BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2023-24 - what could/should be offered ?

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-membership-prices-2023-8451701

Hull City, cheaper memberships from 21-22 season, resulted in 40% increase in average attendances

Thanks, that's more like it, the rest of your post was drivel.

I'm not and have never indicated in any way that I support the price of Rovers season tickets, quite the contrary.

It seemed like lots of effort had been put in to show that we could gain by reducing prices and I was looking for the evidence.

You don't seem to have any idea what constitutes evidence.

Edited by JohnD

4 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Thanks, that's more like it, the rest of your post was drivel.

I'm not and have never indicated in any way that I support the price of Rovers season tickets, quite the contrary.

It seemed like lots of effort had been put in to show that we could gain by reducing prices and I was looking for the evidence.

You don't seem to have any idea what constitutes evidence.

You were supplied with 'evidence', twice, in Preston and Bolton.

Your response was 'they're better supported'. Where's your 'evidence' for that? The fact they have more season ticket holders? No shit, that's the whole fucking point.

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh I see, you are being purposely obtuse now. Think you know what I mean by ‘active case studies at local clubs’ considering the extra bums on seats at two grounds to our west and south, but however you get your kicks, John.

With respect, and you don't deserve it, they are nothing like case studies.

Good examples though, along with the Hull City one.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yet Blackburn Rovers are better supported than both PNE and Bolton, which blows this daft argument out of the water, again…..

I saw you run for cover when 6000 tickets went at £33 a pop for Sheff Utd away Matty, 😉

So if we are better supported than those two it stands to reason that we’d have a bounce in crowds that would blow those two out the water if we reduced them to a sensible level - another reason to do it then!

Sorry don’t get the last paragraph? Why wouldn’t an away end for a cup QF sell out?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

You were supplied with 'evidence', twice, in Preston and Bolton.

Your response was 'they're better supported'. Where's your 'evidence' for that? The fact they have more season ticket holders? No shit, that's the whole fucking point.

Those are examples, not evidence.

Average gates show both clubs are better supported. We need evidence, if it exists, that price is the real reason. My only question is how we can get that evidence.

5 minutes ago, JohnD said:

A ‘case study’ was my shorthand for actual examples of reduced prices increasing gates at comparable local clubs… but you knew that.

Well I think I do deserve it, just like you do John, that’s why we have a civilised forum here compared to most.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Average gates show both clubs are better supported. We need evidence, if it exists, that price is the real reason. My only question is how we can get that evidence.

Evidence please (as you seem to like asking it of everyone else) of Bolton and PNE being better supported prior to these big price reductions… anyone might think there’s a connection here.

Oh and I won’t disregard your evidence like you are with everyone else when you are provided with plenty.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the the thread, but along with lower pricing, it would be good if they offered a free season ticket for next season if the club gets promoted.

Don't get promoted - and we have the benefit of increased season ticket sales this season.

Get promoted - and we're not overly fussed as the TV money would dwarf the cost of giving a few tickets away.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this done locally before. Maybe by Burnley even?

23 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A ‘case study’ was my shorthand for actual examples of reduced prices increasing gates at comparable local clubs… but you knew that.

Well I think I do deserve it, just like you do John, that’s why we have a civilised forum here compared to most.

Thanks, I withdraw my comment.

I'm not a wum or being obtuse.

The prices are ludricous, especially when all other prices are escalating in a generally impoverished area.

I repeat, why can't we, as a group, come up with an entirely convincing case and put it to the Rovers board?

If it's a good case but ignored we should put it to the owners. I know what we generally think of the board and the owners but it's a multi million pound business and someone there should be interested and care.

If not perhaps the press would be interested and help shame the board and/or owners.

Anything is better than going over the same stuff day after day? 

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Of course there isn't as of today's era, but in 2009 we reduced prices by £100 and sold 4k+ more.

I'm sure the counter argument will be "but that was premier league", but reducing the prices by £100 led to season ticket sales being higher than anything since the summer of 1995.

We'd finished 15th in 2008/09

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/4510423.blackburn-rovers-verge-breaking-season-tickets-sales-record/

I'll quote myself.

The evidence we have is that last time we cut ST prices our attendances increased to the best they had been since we were Champions of England. And this was on the back of an average season at the time.

Therefore 14 years ago, cutting ST costs at Ewood led to a significant increase. In the current era cutting costs at our Lancashire neighbours has also led to a significant increase.  🤷‍♂️

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned in the the thread, but along with lower pricing, it would be good if they offered a free season ticket for next season if the club gets promoted.

Don't get promoted - and we have the benefit of increased season ticket sales this season.

Get promoted - and we're not overly fussed as the TV money would dwarf the cost of giving a few tickets away.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this done locally before. Maybe by Burnley even?

Why don't they just make every game free for all Rovers supporters...

17 minutes ago, Doogs said:

Why don't they just make every game free for all Rovers supporters...

That isn’t as daft a suggestion as it may sound, I made the same suggestion a few seasons back. The problem is then trying to charge for them again further down the line, that is the challenge.

Pump £10m into player transfers, market ‘We’re all in this together’ and free season tickets for the Premiership push, one season only. 

Get the town and Bburn public behind it……If only Carlsberg did…… 

1 minute ago, Gav said:

That isn’t as daft a suggestion as it may sound, I made the same suggestion a few seasons back. The problem is then trying to charge for them again further down the line, that is the challenge.

Pump £10m into player transfers, market ‘We’re all in this together’ and free season tickets for the Premiership push, one season only. 

Get the town and Bburn public behind it……If only Carlsberg did…… 

I guess the biggest issue would be around FFP and the drop in income having to be bridged elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, JohnD said:

That has to be the worst post in this thread.

Do you fancy taking part in a game, @tomphil?

I'll pose you a question. All you need to do is select an answer from the options provided. Good luck:

According to popular opinion amongst parts of the Rovers fanbase, Blackburn Rovers has what kind of fans?

Is it:

a) Loyal fans

b) Many fans

c) Long suffering fans

d) Shit fans

The prize for picking the right answer is, that some of the posts on this thread will start to make sense.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Do you fancy taking part in a game, @tomphil?

I'll pose you a question. All you need to do is select an answer from the options provided. Good luck:

According to popular opinion amongst parts of the Rovers fanbase, Blackburn Rovers has what kind of fans?

Is it:

a) Loyal fans

b) Many fans

c) Long suffering fans

d) Shit fans

The prize for picking the right answer is, that some of the posts on this thread will start to make sense.

I hope he picks all 4 options, as that sums up our fan base over the years and every other fan base across the globe.

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I guess the biggest issue would be around FFP and the drop in income having to be bridged elsewhere. 

The biggest problem would be that there wouldn't be anyone to take up the free tickets, given that they're all staying away because of the Venkys 😁

Edited by M_B

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

What's with this case studies phrase you keep using? Have you just learnt this phrase a couple of days ago and you want to shoehorn it into your dialogue to make feel clever or something?

You say you don't agree with the price but then dispute that lowering the price will lead to more sales, despite numerous examples of exactly that. So what's the game here, are you trolling or are you just genuinely confused?

I maintain that anything below 12000 should be considered as failure. Maggot is a lazy twat, we know that 8000 will buy no matter what so he only has to sell 4000 but he can't even be bothered to do that. The sooner he is gone the better.

• Like 1

Amateur hour strikes again…

The below tweet is from four hours ago - the link includes the following lines

Time is ticking for fans who are renewing from 2022-23 to secure their usual seat, with supporters needing to do so by the end of this week (Friday 26th May).

Phase two sees prices frozen at last year’s standard pricing, as detailed below, until Friday May 26th.

24 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Amateur hour strikes again…

The below tweet is from four hours ago - the link includes the following lines

Time is ticking for fans who are renewing from 2022-23 to secure their usual seat, with supporters needing to do so by the end of this week (Friday 26th May).

Phase two sees prices frozen at last year’s standard pricing, as detailed below, until Friday May 26th.

Regarding yesrterdays email drop,

I did catch up with Waggott who stated.

"Its very poor and I have raised it with the head of marketing Fraser Read, it negates all the hard work behind the scenes"