BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sunderland (a) - 26/12/22

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’ve got to think they are not playing for the manager. We are individually better than this.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’ve got to think they are not playing for the manager. We are individually better than this.

If "they are not playing for the manager" how have we got to being 3rd in the table ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bethnal said:

That’s a very poor result. Sunderland had a whole stadium behind them, roaring them on and really didn’t bother us much in the second half. At the death, a fresh captain gives away the ball and the striker has about two weeks to figure out what to with the ball. Woeful. We look worse now than before the World Cup. I still don’t think you sack a manager who’s in the playoff spots and I still have faith in “The Project™” but it’s definitely waning at an alarming rate.

We look worse today than we did at Preston or Burnley? 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray did it last season against Luton away when he put Ayala up front for the last few minutes

That didn't work at all for Mowbray and Samba up front didn't work at all for Allardyce. I don't really recall Dalglish putting Hendry up front but if he did that's a bit of an exception as when he first arrived he from Dundee in his first spell at the Club he came as a centre forward.

Putting a CH up front isn't really a credible option.

Gutted about losing today's game. Deserved a point. Thought JRC and Pickering were very good at stopping Roberts and Clarke having much impact. Thought Hyam and Ayala did fine against Stewart. I didn't think we ever got going today in attacking sense. That was disappointed for me today. 

Travis should do better for the second game. 

I do wonder if we should have bought on Wharton or Phillips for Dack and gone to back 5 to make sure we at least get a point from this game. 

I am not disheartened by today result and we moved on to the next game and lets get's maximum points from the next 2 home games now. 

43 minutes ago, rigger said:

If JDT thinks that Hirst  is worth a first- team squad place, that is his perogative. I will not be wasting any more money on the Rovers until we start picking players on merit.

Surely you support the team regardless whether you rate the players or not? 

25 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think Morton is ok. We need new midfielders in January..

Morton is key part of how we play and he has been a good loan signing for me

14 minutes ago, rigger said:

Vale and Burns are better than Hirst or Markanday, in my opinion. Gallagher might be better in a diferrent system.

is Sam Burns is good enough for Championship? 

Hirst need a run of games to see whether he is good enough at this level  but he is going to bit part player with Gallagher the main striker and that the right choice. 

Markanday isn't striker either

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

That didn't work at all for Mowbray and Samba up front didn't work at all for Allardyce. I don't really recall Dalglish putting Hendry up front but if he did that's a bit of an exception as when he first arrived he from Dundee in his first spell at the Club he came as a centre forward.

I agree Rev. You play players in the correct positions. 

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray did it last season against Luton away when he put Ayala up front for the last few minutes

Obviously you think that’s a decision worth mocking now, but was Luton away before or after your complete 180 on Mowbray? Because if it was prior to your change of heart you’ll have been praising the decision at the time.

Ayala was far more useful to us in Sunderland’s box today than Hirst was.

• Like 2

You get a ‘run of games’ by offering something in the cameos you do get. 

But your solution is to just start him regardless against all the evidence for what, 4,5,6 games? We’ll be about 10th by then.

What is you obsession with starting some loanee a county mile out of his depth? Thought you were a Rovers fan, not a Leicester/George Hirst fan.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Morton is key part of how we play and he has been a good loan signing for me.

Hirst need a run of games to see whether he is good enough at this level  but he is going to bit part player with Gallagher the main striker and that the right choice. 

Morton is bang average for me chaddy. For better or worse I'd rather one of our own youngsters was getting the game time.

Gallagher and Hirst simply aren't good enough and no sound of game time will change that. We will never be successful with either of those two as staples in the side.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Next time youre on a away coach Rev shut the toilet door please

Edited by Athlete
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gutted about losing today's game. Deserved a point. Thought JRC and Pickering were very good at stopping Roberts and Clarke having much impact. Thought Hyam and Ayala did fine against Stewart. I didn't think we ever got going today in attacking sense. That was disappointed for me today. 

Travis should do better for the second game. 

I do wonder if we should have bought on Wharton or Phillips for Dack and gone to back 5 to make sure we at least get a point from this game. 

I am not disheartened by today result and we moved on to the next game and lets get's maximum points from the next 2 home games now. 

Surely you support the team regardless whether you rate the players or not? 

Morton is key part of how we play and he has been a good loan signing for me

is Sam Burns is good enough for Championship? 

Markanday isn't striker either

I agree with most of this post, but on Hirst I'd say has had enough of a crack to show that he is a million miles off it. Granted he could do a Diaz like transformation but I think Ben despite being diabolical for his first two seasons here had shown something here and there. Hirst has done nothing at all, never wins a single duel in the air or on the ground let alone get in scoring positions. Never seen a player so obviously out of his depth.

If we replace Hirst with a good goal scoring centre forward who carries a threat it will make a huge difference to the side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rigger said:

If JDT thinks that Hirst  is worth a first- team squad place, that is his perogative. I will not be wasting any more money on the Rovers until we start picking players on merit.

Not like you Rigger?? We're still 3rd from top. 

16 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If "they are not playing for the manager" how have we got to being 3rd in the table ?

Not for much longer. It’s clear we’ve been over achieving. Results are poor and form is dire. The manager looks out of ideas. It’s not difficult to see us sliding slowly down the table and finishing some where in the middle 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I agree with most of this post, but on Hirst I'd say has had enough of a crack to show that he is a million miles off it. Granted he could do a Diaz like transformation but I think Ben despite being diabolical for his first two seasons here had shown something here and there. Hirst has done nothing at all, never wins a single duel in the air or on the ground let alone get in scoring positions. Never seen a player so obviously out of his depth.

If we replace Hirst with a good goal scoring centre forward who carries a threat it will make a huge difference to the side.

hirst looks like someone they`ve invited off the riverside to have a go at league football

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

hirst looks like someone they`ve invited off the riverside to have a go at league football

I was going to say, if you’d taken most of the decent centre forwards who played amateur and semi pro football when I did and given them 5 games for Rovers first team, they would have acquitted themselves better than Hirst has. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Not for much longer. It’s clear we’ve been over achieving. Results are poor and form is dire. The manager looks out of ideas. It’s not difficult to see us sliding slowly down the table and finishing some where in the middle 

Next season is a big worry. Without the inexplicably good start to this season we would be in deep trouble now. 

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I was going to say, if you’d taken most of the decent centre forwards who played amateur and semi pro football when I did and given them 5 games for Rovers first team, they would have acquitted themselves better than Hirst has. 

It must be his dad that's got him as far as he has. Will soon be sussed out and finish up in the Conference league or whatever.