wrestler
I'm a football fan (fanatic).. don't expect sensible, especially about BRFC!

I've only been in work 15 minutes and the non-Rovers fans (and the Burnley fan) are asking the same questions.

"Why do you keep rolling it our from the back"

"Why don't you clear your lines"

"Why do you pass to a player who is marked.

It's a project boys. Get on board.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I've only been in work 15 minutes and the non-Rovers fans (and the Burnley fan) are asking the same questions.

Stick the Toyah Wilcox song on, it's a mythtery. 

First half wasn't too bad we defended well. Garret had two simple forward balls and didn't find either. On another day we get a soft penalty and who knows. Absolute shit show in the second half. Mola although I thought he did alright yesterday, why he's starting ahead of Wharton I've no idea.

Like I said if we had someone in midfield who could find a forward pass we might've been in twice in the first half. I like Garret but I don't think we need both him and Trav in midfield. As soon as gally went off we had no outlet, every cleared ball just came straight back. We couldn't string three passes together. Once they scored they got their backs up and we crumbled. Was praying for full time.  

Only positive is we were terrible and deserved to get beat. If we'd played well and got beat off a late goal would've been worse. Ahh well roll on the world cup and hopefully forget about yesterday. Haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Two embarrassingly self-inflicted goals due directly to tippy-tappy at the back with players not capable of retaining possession.

That the problem was obvious earlier in the season is bad enough (Ayala is great in the air or in the tackle, but hasn't a clue with the ball at his feet, and Kaminski goes 'pass blind' if there isn't a clear option to roll the ball out), but to seek to rely upon that as the main mechanism for restarting play against a team with superior players - well, that is just plainly stupid.

We will live to play another day. But to lose in that manner in THAT game will have much deeper ramifications for our views of JDT. It was like going to a party and then finding your other half having it off with someone you know well but just never liked. The trust is shattered and your confidence takes a real battering and sadly, things can never quite be the same again.

Quiet sulking now, for me, for the next month whilst that farce takes place in Qatar (I'm not watching a single game - it is a sham and should be shown up as such).

See you next month.

Dark days in East Lancashire indeed..

I agree about JDT. He’s gone back to square one as far as I’m concerned after that farce yesterday. If it was a real job he’d be getting his first written warning from me this morning. If things don’t change he’ll be in trouble.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree about JDT. He’s gone back to square one as far as I’m concerned after that farce yesterday. If it was a real job he’d be getting his first written warning from me this morning. If things don’t change he’ll be in trouble.

Same here. I think for me I could move on from him slightly (not the result that will take longer) if he just said something like I thought I’d try something to catch bonleh out but I got it totally wrong in terms of tactics and personnel. Now he’s doing a Mowbray-esque shrug of the shoulders we go again, I’m thinking does this man know he’s even cocked up, does he know and doesn’t really care, is he too stubborn or arrogant to change errors. Behind his charming shit eating grin alarm bells are sounding. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Exactly, hard to get behind him when you know after a win there is a high chance of a capitulation 72 hours later. That is not enjoyable no matter how you justify it. It's Jekyl and Hyde. It's bi polar disorder in football form. Good moments but far too frustrating overall.

• Like 2

Rich Eisen an NFL commentator has a feature called ''Overreaction Monday'' where they discuss the weekends actions and you hear bold claims, both ways positive and negative. The comments from some fans I feel are born out of the frustratingly poor performance against our local rivals (who also happen to be the best team in the league at this moment in time).

JDT out? JDT written warning? JDT on a par with Mowbray?

3rd in the league, a point off second, five clear of seventh. Youngsters blooded, contracts signed (albeit not by BBD, but thats not going to happen without promotion), six wins in a row at Ewood, more points than at this stage last season.

Lets try and keep some prespective. Yesterday was very disappointing and lessons MUST be learned, but its been a very good start to the 2022/23 campaign. Nearly halfway through the season, we've given ourselves a real shot at a playoff spot, maybe even more.

Take the banter/stick today, lets move on. Trust the process.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Rich Eisen an NFL commentator has a feature called ''Overreaction Monday'' where they discuss the weekends actions and you hear bold claims, both ways positive and negative. The comments from some fans I feel are born out of the frustratingly poor performance against our local rivals (who also happen to be the best team in the league at this moment in time).

3rd in the league, a point off second, five clear of seventh. Youngsters blooded, contracts signed (albeit not by BBD, but thats not going to happen without promotion), six wins in a row at Ewood, more points than at this stage last season.

Lets try and keep some prespective. Yesterday was very disappointing and lessons MUST be learned, but its been a very good start to the 2022/23 campaign. Nearly halfway through the season, we've given ourselves a real shot at a playoff spot, maybe even more.

If you think that performance yesterday was acceptable what more can I say ? I can’t take one positive from the game other than they only scored 3. Carry on in that vein  and we’ll do well to end up in the top half. Play offs ? I don’t think so.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

I get your point but wasn't just yesterday was it? Yesterday, given the opposition and how passionate everyone was about putting in a performance and not making it easy simply magnified the short comings in team selection and tactics. We've seen this type of showing every other week this season.

I'm quite measured and tone can be misinterpreted in text form but it's not acceptable at all. I'm happy to be where we are and would be chuffed about making the top 6 in any capacity but we can't throw it away but gifting the opposition victories in the manner we have been this season.

• Moderation Lead

Whilst I would say that I am mostly happy with JDT and that we are third overall, there have been some alarm bells and this isn’t just about yesterday’s no show.

We over play it at the back when it doesn’t suit the players in the squad.

When we go a goal down, we might as well go home, as we aren’t getting back into the game.

When we are bad, we are absolutely woeful and show none of the basics, like heart, fight and desire.

I don’t expect us to win every game, but I do expect us to compete and it seems like sometimes we don’t even do that, which is a massive concern.

Some team selections and omissions are absolutely baffling at times.

I don’t think this is about over or under reactions, but more what I’ve observed so far under JDT’s stewardship.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Hasta said:

All the world can see it.." in that way!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Whilst I would say that I am mostly happy with JDT and that we are third overall, there have been some alarm bells and this isn’t just about yesterday’s no show.

We over play it at the back when it doesn’t suit the players in the squad.

When we go a goal down, we might as well ho home, as we aren’t getting back into the game.

When we are bad, we are absolutely woeful and show none of the basics, like heart, fight and desire.

I don’t expect us to win every game, but I do expect us to compete in every game and it seems like sometimes we don’t even do that, which is a massive concern.

Some team selections and omissions are absolutely baffling at times.

I don’t think this is about over or under reactions, but more what I’ve observed so far under JDT’s stewardship.

That a Blackburn Rovers team competes in a game should be a given. Win lose or draw, whoever the opposition,  that should be a minimum requirement.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I work with a lot of nob end and your token Man U/Liverpool and now citeh fans. My morning had been identical in terms of questions.

I said it’s nowt to do with me and I’m facing tougher questions than the manger ever has. I also just say it’s a project, move on, we go again. One said “project? I thought it was a journey”. Absolute bozo the last man had a journey this man has a project. I mean honestly keep up.

Edited by matt83

14 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

lessons MUST be learned,

The evidence is they are not being. Remember that debacle between Ayala and Kiminski in the first half where a free kick for us ended up with Ayala, ball at his feet on the wing, facing the Rovers fans in the stand, on the touchline and pressured by a Burnley player? Think they got a corner out of that but can't remember! I know they got possession.

Must have been under strict instructions not to blast it upfield. Why? just stupid and it happened a lot. We hadn't any creative players. When Gallacher needed to go off, I was quite pleased to see Dolan ready to come on. At least he can hold the ball, get fouled, do something but no! Manager changed his mind at the last second and brought on Vale! Just what we needed--not!

I'm afraid that this might have been my fault folks.

I bought my 3 month old granddaughter a pair of Rovers dungarees and took them down to her last week in London. She had them on whilst we beat West Ham on Wednesday, so I made arrangements for her to have them on by 12.30 on Sunday.

She duly did but around half time she threw up all over them, as 3 month olds often do, and had to have a change.

Sorry.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

What process have I to trust in?

• Like 1

The players looked surprised at the end when they meekly came over to the away end and the applause was drowned out by boos and some choice words from the supporters. That, combined with them being serenaded with a 'you're fucking shit' from the home fans as they went off will hopefully trigger some sort of self reflection. 

• Like 1

And to cap an awful day I was threatened with being ejected with my 11 year old granddaughter because we had the temerity to wave a five foot by three foot Rovers flag an hour before kick off. The CCTV operator spotted it and sent this busy cow to tell me not to save it. I asked why and she said we have a zero tolerance to flags (quite ironic really on Remembrance Sunday) and if we waved it again we would be ejected from the ground. After that I spotted at least half a dozen on the Longside including an Indian flag. I also had my flask confiscated outside the ground and when I collected it after the match it was damaged.

Never mind though we will roll out the red carpet for them in March when several thousand descend on Ewood.

• Like 4