BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (h) - 6/2/23

7 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I turned off Sky before the interviews came on... has anyone go a link to a recording of JDT? 

I struggle to see him walking away just yet. End of the season maybe if he gets a better offer.

It is mental that we've struggled all season for quality up front yet we didn't manage to bring any strikers in. Can see why he would be angry about that, irrespective of the paperwork issues for the midfielders.

It's OK the sky sports app his interview 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Pickering, JRC, Carter, Pears (miraculously), Hedges, Dolan - all better than they were last season. Travis today was fantastic, but one swallow doesn't make a summer. 

Who has got worse? S. Wharton is looking like he can only play in a Back 3 at this level - caught out far too often. Brereton-Diaz's head has gone. Buckley is Buckley. 

Suggesting our players are all improving under JDT just doesn't make sense to me based on what I'm seeing and our current downwards trajectory. Not to mention that, as a team, we were doing much better in terms of points and GD at this point last season. I get wanting to give JDT the benefit of the doubt, but we've been terrible to watch for almost the entire season and at some point I feel like we have to face the reality that his style is simply not working with these players. It's truly amazing we have the amount of points we have, and credit to JDT for managing that despite consistantly bad performances, but reality is biting now and I'm not in the mood to close my eyes and pretend it isn't happening after witnessing us predictably struggle against the bottom side at home.

JDT may be a great manager elsewhere, but it won't be here. For the record it is not all his fault, the issue is not JDT - the owners and those they employ have always and will always be the biggest problem at this club by any metric. Until we're rid of them arguing about Tomasson, Waggott, Broughton or any of the players is pointless. They are all just a symptom, not the ultimate cause of our problems. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, DE. said:

After 12 years of this we have to accept, at some point, that changing managers is just shuffling deckchairs on the titanic. Until Venky's go this will never get any better.

Spot on. The decline & lack of ambition is down to the owners. Not the coaches. JDT even admits he is the coach and has no say. He has to keep appearances in interviews so not to get sacked but it's clear the titanic is still sinking after all these venkys years

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, neophox said:

According to Alan Nixon we tried for Cardiffs  Mark Harris whos out of contract but failed with the bid... we want him in the summer on a free.

Yep, Cardiff wanted £700k. Desperation stuff on the final day of the window after we'd missed out on all our other targets. 

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope this game illustrates to jdt that vale should`nt be anywhere near the first team squad,i have never seen such an insipid,weedy centre forward in my whole football watching life.he makes gally seem like billy whitehurst,the lad should be giving it everything,in reality he`s giving it nothing

Gallagher looks like he's a different species to Vale. I mean he still can't trap a ball, or anticipate a pass, but bloody hell he's 15 times the athlete Vale is. 

• Like 2

JDT has every right to be annoyed.. he needs more support, his team are pinching above thier weight in terms of results and league positions but the football is shocking.. probably worse than Mowbray..

I always said he needs 3-4 transfer windows to get his team in place.. 1.5 down.. 2.5 to go.. so far he has not been supported and has every right to be annoyed.

In tonight's game I thought once we took off Sorba we took away any chance of winning the goal.. our team is toothless and having to rely on Vale and Galagher says it all.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So basically you just literally want an absolute tosser in the starting XI for... reasons?

'Absolute tosser' are your words!

For God's sake, look at some of the 'great' teams - Leeds, Reaney, Hunter, Charlton, Giles, Bremer - Forest, Burns, Lloyd, - Liverpool, Smith, Souness - Arsenal, Adams, Keown, Viera, Storey, - Chelsea, Harris, Osgood - Man U, Keane, Scholes.  All players with talent but who knew how to look after themselves, their team and the opposition!

Has the penny dropped?   

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

JDT has every right to be annoyed.. he needs more support, his team are pinching above thier weight in terms of results and league positions but the football is shocking.. probably worse than Mowbray..

I always said he needs 3-4 transfer windows to get his team in place.. 1.5 down.. 2.5 to go.. so far he has not been supported and has every right to be annoyed.

In tonight's game I thought once we took off Sorba we took away any chance of winning the goal.. our team is toothless and having to rely on Vale and Galagher says it all.

i think sorba was pretty shattered in all fairness,think we`ve got ourselves a player,he was excellent

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Lollareal... But in fairness he can speak the language, in the perfect climate and get better service from better team mates. I think he'll be a success. 

Its all well and good to talk about service but you have to be doing better than his attempt at 4 minutes if you want to play in a T1 league. He hasn't got the best support crew but in that moment it was just him and the keeper.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think sorba was pretty shattered in all fairness,think we`ve got ourselves a player,he was excellent

Much improved second half.

Hope he's not done his left hammy - saw him clutching several times.

2 minutes ago, 1874 said:

It's not the players, it's the system. 2 man midfield will never work with the midfielders we've got. It actually makes them look worse than they are

And what was the problem the season before, and the season before that, and before that?

Not all the players are terrible, I'd say it's the bad eggs that are making the others stink.

Brereton having his mind elsewhere isn't helping.

After the awful transfer window and incompetence we showed last week I was honestly ambivalent towards the draw tonight. Of course I wanted to win but not doing so doesn't hurt as much as usual. In other words the stuffing was knocked out of me by Broughton and his chums. I was thinking that tonight would have been ideal for a Lewis O'Brien, a box to box forceful midfielder but thanks to their ineptitude he isn't our player. I don't like singling players out for criticism but Brereton was shocking tonight. He really did roll back the years. It's another huge error not trying to shift him out. He was coasting tonight, clearly trying to avoid injury. One incident had me raging in the second half when he hadn't the bollocks to go in for a challenge and ending up cowardly kicking a Wigan player and was rightly booked. We are stuck with him now. Pears was fine but I was puzzled as to how many times he kicked it long compared to Kaminski. Was he told to or did he do it off his own volition (I'm not complaining by the way).

The only real positive was a clean sheet.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

Its all well and good to talk about service but you have to be doing better than his attempt at 4 minutes if you want to play in a T1 league. He hasn't got the best support crew but in that moment it was just him and the keeper.

Yeah his confidence and motivation is shot, he'd have probably missed the penalty we should have got last minute too... 

He a darn sight better than Jack Fail and Sham Gallagher though it wouldn't hurt to try Leonard and Dolan up front next time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, booth said:

And what was the problem the season before, and the season before that, and before that?

Not all the players are terrible, I'd say it's the bad eggs that are making the others stink.

Brereton having his mind elsewhere isn't helping.

Mowbray

Just now, 1874 said:

Mowbray

He certainly played his part, and his ghost is still haunting the club with the poor squad he left us with.

However the one constant is Venkys and their ever increasing entourage of clowns running the club.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

'Absolute tosser' are your words!

For God's sake, look at some of the 'great' teams - Leeds, Reaney, Hunter, Charlton, Giles, Bremer - Forest, Burns, Lloyd, - Liverpool, Smith, Souness - Arsenal, Adams, Keown, Viera, Storey, - Chelsea, Harris, Osgood - Man U, Keane, Scholes.  All players with talent but who knew how to look after themselves, their team and the opposition!

Has the penny dropped?   

How do any of them relate to McLean?