BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

48 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Exactly.

This past couple of years all of thos piss poor bullshit excuses have been shown up for what they are.

"We can't expect decent attendance figures"

So why can Preston, Bolton and Burnley?

"We can't compete because of parachute payments"

Millwall, Forest, Luton.

"But but but, FFP"

You mean just like every other club in the division?

All nothing other than total bollocks.

Stop making excuses for these people who have destroyed this club.

Absolutely.

Even Sky Sports are showing up the bullshit for what it is.

"There's nothing special about Blackburn Rovers" (Fielder)

"Nobody wants to watch us in the Championship" (Some Rovers fans)

"We're punching above our weight in this Division" (Some Rovers fans)

"We're lucky Venky's are still hanging around, otherwise we could be like Bolton or even worse, Bury" (Some Rovers fans)

Sky showing us 20 times this season, miles more than most of the others in this League, says otherwise. Why are they showing us? Maybe it's because we aren't the tinpot, "woe is us", small outfit that the tossers at the club have been trying to condition us into believing for the last 12 years? Maybe it's because Blackburn Rovers still carries some weight?

We've had Sky pundits call out the bullshit of Gally playing wide right, they've questioned where our urgency has been in certain games, they've questioned the tippy tappy football when we've needed to look for a winner in recent games, they've even questioned the "adding player value" spiel.

Sky can see through the bullshit and are showing it up for what it is, so why are some of our fans lapping up the PR spin and sob story bullshit from dickheads like Waggott?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

How do you explain Bolton and Preston hugely out selling us then.

I don't know the figures, or the prices,or what constitutes "hugely".

The club is in the doldrums, it's suffering from having virtually a generation of "fans" who only got on board because of the obvious. The same people compare the club now to how it was in the 90's, I hear it from customers all the time,using the same old excuse of Venkys for not attending.

I've no proof, but from the outside it looks like Blackpool suffer from the same, as do many others. That's why our support is poor, and it's the job of Waggott and Co to reignite some passion into the club and get people believing again, but the poor turnouts over the last few weeks, despite a play off chance and discounted tickets, shows how difficult the job in hand is. 

It was a tenner against Reading, yet the turnout was pathetic, yet the usual excuses were rolled out, on Sky, night match and the rest. If it was all about pricing, it should have been heaving. 

In short, you could give season tickets away and it still wouldn't be full, that sums up the job in hand. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M_B said:

The club is in the doldrums, it's suffering from having virtually a generation of "fans" who only got on board because of the obvious. The same people compare the club now to how it was in the 90's, I hear it from customers all the time,using the same old excuse of Venkys for not attending.

I've no proof, but from the outside it looks like Blackpool suffer from the same, as do many others. That's why our support is poor, and it's the job of Waggott and Co to reignite some passion into the club and get people believing again, but the poor turnouts over the last few weeks, despite a play off chance and discounted tickets, shows how difficult the job in hand is. 

It was a tenner against Reading, yet the turnout was pathetic, yet the usual excuses were rolled out, on Sky, night match and the rest. If it was all about pricing, it should have been heaving. 

In short, you could give season tickets away and it still wouldn't be full, that sums up the job in hand. 

Guess what. We aren't fucking Blackpool!

• Like 1

Of course it wouldn’t be full if we reduced prices, who said it should be? We’ve 31,000 seats, it was rarely full as a top PL side. Ridiculous arguments these M_B.

And yes Reading was a stupid game to pick, a red button night game in  the middle of March with the opposition fetching around 300. Anybody with any sense at Ewood would’ve chosen the Easter match or last home game of the season. 

But there is one reason and one reason only that PNE sold 12k+ last summer (up from lower sales than us the year before) and we limped to 9k. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

I saw that Bolton have already sold 15000 which is similar to last season despite them not knowing which league they will be in. I think Preston had around 12000 without checking. It's down largely to price. If you check their message boards that will be reiterated. We simply don't know if we would get to them numbers because we just haven't tried. Swag is lazy in my view, he doesn't have any imagination and shows little inclination to increase season ticket sales. He met his financial target for this season and was almost boastful about it which sums him up. 

We are on course for our best placed finish for years and progressed really well in both cups. We have some exciting young players coming through and a manager who is the best we have had for some time. Far from being in the doldrums we are moving in the right direction on the field. It's off the field where the club is incredibly poor.

Your last sentence is nonsense and reads like you are exonerating Waggott using an expression like 'sums up the job in hand'.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's why our support is poor, and it's the job of Waggott and Co to reignite some passion into the club and get people believing again, but the poor turnouts over the last few weeks, despite a play off chance and discounted tickets, shows how difficult the job in hand is. 

They've all been on TV. It's no wonder people didn't turn out. And considering we'd blown it repeatedly over the last couple of months, the 16k home fans for the last game at home to Luton was decent. 

Reduce ST prices to Bolton/PNE levels (£250-£300), and we'd increase ST sales by a decent %.

It's all about price. It's that simple and always has been. 

• Like 3

Luton and Norwich were excellent turnouts considering we only have 9k STs.  7k-ish buying a ticket for the game, top stuff.

Scary the lack of understanding some have. But good useful idiots for Swag. 

Edited by Mattyblue

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I saw that Bolton have already sold 15000 which is similar to last season despite them not knowing which league they will be in. I think Preston had around 12000 without checking. It's down largely to price. If you check their message boards that will be reiterated. We simply don't know if we would get to them numbers because we just haven't tried. Swag is lazy in my view, he doesn't have any imagination and shows little inclination to increase season ticket sales. He met his financial target for this season and was almost boastful about it which sums him up. 

We are on course for our best placed finish for years and progressed really well in both cups. We have some exciting young players coming through and a manager who is the best we have had for some time. Far from being in the doldrums we are moving in the right direction on the field. It's off the field where the club is incredibly poor.

Your last sentence is nonsense and reads like you are exonerating Waggott using an expression like 'sums up the job in hand'.

I'm not exonerating anybody,  that lazy argument is always thrown out the minute anybody has  any kind of conversation regarding ticket sales. 

As I said, the tickets were reduced and the attendances were up, but not significantly. The correlation between the two isn't evident. 

I've enjoyed this season, and had no hesitation in renewing,it was never in question and never is. But it isn't me they're trying to convince. 

The sales were up significantly. Literally more than double the usual amount of walk ons (and Luton and Norwich were only slightly reduced anyway, £25 to £20 in the BBEnd, Reading was a crap timed offer).

You are miles off here.

Edited by Mattyblue

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'm not exonerating anybody,  that lazy argument is always thrown out the minute anybody has  any kind of conversation regarding ticket sales. 

As I said, the tickets were reduced and the attendances were up, but not significantly. The correlation between the two isn't evident. 

I've enjoyed this season, and had no hesitation in renewing,it was never in question and never is. But it isn't me they're trying to convince. 

Of course it's lazy. How much market research is done, speaking to lapsed season ticket holders, advertising etc. The early bird offer must have taken a few minutes to think up after the previous two seasons had almost identical prices. There is no interaction with the fan base to simply see what they need to get the numbers up. Several thousand walk ons in the last few games tells me that the support is there. We just need somebody to drive the club properly and understand the supporters needs. And Waggott just isn't that person.

• Like 3

I agree, if we could add to that every week it would be a good start. But the Reading, Coventry, Hull and even Burnley gates were poor. 

The pricing is always going to be subjective, I think it's an absolute bargain, but let's have a discussion, rather than being accused of being a Waggott supporter the second someone points out the difficulty of the situation. 

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Don't think Preston or Bolton sold that many season tickets last season, Bolton sold 12.070 according to facebook 

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bwfc.co.uk%2Fnews%2F2022%2Fapril%2Fearly-bird-season-tickets-thank-you-so-much%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2RLY5y9drCnXnWGRiVh4M8_kZ5Z-yzfkfiyIBaXSJ9D2n-bwlx3T8aq_c&h=AT29cGNtbI3NL34m8Sqd9NPXWpcK8WEXacewLQ06PflLUCVuER8YWoydHOR_Q3zy3rUmeyQlU-gJMjq-8RIxIlyGcO1wE1j0DAILiP7hrd3whrUX1XLK-wDZt0Dzu0wUyw&__tn__=H-R&c[0]=AT1LuV0x-PZsJOxxnmEx7Gyiec6P-9X_BzfaGP4SXaxG_aEndszpjLZysHBdR8s27WjyLS7DMQECg4zqsM2_ZHI30_RDXuh93bM7sJXwnhd1F3fk6TZcBe29WfhrXfzOIwEYBdDrh_eq7csxESbOR-ii81d5VtEgMChaaXgVJ3lsQ5ooeso

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

I agree, if we could add to that every week it would be a good start. But the Reading, Coventry, Hull and even Burnley gates were poor. 

The pricing is always going to be subjective, I think it's an absolute bargain, but let's have a discussion, rather than being accused of being a Waggott supporter the second someone points out the difficulty of the situation. 

I agree it’s subjective, but what leads you to thinking the price is a bargain?

Edited by wilsdenrover

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

Night matches, all on Sky. Not difficult M_B, but still substantially bigger than night games in the first part of the season.

Our STs are double Bolton’s, £100 more minimum than PNE, ‘absolute bargain’, they ain’t.

Edited by Mattyblue