BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Leicester City (a) - 28/02/23 (FA Cup 5th Round)

Fantastic performance, fantastic result and the highlight of the season. That is why I can never fathom anyone seeing the cups as an unwanted obligation!

The last 2 performances (last night in particular) seem to have come from nowhere but not only is it effective but entertaining too. The front 4 were all over a naive Leicester side, all 4 missed far too many chances with poor finishing but their energy and enthusiasm made so many chances in the first place that we managed to put 2 away. Szmodics missed as many as anyone but he was excellent as was Dolan and both deserved a goal.

Travis has been revitalised in midfield, Morton was our poorest starter but Travis was everywhere. Pickering slotted in well and is one of 3 very competent full backs we have and I really hope that Rankin Costello just had cramp as again he was tremendous. I would be wary of moving him as his driving forward into the middle is a really useful weapon in our armoury. Hyam again outstanding and Carter has slotted in very nicely as well. Pears again reliable in net, Vale truly hopeless and lacking fight when he came on.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

What a difference a month makes.

To rearrange David Coleman’s quote, JDT has changed from “an idiot to a hero” and is apparently being looked at by Feyenoord. 
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/03/01/blackburn-boss-could-replace-a-manager-leeds-want-to-hire-this-summer/

Players out the door are now first choice picks, fringe players are now in the heart of the team, and our captain who was written off and slagged off, is MOM and earning  rave reviews. 

It’s a funny old game. Luck, momentum and belief can make all the difference.  

Glad we all have the patience and wisdom to see the longer term picture. 🤔

Would that we could say the same about our owners.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

He got criticism playing at full back - which he isn't.  Agree he's playing very well at the moment with Hyam. It's a good partnership

Criticism is normal when a player isn't doing the business but he was one in the early part of the season a few were saying let go and use his wage for something else.

The reviews he had at Pompey showed he had something about him they thought of him similar to how we thought of Van Hecke. Just needed time to readjust and at least be given chance to see if he could step up a league, hopefully his progress continues although like any younger player he'll have his rough patches.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reginald said:

It was a great night, but let's not get carried away 😃 I wonder how many of those that are now grudgingly on the JDT train after a few good performances will be jumping off again as soon as we inevitably lose a few?

It would be nice if fans generally could accept that this is actually a project, through which we are gradually improving, and just be happy about it. But I suspect many will be too fickle for that.

Ive accepted his statements, I think these were JDTs words, lets not get carried away. But the way this team are playing at the moment they seem to get better each game some of them. And I have watched Rovers lose on many occasion, every team hits a bad patch injuries etc.

2 hours ago, Reginald said:

It was a great night, but let's not get carried away 😃 I wonder how many of those that are now grudgingly on the JDT train after a few good performances will be jumping off again as soon as we inevitably lose a few?

It would be nice if fans generally could accept that this is actually a project, through which we are gradually improving, and just be happy about it. But I suspect many will be too fickle for that.

This isn't something I recognise, who are these fans "Grudgingly on the JDT train" and "Fickle"? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Plenty on here, plenty at Ewood.

On here doesn't count as we all know...

But I'm interested you claim people aren't with the manager at Ewood, I've never heard anyone calling for his head or jumping of his bandwagon, home or away?

People have been critical of his tippy tappy playing out from the back, but thats about it.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

On here doesn't count as we all know...

But I'm interested you claim people aren't with the manager at Ewood, I've never heard anyone slagging him off, either at home or away.

Bloody hell you’re joking! He was getting dogs abuse around me against Swansea. Pals in different areas/stands have all said the same. And I bet plenty on here have seen it at Ewood too. Was building ever since the Dingle debacle.

’Football’s shit’, ‘going nowhere with this guy’, ‘should have kept Mowbray’.

A goal from them would have seen the crowd turn big time.

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Bloody hell you’re joking! He was getting dogs abuse around me against Swansea. Pals in different areas/stands have all said the same. And I bet plenty on here have seen it at Ewood too. Was building ever since the Dingle debacle.

’Football’s shit’, ‘going nowhere with this guy’, ‘should have kept Mowbray’.

A goal from them would have seen the crowd turn big time.

Not heard any of that, where do you sit, I'll avoid your section.

25 minutes ago, superniko said:

It did surprise me I can only remember 1 rendition of "JDTs blue and white army" last night. 

That would have been on loop for managers in the past.

One thing I’ll say - JDTs blue and white army flows much less than Tomasson’s blue and white army. I lost that battle in summer sadly. 

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

What a difference a month makes.

To rearrange David Coleman’s quote, JDT has changed from “an idiot to a hero” and is apparently being looked at by Feyenoord. 
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/03/01/blackburn-boss-could-replace-a-manager-leeds-want-to-hire-this-summer/

Players out the door are now first choice picks, fringe players are now in the heart of the team, and our captain who was written off and slagged off, is MOM and earning  rave reviews. 

It’s a funny old game. Luck, momentum and belief can make all the difference.  

Glad we all have the patience and wisdom to see the longer term picture. 🤔

Vultures circling.  Feyenord would be a pointless job. He would get far more credit by taking rovers up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

BBEnd NO1, and I might start to do that myself, getting to a JWU stage of life, I think…

I hear you Matty - Miserable bastards in NO1 - I sat there for over a decade 🤣

1 hour ago, superniko said:

It did surprise me I can only remember 1 rendition of "JDTs blue and white army" last night. 

That would have been on loop for managers in the past.

Yeah what is going on with that, I'm surprised too - used to do me head in how quickly we'd adopt it before a manager really earned it.  Appleton joins and within 10mins we're all singing it...

Used to laugh about Sven joining us that "Sven Goran Erikkson's Blue and White Army" was too many syllables. Paul Ince's was too little, but he didn't earn it, so nowt lost there. 

I think us fans are just numb and unwilling to commit after years of TM, Stockholm Syndrome if you will. Maybe it was the Coyle debacle that killed it off. 

Would love to smash out "JDT's blue and white army" in full force at Wembley.

-----

Edit: just thinking about it, that chant seemed to really stick when Tony Parkes had that caretaker spell, it felt proper, it was his army.

Edited by Groundhog

A video made by a young Leicester fan. 

Shame you can’t hear too much of what he’s saying but there’s there’s a lot of good pitch side coverage of the game and the fans. Well worth watching.

• Like 8