BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/12/22

Very good performance so far and very different from the last 2 games. Pressing high, players closing down quickly, playing longer balls which helps when Gallagher is playing. The back is playing more narrower and closer together. Playing it out from the back less and Kaminski kicking it longer. Take less risk approach

Buckley has been good in midfield with closing down and pressing more. Morton also been good. 

Also like Dolan and Dack pressing from the front. 

Please keep this up Rovers. JDT's Blue and White Army. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Maybe I'm missing something as I'm unable to watch it and just popped in to check the score, but everyone seems to be incredible positive despite the fact from the outside it looks like we're offering nothing and fluked a goal?

Anyone got a quick summary?

image.png.44245dea91e483ccf908ee8ee51b55f4.png

Those stats don't represent how the half has been.

We started very brightly, deservedly led and then had a large period where we let them have the ball. 7 'shots', but if you'd seen them, we were troubled by none of them.

The main positive is that we've been bright, pressing well and some good individual performances so far - even JRC has been decent, to be fair.

The negative is that we've had periods of fanning around at the back still and, if we persevere with that, it's a matter of time until we gift them a real chance.

Good half though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah, would love to see a A Wharton/ Buckley in the middle. On their day that would be probably the best CM duo in the league.

Jesus Christ, I’m all for backing our own lads and those two are good promising young players but F**k me that’s a ridiculous claim. We need to sign an experienced physical presence in central midfield in Jan to play alongside ONE of Wharton/Buckley/Morton. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crozzy said:

I know I bang the Dack drum but he is certainly not finished. He’s one of our best players still. Quality passing, one touch passing and link up play 

The pass through to Morton was pure quality then. He is still a difference maker at this level. A run of games and no injuries please. 

Jesus and he just opened it up for Buckley there. Pure class

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, J*B said:

Brilliant from Dack there. Decent from Buckley, but as Sky commented, should have passed to Brereton rather than Gallagher. 

Honking from Bucko it was a terrible ball and the wrong choice 

Just now, J*B said:

Brilliant from Dack there. Decent from Buckley, but as Sky commented, should have passed to Brereton rather than Gallagher. 

He had the option of Gallagher and Brereton. 99.9% of our survey said they would have passed to Brereton.