BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Middlesbrough (h) - 29/12/22

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We're absolutely horrific, can barely string 2 passes together. 

STILL trying to play it out from the back and failing.

That’s probably the most infuriating thing for me. JDT keeps pushing this play out from the back approach, setting the centre backs between the goal line and the 6 yard box to receive the ball from the keeper. So obviously all built for intricate stuff.

And yet once it goes to midfield there is none of that, it’s either hopeful punts in the direction of a player or just running into trouble! No interplay, no planned movement, nothing.

You would nearly accept some of the goals being given away from overplaying at the back if they showed the same application of passing it through midfield to the forwards, but it’s just totally aimless and hopeful passes/punts for the most part.

• Like 5

We were much better than this lot tonight. Even at 1-1 with 11 players we’d have at least stood a good chance of getting three points. This result is entirely on John Buckleys petulance. 

JDT needs to urgently sit around the table with Wharton and make friends. Adam needs to grow up. 

• Like 8

Just now, J*B said:

We were much better than this lot tonight. Even at 1-1 with 11 players we’d have at least stood a good chance of getting three points. This result is entirely on John Buckleys petulance. 

JDT needs to urgently sit around the table with Wharton and make friends. Adam needs to grow up. 

What actually happened? As that’s a fairly big statement to make around Adam Wharton needing to grow up 

What's with the the grow up comments regarding people wanting JDT out? I am not one for rash sackings but I feel the writing is on the wall with this manager. Unlikely but I'd like us to be a bit proactive rather than reactive for once. I'd actually back a change of manager, this is going south and quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Well, the early season luck has certainly run out, form has fallen off a cliff, and we no longer hold on to leads.

First real test for JDT. We'll see if he can halt the slide in a way Mowbray never could. 

Buckley played a massive part in fucking it up didnt he? 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Adam was gutted that he wasn’t in the first eleven against Burnley. He was pissed off he wasn’t in the squad. He was upset when he was told he wasn’t allowed to sit on the bench with the squad. He was furious when he was told he wasn’t allowed to travel with the squad. He called his management when he was told he couldn’t even get a ticket to the game.

His personality is going to take some serious management but the player is worth it. If we don’t do it, someone else will. 

Is that true? Sounds utterly bizarre the club would stop him getting a ticket. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I get that some are frustrated with JDT but tonight Boro were gifted 3 points by Buckley and the fourth official.

We also have some shit players that need replacing who could have done better to extend the lead before half time.

I can't blame JDT for Buckley thinking he was in a practice match, terrible refereeing and terrible finishing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

What's with the the grow up comments regarding people wanting JDT out? I am not one for rash sackings but I feel the writing is on the wall with this manager. Unlikely but I'd like us to be a bit proactive rather than reactive for once. I'd actually back a change of manager, this is going south and quickly.

Yeah, I'm not sure it's a helpful response to an opinion, either. Personally, I still desperately want JDT to get things right and succeed and I think he will be given plenty of time. But the direction we are going in is really concerning. This is not an enjoyable part of the 'journey' and it needs to be addressed urgently. If only there was a transfer window about to open and a scouting team in place. (Oh, and a real budget actually available)...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Adam was gutted that he wasn’t in the first eleven against Burnley. He was pissed off he wasn’t in the squad. He was upset when he was told he wasn’t allowed to sit on the bench with the squad. He was furious when he was told he wasn’t allowed to travel with the squad. He called his management when he was told he couldn’t even get a ticket to the game.

His personality is going to take some serious management but the player is worth it. If we don’t do it, someone else will. 

It does seem a very odd way to treat him. How did JDT expect him to react then?

I thought the idea of a project was to build rather than destroy.

• Like 2

Well thought we played pretty well all things considering, got screwed by the ref.

I dont really see why getting in JDT and bringing in a new manager is going to suddenly improve anything.

Lets see how the next six games go. Lots of winnable games. If we are plummeting down the table obviously we will all be sharpening the pitch forks and warming up the firebrands. 

I suspect however we will pick up a few wins in Jan.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

It does seem a very odd way to treat him. How did JDT expect him to react then?

I thought the idea of a project was to build rather than destroy.

I don’t think the management have/had any idea what Rovers vs. Burnley means to the local lads. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reginald said:

He's like Buckley squared in terms of looking like he doesn't give a shit. An obviously talented player on his day, but a midfield of him and Morton is ridiculously lightweight.

Completely disagree.  Wharton gets stuck in.  He wins the ball then plays incisive passes

• Backroom

Sorry but if that's the barometer for playing well the expectation must be 15th or so. We weren't as bad as previous performances but that's not saying much. First half we were okay, but by and large it was the same as always, lots of passing, a couple of opportunities and then the usual implosion and an inability to turn things around when it started going against us. Watching us it's not difficult to see why we have the worst xG in the division.

Of course JDT shouldn't be sacked, but let's be honest, this lot play terribly under him and despite our current league position (soon to be a distant memory) have done for 80% of the season. Yes this is a project and he needs time, but he should still be able to make better use of the squad he has available now. He should have more strings to his bow than this style of play we're seeing the players repeatedly fail at attempting. I need to see more from him in terms of ingenuinity and creative thought. I gave Mowbray stick for the same flaws, so it'd be hypocritcal of me to stay silent and not criticise JDT for what I see as the same basic issue in a different, no more entertaining form.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Blackpool_Rover said:

I can’t take you seriously. Down to 10 for 40 mins you wanna take the big guy off? Makes no sense. No manager would have done that.

Gallagher did nothing apart from waste a couple of decent chances.

We were down to nine.