BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FAC Q/F v Sheffield United (a) - 19/3/23, 12pm K/O

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s called “ football intelligence “. Gally hasn’t got any. He’s just a manufactured footballer, big lad and all that.

If Bryan Douglas was turning up at Ewood as a young lad now, he would be turned away as being too small. 

I'm over my anger now.  I still don't feel any pride about losing a game we had in the bag in the last 10 minutes.  We were playing Sheffield united not Manchester united.  I feel badly let down by the manager and some of the players.  We will probably never have a better chance of being in an fa cup semi final.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I'm over my anger now.  I still don't feel any pride about losing a game we had in the bag in the last 10 minutes.  We were playing Sheffield united not Manchester united.  I feel badly let down by the manager and some of the players.  We will probably never have a better chance of being in an fa cup semi final.  

Agreed. It was a very creditable performance for 80 mins but the bottom line is we were winning with ten minutes to go, the manager chucked in the white towel with his substitutions and we didn't even make it to extra time.

So I think it's going somewhat overboard to say how superb we were, superb would have been holding on and winning 3-2.

We can show we've learned from this by making the play offs and performing well in the play off games however.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Final one from me as I work my way through the recording - loved JDT’s reaction to Szmodics goal. Didn’t see that for 5 years. 
The bloke wants success. 

i hope venkys give him some serious money to spend in the summer,i think this year has come to soon for promotion,give him the funds for 3 players in the summer and we`ll go up,honestly think we are nearly ready to challenge we`re just a few players short

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, J*B said:

We’ve no way of working out whether they’re rovers fans, well meaning Sheff Utd fans or trolls. 

Even if they're 'well meaning' Sheffield United fans, it'll just come across as smug and condescending in light of the refereeing travesty we've just experienced.

Better safe than sorry, I say. 

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Even if they're 'well meaning' Sheffield United fans, it'll just come across as smug and condescending in light of the refereeing travesty we've just experienced.

Better safe than sorry, I say. 

See above - welcome Nic, great to have you as a returning member to this Rovers community. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope venkys give him some serious money to spend in the summer,i think this year has come to soon for promotion,give him the funds for 3 players in the summer and we`ll go up,honestly think we are nearly ready to challenge we`re just a few players short

If we had an actual striker we'd be pushing for automatic promotion this year - of course we'd then need an entire new team in the Premier League, but that's by the by. 

Sod O'Brien, our inability to bring in a proper striker on loan in January will ultimately be our downfall this season. 

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In August I saw us well and truly walloped at Bramhall Lane when we were lucky to get nil and only concede three. If anybody wants a yardstick as to how much we have improved compare that to today's performance with essentially the same players. The dust has now settled on today and I'm feeling optimistic about my club, more so than I have for a long time.

Yeah, me too. I’m probably one of the sternest critics on here but todays performance plus one or two of the  recent ones lead me to believe we may have turned a corner. We can actually manage to play for 80 minutes now. Under the previous management we rarely got more than 45 minutes.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In August I saw us well and truly walloped at Bramhall Lane when we were lucky to get nil and only concede three. If anybody wants a yardstick as to how much we have improved compare that to today's performance with essentially the same players. The dust has now settled on today and I'm feeling optimistic about my club, more so than I have for a long time.

The most exciting thing is that we only started one (MASSIVELY OVERRATED) loanee today. Admittedly Brereton-Diaz is probably walking for free in the summer, but that's such a good base to build from. 

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, Gamst said:

We were brilliant today and it just wasn’t to be. The referee let an awful lot go today especially fouls against our boys. A very odd refereeing performance. It was also surprising to see only 4 mins added time in a half where there was 3 goals and a minute long drinks break. Was a bit heartbreaking watching my 5 yr old son sobbing loudly after their third goal, but I’ve treated him to a new kit and he is now laughing at how many goals Haaland will score against them!! We have dodged a bullet really…I’d rather not play at Wembley than spend hundreds of quid to watch us lose 6 nil! 

Your last sentence sums up the feelings in our house. Even if we had won, when the dust settled, we would have only been going to Wembley for a semi final..not a final... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Thing is if they do, and we don't go up, we'll end up lamenting it as we're sanctioned for breaking 'profit & sustainability' if that's what they're still calling it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gamst said:

We were brilliant today and it just wasn’t to be. The referee let an awful lot go today especially fouls against our boys. A very odd refereeing performance. It was also surprising to see only 4 mins added time in a half where there was 3 goals and a minute long drinks break. Was a bit heartbreaking watching my 5 yr old son sobbing loudly after their third goal, but I’ve treated him to a new kit and he is now laughing at how many goals Haaland will score against them!! We have dodged a bullet really…I’d rather not play at Wembley than spend hundreds of quid to watch us lose 6 nil! 

Could be a blessing in disguise. I really dislike Sheff Utd and it hurt like hell today, but it will soften the blow if they get thrashed by City in the next round. Dreaming of facing them again in the playoff final.

• Like 1