BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Preston North End (h) - 10/12/2022

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We've played well about 2 games all season.

Our position is absolutely going to change, we're incredibly lucky to be even near the top 6.

Rolling over against Burnley was unforgivable,  repeating it against P N fucking E with half a team out injured is the final straw for me.

Go

Tomorrow 

He should have been gone before England kicked off...

Ok. The dust is settling.

We won six home games in a row.

All 12 players who predominantly delivered that dominant, consistent run of results, were fit and available to play today.

Did anyone reading this agree that suddenly playing Dack (who hadn't started a home game for months and months) instead of Gallagher, was likely to help continue this brilliant run? (Answers please. There won't be any).

It was clueless, experimental, apprentice management, based on training pitch form, and a managerial hunch, rather than hard-nosed, proven, Championship experience.

I thought, based on watching the team for the whole of the season, that we would be less likely to perform and win with this experimental line-up.

There were also many, many calls for the manager to be wary of Ched Evans having a similar physical impact on our central defenders, as Barnes did in our last game. 

All this is ignored by our manager.

Let me tell you that without those six home wins in a row when we played predominantly the same team and tactics, we would be in 16th position in the Championship. 

I repeat, our focus at the moment is not winning games, it is focusing on our (or at least JDTs) style of play, which coincidentally is not the style of play that won us the last 6 home games. Those results were often based on long ball breakaways finished by BBD, when one of our defenders had the audacity to break free of the shackles of our 'style of play'.

Jesus, I'm hurting, as the midweek away poisonous tactical ineptitude has now infected our decent home and away weekend form.

I'm hoping the manager will see that the team that will win him many more games is still there and waiting to be selected, but for me, the tinkering is killing us.

And me.

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Numbered with who? The never ending story with TM tells us that these days this lot don’t sack contracted managers.  

He'll be here for 3 years while we flirt with playoffs but end up 8-12th each season then he'll leave for a Greek or a Turkish side that non of us have heard of or could spell then he'll be replaced and we'll go through it all again with a new manager stuck in the championship while the debt builds up,what a lot to look forward too

I think we are finding out JDTs football and management style maybe aren't suited to championship football.

He's got to wise up quick and change it up but i'm not sure he knows how, rightly or wrongly he's losing the fans.

Mowbray had the promotion to live off for years but Tomasson is so far going to be defined by the Burnley and PNE shambles.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

All 12 players who predominantly delivered that dominant, consistent run of results, were fit and available to play today.

Did anyone reading this agree that suddenly playing Dack (who hadn't started a home game for months and months) instead of Gallagher, was likely to help continue this brilliant run? (Answers please. There won't be any).

It was clueless, experimental, apprentice management, based on training pitch form, and a managerial hunch, rather than hard-nosed, proven, Championship experience.

I thought, based on watching the team for the whole of the season, that we would be less likely to perform and win with this experimental line-up.

There were many, many calls for the manager to be wary of Ched Evans having a similar physical impact on our central defenders. 

Let me tell you that without those six home wins in a row when we played predominantly the same team and tactics, we would be in 16th position in the Championship. 

I repeat, our focus at the moment is not winning games, it is focusing on our (or at least JDTs) style of play, which coincidentally is not the style of play that won us the last 6 home games. Those results were often based on long ball breakaways finished by BBD, when one of our defenders had the audacity to break free of the shackles of our 'style of play'.

Jesus, I'm hurting, as the midweek away poisonous tactical ineptitude has now infected our decent home and away form.

I'm hoping the manager will see that the team that will win him many more games is still there and waiting to be selected, but for me, the tinkering is killing us.

And me.

Hands up who would have guessed at  todays starting line up ? It’s happening every week now. Who would have guessed the starting line up at the Dingle dome ? I’d bet not one person on here would have got the line ups right for either of those games.

4 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

He'll be here for 3 years while we flirt with playoffs but end up 8-12th each season then he'll leave for a Greek or a Turkish side that non of us have heard of or could spell then he'll be replaced and we'll go through it all again with a new manager stuck in the championship while the debt builds up,what a lot to look forward too

I will be surprised if he sees the season out , the football is dreadful ....Not since the days of Jim Iley have I wanted a new  manager out (not counting Kean) in such a short space of time ...

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

There were also many, many calls for the manager to be wary of Ched Evans having a similar physical impact on our central defenders, as Barnes did in our last game. 

Jesus, I'm hurting, as the midweek away poisonous tactical ineptitude has now infected our decent home and away weekend form.

And me.

Yes because he’s the best FOOTBALLER we have.

I like seeing players who can control and pass a ball, not lads who can just run a cross-country and pull on opponents shirts  (Szmodics and Travis predominately) 

Just because he hasn’t started for months doesn’t mean it’s not the right decision, those things are unrelated. Likewise Gallagher not starting isn’t related to it as they both should have been in the starting 11 if fit. 

EDIT: I agree with the general premise of the post that he tinkers all the time and it’s to no benefit to us. 

Edited by superniko

21 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I will be surprised if he sees the season out , the football is dreadful ....Not since the days of Jim Iley have I wanted a new  manager out (not counting Kean) in such a short space of time ...

This is interesting, as I just want him to stop being so bloody-minded, and occasionally accept that it may be a good idea to play the team that has won us 6 games in a row. 

He will be here all season, and probably next, so we just need him to grow up quickly and develop a pragmatic side to complement his visionary ideas.

There has been as much good as bad this season, but it is hard to accept that it has been just as much of a roller-coaster as last season. Ouch. 

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yes because he’s the best FOOTBALLER we have.

I like seeing players who can control and pass a ball, not lads who can just run a cross-country and pull on opponents shirts  (Szmodics and Travis predominately) 

Just because he hasn’t started for months doesn’t mean it’s not the right decision, those things are unrelated. Likewise Gallagher not starting isn’t related to it as they both should have been in the starting 11 if fit. 

Ok. Now we are getting somewhere.

I wanted to find the one other person who agreed with JDT that playing Dack instead of Gally would be likely to ensure that 6 wins out of 6 would become 7 out of 7. 

I thought at kick off, that it would lead to a disjointed performance and a loss. 

If he had played Gally and left Dack on the bench, I thought we would have matched Preston, and got at least a point.

Fitting Dack into the team(which I agree would improve us if he was fit), at the expense of a different player is a separate discussion.

11 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Ok. Now we are getting somewhere.

I wanted to find the one other person who agreed with JDT that playing Dack instead of Gally would be likely to ensure that 6 wins out of 6 would become 7 out of 7. 

I thought at kick off, that it would lead to a disjointed performance and a loss. 

If he had played Gally and left Dack on the bench, I thought we would have matched Preston, and got at least a point.

Fitting Dack into the team(which I agree would improve us if he was fit), at the expense of a different player is a separate discussion.

Not sure if you’re agreeing or disagreeing with my comment on that as I suggested it’s an unrelated decision and both Dack and Gally should start in our best 11? But surely you can see Dack > Szmodics in compete unrelation to Sam Gallagher?

Also the ‘fit’ comment is an bit odd. Looked the leanest I’ve seen him, his injury was yonks ago, he’s clearly as fit as he was 4 years ago, if not fitter.
People (not yourself / related to your post) have this mythical fantasy that Szmodics or Travis or Morton are these really good ‘high press’ players as it’s JDTs style and that Dack wouldn’t fit his ‘system’ - whatever the hell that system is. From my eyes watching us, none of those have an outstanding burst of pace, or strength, or pressure….so I’ve no idea where this Dack is unfit, doesn’t suit the style, can’t play high press twaddle comes from, other than the fact certain posters hang on JDTs word as if he can’t be wrong or criticised.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

Dack was playing further forward than he should. When he started playing a bit deeper he started contributing more to the game.

JDT played him deeper in the Blackpool match and he played well. Then next game he put him further forward, he was crap and barely featured since. You'd hope that the manager would have looked at the two performances and taken away the obvious, but he didn't.

Just like putting Brittain on the opposite side and Hedges at wingback. He expects too much from the players and doesn't seem to care or take responsibility for not getting the most from them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, superniko said:

Cowboys win it this year mate don’t worry. Beat the eagles at Christmas and get #1 seed then a QB-less 49ers the only other team to fear in that conference. 
Just don’t upset the apple cart with Odell

…Yes I am deflecting as much as I can away from that horror performance!

Wow, niko, I don’t know what to say. 
I would love that… I’m just wary of 27 years of Jones. 

No, Cowboys don’t need Beckham. A total distraction, & probably on his last legs as a player, anyway. the kind of guy Jones generally trades #1 picks for, ugh 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If we’re still dogshite in a month or two changes need to be made. We aren’t the greatest collection of players I’ve ever seen but we’re not a 4-1 dicking at home to Preston bad. Something is wrong at the club and at the moment the finger is pointing firmly at the manager.

It's the same thing that's been wrong with the club for the last 12 years.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I was thinking Jim Iley too as this is fkin awful

Well, that was depressing, wasn't it? Because the conditions underfoot made it too risky for me & my walking sticks even to get a taxi to as near as taxis stop outside the ground; and because I'm too frugal (a.k.a. "tight") to pay for Sky, I had to listen to the game on Radio Lancs.

It was all so grimly predictable; after an awful display - which felt like Men vs. Boys - in the last game before the World Cup break, we have virtually a repeat performance yesterday. And I fear that we'll continue with repeat performances for some time for a number of reasons

In the early days of the previous manager, I cut him some slack because of his PR in those days. I thought we'd got a good, experienced manager who would at the very least stabilise us where we were when I saw the first match I can remember seeing at Ewood in November 1953, namely mid-table in Division 2. Eventually the scales dropped from my eyes and I realised what a time-server we had in the Manager's Office at Brockhall.

Similarly with JDT, I was really enthusiastic about his appointment. A man who had European managerial experience with what sounded like a realistic approach to the problem he was facing; he implied, that it was going to take three or four transfer windows to improve the squad sufficiently to get us where we, the fans, want the team to be.

I'm not sure he gets where that is. For me, it's back to where we were at the time when our owners, for some reason I still don't understand, sacked Big Sam; namely as a mid-table Premier League team. Rarely able to recreate the excitement of the absolute glory days nearly 30 years ago but secure enough in the Premier League to, hopefully, become self-sufficient there.

But really; I'm beginning to wonder if JDT, for all his European experience, isn't a bit naïve. He talks the talk, all right - reaching   the Promised Land is a Project which will take three or four transfer windows achieve. We haven't the players presently to implement his strategy; he doesn't seem to "get" the strength of our rivalry with the Dingles and, increasingly, these days with PNE, and he seems to be developing the tendencies of a "Tinkerman".

We're in a false position at present; no team that's lost as many games as we have should be as high in the table and we're approaching the second of his three or four transfer windows with questions to be answered. Will he and "Gregg" be allowed by our owners to buy players who can improve the squad, rather than the panic-buying of players I, for one, had never heard of? And can we transfer out at least some of those players who, with the best will in the world, have taken us as far as their abilities can?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It's the same thing that's been wrong with the club for the last 12 years.

That is why we wont even get the play offs never mind promotion 

They arent interested ..last season was the best opportunity and didnt go for it .

Then what about  Gestede and Rhodes up front scoring for fun.nearest we got to the play offs needing a win and bowyer settled for a draw at home against yeovil

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Athlete said:

And a defeat at norwich it is

Tommasson out his depth

We used to have an acronym for people like JDT. - NFI. See if you can work it out. If we think it what will the players be thinking ?

I watched the highlights of our game with Ajax reserves the other day. Dolan finished off 3 chances ( 1 disallowed ) like a veteran. I thought “ he’ll be playing against PNE “. Not a chance.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces