BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

• Backroom
Just now, neophox said:

At Norwich they seemed to bother.

I was there, both teams were poor, Norwich were just far worse. Anyone holding that performance up as the gold standard needs to rewatch the match without the JDT tinted specs on. 

• Like 4

Feel like mentioning Sam Gallagher is still rubbish. Loses the ball every single time he has it, terrible target man, creates nothing and never makes anything close to a good run. I've seen the statistic that says we win with him in the squad but as I've said all along we need Brereton-Diaz in that central role.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, neophox said:

No one would sack the manager when sitting third..

Stop looking at the position and look at the number of losses, then look at how many of those losses where we conceded 3 or more, or had basically no shots.

We are in even more false a position than last year, any owners with ambition would pot him and go for broke whilst we have a chance.

• Like 4

Can't believe we're still 3rd and have five of the bottom six over the next six game... Mental. 

Thought defence was pretty good and JRC excellent. However midfield and forward balance all wrong. What worries me is that we just struggled to get hold of the ball. Morton, BBD, Dack, Gallagher were all really poor. Morton wasted the ball in good positions repeatedly while Dack, Gallagher and BBD struggled to get on the ball at all. Thought Hedges, and Buckley did okay. 

We seem to be drifting back to the very top heavy 4231 we played at the start of the season with the front four all pushed up into the last third so the centre mids carry all the work in the middle third of the pitch. I just don't really get it personally. Very hard for us to establish control over a game.  

I suspect we will probably change systems again. Half way through the season and we are still very unsure of what we are doing tactically. But if you told me we would be third on boxing day I would have taken it.

• Like 3

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Two cb aside there is not an ounce of physicality in this team.  It's also completely devoid of pace.  They are the 2 things you need to be competitive in this league. 

We lack it throughout the entire squad.

It's almost like we need three transfer windows...

When Ryan Hedges is your standout player in attack then you're seriously devoid of quality I'm afraid - I desperately want Gallagher to turn into a good player, but £5m was daylight robbery for him. Brereton-Diaz has completely gone off the boil and we don't have anyone to pick up the reigns. 

Our amazing run pre-January last year was due to Brereton-Diaz converting at a ridiculous rate. Our woeful run post-January was because he got injured. 

• Like 3

Well it's the same thoughts that I have written about for the first half however to add to it there passed the ball much quicker then we did there had more options on the ball. Our almost out of contract forwards needs to be sold in Jan if he carrys on playing like that, steward there forward was a lot better. We need the money to be spent on midfield and a better forward.

To be fair to our manager it will take time money is tight and more me it's a holding season let get the basic Foundation right and push on in one or two seasons. However the more we are on sky and the higher up we go the more money we get so it's all to play for, and for a moment there I thought we might get our first draw, should of known we do not do draws 😔

• Like 1

Just now, RTM08 said:

Stop looking at the position and look at the number of losses, then look at how many of those losses where we conceded 3 or more, or had basically no shots.

We are in even more false a position than last year, any owners with ambition would pot him and go for broke whilst we have a chance.

Bang on.

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, neophox said:

At Norwich they seemed to bother.

There goes the voice of someone that didn’t travel 2 and a half hours to get there and has a 2 and a half hour journey home.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

If we start losing games when we score first then were screwed because JDT has shown no ability to change things when we go behind in a game

I disagree, JDT can makes things worse.

Taking off Dack and Gallagher to replace them with Travis and Hirst is mind altering and not in a good way.

The man simply has no idea beyond non progressive tippy tappy.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Feel like mentioning Sam Gallagher is still rubbish. Loses the ball every single time he has it, terrible target man, creates nothing and never makes anything close to a good run. I've seen the statistic that says we win with him in the squad but as I've said all along we need Brereton-Diaz in that central role.

We need better than Gallagher - Ross Stewart is 5 times the player. Unfortunately you saw today what happens when Brereton-Diaz plays centrally - he falls over looking for a free kick. He can't handle any sort of physicality. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fair to middling.😒

Dont think we will make top Six.

Mid table team, with mid table budget, mid table manager and Sunday league owners. 

You need money to get out of this league, we don’t have any.

• Like 3