BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (h) - 18/2/23

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Really, based on what?

He doesn't have a single redeeming quality in my eyes. To say he's decent at this level is probably as much of an exaggeration as saying he's the worst player ever to play for the Club.

I'd argue that up to last 18 months, he probably was around champ standard. 

The last 18 months he's been absolutely useless... at any level. 

• Like 1

Last twenty minutes have been objectively good football and really effective pressing specifically.

Swansea have not been prepped for the gear shift in this half and if it’s been intentional by JDT, that’s great coaching.

Not perfect, but really encouraging stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Really, based on what?

He doesn't have a single redeeming quality in my eyes. To say he's decent at this level is probably as much of an exaggeration as saying he's the worst player ever to play for the Club.

It’s really not. I’m not his biggest fan but I take exception to unwarranted vitriol and boring, repetitive posts about how awful he is. No world beater but far from the worst striker we’ve had in the last ten years, never mind the whole Venkys era. I agree that he’s by no means a top 6 striker and we paid over the odds for him but we could be worse off. Imagine we had Hirst, Vale and no Gallagher.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It’s a complete waste of time bringing in Giles and Thomas to Rovers because as you point out, we have no bugger to get on the end of anything. It’s been that way since Graham left.

They should have got a striker in first as you say theres no point in bringing in a good crosser of the ball when we have noone to get on the end of them

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

One of the most overpriced strikers we've ever had is a fair debate for him to be entered into. You've still got your Kevin Davies, Ashley Wards, Nathan Blakes and Ciccio Grabbis to compete with though, but they had to play at Premiership level so the comparison wouldn't be quite fair.

To offer some mitigation, we’ve not paid £5m for SG.

Initial fee was £2.5m-£3m, rest being add ons and performance related, much similar to BBD.

• Like 1

Just now, Andy said:

Initial fee was £2.5m-£3m, rest being add ons and performance related, much similar to BBD.

Can’t have paid much in performance add ons. 

• Like 3

Just now, Andy said:

We don't actually know the payment arrangements or actual final fee of any player we sign. You're quoting something you've heard or has been reported, there's nothing from official channels. The fact there's a 500k area of uncertainty on the initial fee shows whoever has heard it doesn't actually know.

Personally I think clubs should have to put all transfer fee breakdowns into the public domain. I hate this 'undisclosed' nonsense, stakeholders deserve to know.

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Tony’s team going great guns. It’s galling to see Mowbray doing well and I wouldn’t want him back but there’s no doubt we’re a worse outfit this season. Tomasson isn’t an upgrade 

Well we're still seeing our forwards miss chances and a shit midfield if that's what you mean.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Can’t have paid much in performance add ons. 

Those are usually based on numbers of appearances and goals, not whether fans think he's 'one of the worst ever'. Over 100 appearances and over 20 league goals...he has probably triggered some or most, if that was indeed how the deal was structured. There might be something based on the club's performance though (making the playoffs, getting promoted) and those won't have been touched.

Edited by bluebruce

10 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

It’s really not. I’m not his biggest fan but I take exception to unwarranted vitriol and boring, repetitive posts about how awful he is. No world beater but far from the worst striker we’ve had in the last ten years, never mind the whole Venkys era. I agree that he’s by no means a top 6 striker and we paid over the odds for him but we could be worse off. Imagine we had Hirst, Vale and no Gallagher.  

Far from? Haaaa haaaaa

3 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

When was the last time we scored from a corner?

Probably the Mulgrew days, and half the time he had to put those in the net directly from the corner...

(Nah not really, I remember Wharton heading one or two in...did he have one earlier this season, I wanna say in the cup against Hartlepool?)

• Like 1