BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham FA Cup 4th Round replay - 31/1/23

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't know about a lost dressing room but to me i think it's been clear a while quite a few of them don't buy into it and it shows.

JRC has clicked lately more through sheer graft than anything, Dack similar but there's a raft of them gone backwards rapidly since that WC break.

The effect is most noticeable with Scott W. He has become a liability. The passing game doesn't suit him, the Burnley debacle, having to cover for the errors of Morton, Buckley, Travis etc etc ...... it must get to him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, booth said:

Nothing to do with JDT, apart from Morton not going off which must be contractual. The players didn't play like they didn't want to be here, they just heard an imaginary final whistle and switched off. Before that Brereton should have made it 3.

If Gallagher went any further backwards he'd reverse time.

Morton needs to be sent back to Liverpool.

Waggott needs to explain why we didn't sell BBD so we could replace the dross.

It's a shame Dack seems to be back but the players around him are letting the side down.

No it wouldn't be anything to do with the manager or head coach, it never is at Rovers.

11 minutes ago, DarthPaul said:

Look who's raised his head... 

Screenshot_20230128_174539_com.twitter.android_edit_160893163249927.jpg

I'm curious to know why he thinks a Club owned by an Indian family is "racist". Because he didn't get the manager's job here maybe?. By definition therefore, every other Club in the League must be racist as he hasn't  been given a job there either.

We're also so racist we appointed Paul Ince as manager as well. Didn't work out but that's life.

• Like 3

• Herbie6590 changed the title to v Birmingham FA CUP 4th Round 28/1/23

Ali is nothing more than an opportunist still miffed because nobody wanted a kids coach managing the team just because he managed to cosy up to the owners.

Takes his little pot shots every now and again but who cares it says all we need to know about him still craving for attention.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No it wouldn't be anything to do with the manager or head coach, it never is at Rovers.

Well I watched the game and I thought they played well for the most part. Some of the attacking play was good but the failings of our attacking players are still obvious.

I can't blame the manager for players not scoring or players putting their fellow players under pressure.

It’s just all so depressing isn’t it. 

- The pitch, just sums the club up at the moment, a complete shit heap and we’ve had no game on it for 25 odd days. 

- The January window, we have 1 loanee in from a club in this division who doesn’t want him anymore for a position which we probably have the most depth and strength (at least for the remainder of this season with Diaz, Hedges, Markanday and Dolan)

- The on-pitch product. 7 points from last 8 league games and 10 from last 10. A loan from Liverpool who is treated as the 2nd coming from management, either contractually or mis-managed. Either way it held back youth development (Wharton when fit earlier in the season in particular)

- Regression under the regime, nobody can tell me these players haven’t got worse this season (even from a low bar starting point): Gallagher, Travis, Kaminski, Wharton, Diaz

- The asset management. Diaz joining the list of Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell in leaving for free making it £20m+ of assets getting no return….oh except this time we have to keep playing and paying him for the season!

- On top of all that add in the commercial / community aspect of the club these days….most expensive tickets we’ve had, low attendances, stadium run down, losing fans in the catchment area, no presence in local towns or schools etc (from within the club anyway)

I am still waiting for that moment of positivity that I can talk about for ‘balanced discussion’

Edited by superniko
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm curious to know why he thinks a Club owned by an Indian family is "racist". Because he didn't get the manager's job here maybe?. By definition therefore, every other Club in the League must be racist as he hasn't  been given a job there either.

We're also so racist we appointed Paul Ince as manager as well. Didn't work out but that's life

I think the insinuation is also more why Venkys aren't accepted. He's a proper shit stirrer.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

It’s just all so depressing isn’t it. 

- The pitch, just sums the club up at the moment, a complete shit heap and we’ve had no game on it for 25 odd days. 

- The January window, we have 1 loanee in from a club in this division who doesn’t want him anymore for a position which we probably have the most depth and strength (at least for the remainder of this season)

- The on-pitch product. 7 points from last 8 league games and 10 from last 10. A loan from Liverpool who is treated as the 2nd coming from management, either contractually or mis-managed. Either way it held back youth development (Wharton when fit earlier in the season in particular)

- Regression under the regime, nobody can tell me these players haven’t got worse this season (even from a low bar starting point): Gallagher, Travis, Kaminski, Wharton, Diaz

- The asset management. Diaz joining the list of Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell in leaving for free making it £20m+ of assets getting no return….oh except this time we have to keep playing and paying him for the season!

- On top of all that add in the commercial / community aspect of the club these days….most expensive tickets we’ve had, low attendances, stadium run down, losing fans in the catchment area, no presence in local towns or schools etc (from within the club anyway)

I am still waiting for that moment of positivity that I can talk about for ‘balanced discussion’

Pretty much - but don't worry it's presumably all part of "the project" and everything will just miraculously gel in year 5.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I think the insinuation is also more why Venkys aren't accepted. He's a proper shit stirrer.

Ah I see.Nothing to do with their overall record as owners then.

AllRoverAsia is right. Probably best not to give someone like that the oxygen of publicity unless absolutely necessary.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We're also so racist we appointed Paul Ince as manager as well. Didn't work out but that's life.

Makes you wonder how many people think we're just a bunch of racists, and that's why we don't accept Venkys. I'd hope anyone with an ounce of intelligence would be informed enough to know otherwise.

I think over the thousands of damning posts on here you wouldn't find any racism, whereas on our neighbours forums I've seen some "interesting" comments about ethnic minorities and developing nations.

Of course you always get a small number of idiots in a football crowd.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, booth said:

Well I watched the game and I thought they played well for the most part. Some of the attacking play was good but the failings of our attacking players are still obvious.

I can't blame the manager for players not scoring or players putting their fellow players under pressure.

The style of play he's coaching and players he is picking were responsible for us giving it away and going a goal behind again and another dire first half.

Yes better in the second because they had a go which is the minimum requirement being a goal behind to and bang average side at home.

The lack of direction from the sidelines is worse than when Mowbray was here it's no wonder they switched off again, after subs upset the balance.  And just as when Mowbray was here the manager shares and shoulders the overall outcome in the eyes of fans.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RoverCanada said:

Whatever he said, Travis can fuck off if he thought that was a good time to get mouthy with Etheridge.

He’s an absolute disgrace if he even had an inkling of the nature of the keepers complaint and he did his pound shop Robbie Savage routine 

• Like 1