BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Rotherham United (a) - 14/1/23 k/o 12:30pm

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

We had a decent 20 minute spell in there. 
Simply need to see anyone come out to replace Gallagher 2nd half.

We've been by far the better team, we just don't have anyone who can put a golden chance in the back of the net. 

Dack should AT LEAST have hit the target with his header. Hedges and Gallagher should both have scored. End of. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I hope not. I haven't got kids. Though I was there at the birth of my puppies 

I have two step kids but I know from other people who has had kids that being at the birth of your child is one of the special days of your life you will ever experience. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

Erm.. physicality? My cat has more physicality than those two combined

You must have a lion padding around your house.

Gallagher's first touch is poor (and so is his finishing), but at the end of the day he's still an athletic 6'4" bloke who puts a shift in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers need to keep the ball and use our movement and increase the tempo. We created 2 good opportunities so far. Surprised Dack didn't go for the far post with glancing header or Hedges didn't lift the ball over the keeper. Dack and Morton playing well. Gallagher has been very poor and doesn't look fit. His touch for the one on one was poor to say the least

Dolan and Markanday will be needed in the second half for me. 

Still think we will win this now. 

Fair synopsis. We just need to put our chances away. But unfortunately they are 1 up n will put everything behind the ball so question is have we the quality to break them down

• Like 1

The ‘football’ under JDT is so boring, we create nothing and in areas where you need pace and skill we have none.

The front three having one of their worst performances of the season. Sam and Vale have failed to do basic things like control a ball or run. Get them both off 

• Like 4

Vale has shown a bit. Decent on the ball, but he's not getting into dangerous areas. Theres been plenty of ball in and around their box and he's been missing for quite some portion of it. Doesn't read the game well from what I've seen. Gallagher has been very poor. A yard too slow with a boot a yard too heavy.

Dack on the other hand has been everywhere. Reckon he'll drag us to at least something out of the game.

5 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Well that has got to be the worst front 2 I have seen in a Rovers shirt in 60 years.

Vale and Gallagher hang your heads in shame. 🤬

It is appalling that these are the "striker" options we've been left with. Both are terrible. I get the whole "Gally works really hard" thing. But that should just be a prerequisite. What strengths does Vale have? That half made me feel so despondent.

Just now, roverblue said:

The ‘football’ under JDT is so boring, we create nothing and in areas where you need pace and skill we have none.

The front three having one of their worst performances of the season. Sam and Vale have failed to do basic things like control a ball or run. Get them both off 

i agree it is boring and predictable,if you want to play this way then jdt will have to spend a lot of money to make it effective

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You must have a lion padding around your house.

Gallagher's first touch is poor (and so is his finishing), but at the end of the day he's still an athletic 6'4" bloke who puts a shift in. 

Gallagher runs around a lot, mostly aimlessly, but I wouldn't call him physical. He's never put his frame to good use, and at this point it seems unlikely he ever will. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superniko said:

Do you honestly believe Gallagher offers physicality? (assuming you don’t mean Vale).

He’s as soft as putty, can’t hold up play or control a ball. Offers absolute 0 physicality. 

At least Dolan will run his legs into the ground putting pressure on them. 

I don't think he's a battering ram of a CF, but he's a big, athletic player that causes CBs to at least think about the aerial threat. You're asking JDT to replace him with two 5'6" / 5'7" players. 

I've said time and again that Vale gets bullied at this level - he's not good enough, despite being a tidy player on the ball. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You lose all your physicality upfront, but it's worth a shot. 

The ONLY time we'd miss Gallagher is if Rotherham get a corner. I can't remember ever seeing a player who boils my blood as much as him.  Fantastic pass by Dack and he made a complete mess of it. 

A lot of angry posters on here, but I think we've actually played OKAY. Dack is our best player by a country mile. Those fans that wrote him off and wanted him sold should hang their heads in shame. 

Rotherham are a team of workhorses, but they're pretty poor.  If we can't equalise here it's a real wake up call for the powers that be during this window.  Vale and Gally as our strikers is nauseating. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Fair synopsis. We just need to put our chances away. But unfortunately they are 1 up n will put everything behind the ball so question is have we the quality to break them down

We are keeping the ball, using movement and we just need to increase the tempo. I would like to see Dolan on soon. His pace, movement could be key here

4 minutes ago, roverblue said:

so we haven't 3 good chances then? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

This has to change. We can’t keep doing this. It doesn’t matter if the opposition score after 30 seconds or 30 minutes…we’re not coming back from it. Rotherham are a poor side, just like Wigan, just like Cardiff…rinse and repeat. We have to bring in a forward who can hold the ball up and act as a central target. Gallagher is good once every ten games at best. He’s having another shocker today. Too much meaningless possession. This game will end 1 or 2-0 and JDT seems clueless how to change these situations around. 

Rotherham don't deserve to be 1-0 up. Rovers the better team.

What was Pickering doing with that pass?

Gallagher is very bad.

Vale not offering much but his hold up play earlier in the game was good.

Dack is having the best game in a long time. He has better players in front of him and we win, simple as that.

Keeper has gone unchallenged, Rotherham look a poor team but we have no goalscorers.

I'd bring Dolan on as I think he'll run their defence ragged. I haven't seen much of Markanday but can he be any worse than Gallagher?

I think we'll see Travis for Garrett too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverblue said:

We create nothing? This is literally 3-1 with a good striker or two. 

I can't emphasise enough how bad those Gallagher and Hedges misses are - the Dack one should have been slotted away too if we're honest. 

Much like the Boro and Cardiff games, we're dying for a proper #9 to put the bloody ball in the back of the net. 

• Like 2

It's inexcusable that we haven't come from a goal down to win this season but sometimes you might conceed after 30, 60, 80 mins. Giving you less time to overturn it, we will have had a full game here vs a relegation candidate to do it...struggling so far to change that.

7 minutes ago, Stonesrick said:

Well that has got to be the worst front 2 I have seen in a Rovers shirt in 60 years.

Vale and Gallagher hang your heads in shame. 🤬

I was just thinking we wouldn't be too shabby if we had anyone who vaguely resembled a striker.

But we are so slow in moving the ball forward and Hyam, Pickering and more and more JRC are reluctant to try and just go for the simple side or backwards pass when they are the one with space and time.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Gallagher runs around a lot, mostly aimlessly, but I wouldn't call him physical. He's never put his frame to good use, and at this point it seems unlikely he ever will. 

I bet he's quicker in a sprint that Dolan and Markanday and he's certainly significantly bigger.

As I've repeatedly said I'd love to move on from him, but you've got to wee with the willy  you've got. I'm by no means defending him.