BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke City (a) - 10/3/23

2 minutes ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

it's just sad. we live near Colne. I've a lad at 13 who is keen. I bring him and his united and Liverpool (and Burnley!) supporting mates to most home games. the momentum builds. I'm converting them...then this. Groan.

I gather I'm quite petty, but I simply won't discuss football with glory hunters - the amount of Liverpool / Man U fans in my extended friendship group that can count on one hand the amount of times they've been to Anfield / Old Trafford and live somewhere in Lancashire is beyond belief. 

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Fuck off Gallagher, stunk the place out as usual then loses the ball for the 3rd. But hey, we allegedly win more points with him in the side than not so it's all OK.

Normal service has been resumed. As we seem to be able to rise to the occasion in the Cups however I'll settle for an FA Cup win.

Good luck with that Simon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The past few weeks have obviously been an aberration

The facts and records would state the opposite - this is the first defeat in 12.

But tonight has been shite either way and it's about getting over it as quickly as we can and back to the form we've been showing over a number of weeks.

• Like 3

Just now, Andy said:

The facts and records would state the opposite - this is the first defeat in 12.

But tonight has been shite either way and it's about getting over it as quickly as we can and back to the form we've been showing over a number of weeks.

Whilst we were unbeaten for a while let's not pretend that doesn't include some shocking performances against some dross sides. Our run-in is almost entirely against teams in and around us and this is not the kind of statement result we needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

How many performances like this away from home is this now? Yes, the players aren't great bit major question marks that JDT still can't find another solution.

I was no fan of TM bit we rarely got pasted this badly (bar the odd one). This has been what... the 5th or 6th time this season? 

Yes we got another mauling on the road...in that way...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Disagree. Stoke are a patched side and playing a team on a good run. We are playing (another) manager who knew exactly how to beat us.

A lot of gametime for our starting eleven lately. Haven't rotated much. Still should do better, but think we could need a break. Sam clean through early doors and it's a different game though..

• Like 1

I see a few lining up to discredit our recent good form 🤷‍♂️

It's been a shit night but you can't take away the fact we've been excellent for the past four of five games.

Brereton with a consolation goal. Too late sadly.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This performance is as bad as Burnley, Reading, Coventry, Rotherham and a few others

Awful, and embarrassing

The past few weeks have obviously been an aberration

The 11 unbeaten run was an aberration, but tonight's game is a true reflection of the team?

We've been shit tonight, but a little perspective purlease!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Brittan showing why he should have come on at half 

My one big criticism of JDT is that he simply doesn't use his subs well enough.

When we're on top he only brings them on for people running on fumes. Tonight he needed to take Dolan and JRC off at half time. JRC came off on 85 minutes when the damage was done. 

He was bringing Morton on regardless of Buckley's injury - I don't understand why.