BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bristol City (a) - 21/1/23

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He ain't a striker just like BBD isn't

I really don’t understand why you are so adamant on this, he was fine with Chile through the middle. I’d have him up front in every week. Wasted on the left, make him the focal point and serve him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

that in under 21s football but for the first team he plays from the right and he has shown his tricky and skill like Rotherham away last week or in the cup games

If he shows his tricky in the wrong place, he will get arrested. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Like our midfield letting their guy walk through them to get the shot off. Who was it thinking - “ Shall I track back ? Nah, fuck it, I’ll let somebody else do that “.  Typical I’m afraid.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Vale needs a loan in league 2.  If he doesn't perform there, he needs shipping out and the next academy prospect moved up.  

Seen nothing from vale that suggests he should be competing for a  place at this level.  

He’s got none of the tools you need to be a striker. What’s he like in goal ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Vale needs a loan in league 2.  If he doesn't perform there, he needs shipping out and the next academy prospect moved up.  

Seen nothing from vale that suggests he should be competing for a  place at this level.  

he was loaned to halifax,barrow and rochdale and did`nt impress either,it makes it worse when he does`nt appear to be particularly interested,if you lack the technical ability at least make up for it with energy and enthusiasm,paul dickov was never the best footballer but he made up for it with sheer effort,the fans used to love him for it

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Like our midfield letting their guy walk through them to get the shot off. Who was it thinking - “ Shall I track back ? Nah, fuck it, I’ll let somebody else do that “.  Typical I’m afraid.

That is definitely worse than the awkward bounce brereton had to contend with 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

his movement is improving and the way he took his 2 goals shows there is something there. 

Mark Atkins said today that Vale was doing a job for the team instead of being the number 9 striker 

Did you watch the game? I watched the full 90 minutes on the firestick and Vale did nothing today except fail to get a hold of the ball and then when he had the ball all he did was give it away. He was absolutely shocking today. 

I don’t want to hammer him to much because he’s a young kid but he shouldn’t be playing championship football, he needs a loan to League two or the conference. 

Edited by Butty
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Did you watch the game? I watched the full 90 minutes on the firestick and Vale did nothing today except lose the ball and then when he had the ball all he did was give it away. He was absolutely shocking today. 

I don’t want to hammer him to much because he’s a young kid but he shouldn’t be playing championship football, he needs a loan to League two or the conference. 

Completely agree with that assessment. He’s miles off it. Not even any nuisance value and positioning is very questionable.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have seen Markanday a few times for the U21s. Believe me he is not a winger. His main asset is a good shot. More could be made of this asset playing him through the middle, rather than on the wing. As you have changed the question, JDT could try a partnership of Dack up front with Gally.

Dack can’t play upfront. We’ve seen this many times over the years. In the home game against Bristol Tomasson tried it.

Gallagher played against Rotherham, as did Vale and Gallagher was worse.

But the point is that our striker options are shit, shitter or untried. Can’t blame JDT for that.

I’m not sure why you suggested Markanday anyway as he wasn’t selectable.

Today who does he pick out of Vale, poor again at Rotherham,  and Gallagher, poorer against Rotherham? Whoever he picks, it won’t matter much.

Dolan? Depends which one turns up.

They are a sorry bunch.

Edited by booth

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What a series of bizarre comments here.

Of course the players are playing for JDT. You say this shambles but we are 4th in the league yet people on here are calling it a shambles or JDT should go. 

He ain't a striker just like BBD isn't

You mean like a Danny Graham type?

I was thinking more of an Ashley Barnes type of player. I hate him personally, but he kept both our centre backs in a permanent state of anxiety when we played Burnley. Both were occupied trying to keep him at bay (unsuccessfully) and it allowed opportunities for others. 

2 hours ago, BigBar said:

The silence on here regarding him is deafening. He is horrendous. Happy to have been a pioneer on here in pointing it out even if I got alot of shit for it. A shame really but he isn't the answer and it's detrimental to the team to persist with him. Two new midfielders required. End of.

You don't half talk out your arse. Just on the way home from Bristol and believe me the lad Morton is utter dog shite and needs booting back to Liverpool pronto. He goes hiding when the team needs him leaving Buckley trying to do the work of 2. Mind, you don't watch football (aka Mercer)apart from TV so your skewed logic and ignorance is perhaps more understandable

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he was loaned to halifax,barrow and rochdale and did`nt impress either,it makes it worse when he does`nt appear to be particularly interested,if you lack the technical ability at least make up for it with energy and enthusiasm,paul dickov was never the best footballer but he made up for it with sheer effort,the fans used to love him for it

Personally I prefer Sam Burns over Vale. Even though Burns is small he puts himself about, without picking up many bookings. He harries and worries defenders into trying to kick him. He is not a classic forward, but is more like an irritating wasp. For some reason he has tumbled down the pecking order.

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

Did you watch the game? I watched the full 90 minutes on the firestick and Vale did nothing today except fail to get a hold of the ball and then when he had the ball all he did was give it away. He was absolutely shocking today. 

He is not a young kid.

For fecks sake he is 22 in March...................................!!!!!

The lad will never, ever make it in Championship.  To me League 2 may well be his level.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I prefer Sam Burns over Vale. Even though Burns is small he puts himself about, without picking up many bookings. He harries and worries defenders into trying to kick him. He is not a classic forward, but is more like an irritating wasp. For some reason he has tumbled down the pecking order.

A pressing forward is exactly what's needed, out of possession.

Haven't seen enough of Burns on the ball to make a judgement, if I'm honest - but based on Vale's performances this season, I'm not sure he could be a less effective option?

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Dack can’t play upfront. We’ve seen this many times over the years. In the home game against Bristol Tomasson tried it.

Gallagher played against Rotherham, as did Vale and Gallagher was worse.

But the point is that our striker options are shit, shitter or untried. Can’t blame JDT for that.

But the original question was, who could we play up front instead of Vale. The options given were an opinion about the players that are currently available. Not an attempt to apportion blame for our lack of good enough strikers.  

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

id`e rather have butterworth over vale,at least he runs about like a madman and puts himself about,he might be knackered after 30 minutes but at least he does work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? what are your high expectations based? 

I think you yet again are being over critical of Vale. He is learning and develop. 

Didn't we spend money in the summer and we will continue to develop and bring through our excellent talent academy players

Brereton Diaz isn't a main striker. 

How can you say I am being over critical without watching the game?!

He was crap again, like having 10 men even before the red card. You always evade giving a straight answer on what he brings to the team because presumably you cant think of anything but want to defend the manager.

He is slow, lazy, weak, doesnt hold the ball up, doesnt win headers, doesnt offer a goal threat, doesnt run in behind, nothing. He is a league 2 or conference standard player and in a poor league there isnt a poorer striker playing even semi regularly.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

I really don’t understand why you are so adamant on this, he was fine with Chile through the middle. I’d have him up front in every week. Wasted on the left, make him the focal point and serve him. 

Whether or not centre forward is his 'best' role has been irrelevant, he's the best player for that position in our current squad that for certain! And we have other decent players that can play in the wider positions 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

However, an outstanding manager / coach would also set the side up to get the best out of what he's already got and adapt tactics accordingly.

Mercer, it’s good to have hope but another manager wouldn’t do shit with these players.

We’re left with barely any forward options, Brereton has done his half season, our midfield is weak and our (fit) first choice fullbacks would struggle to win a snail race.

I can’t pick a full eleven players covering each area, that I’d keep.

Thank goodness for Bradley Dack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

Brereton up top, Dack in behind. Get Hedges on the left and Dolan on the right with the instruction to get the ball in the box. We’d score a damn sight more goals than we do with at present.

• Like 6