BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

I give up, life’s too short.

I guess my point was the cost of travel, ticket cost, food and drink cost, plus comfort and a few other reasons like the behaviour of people of coaches/trains makes more sense to drive to away games than go by coach or train. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess my point was the cost of travel, ticket cost, food and drink cost, plus comfort and a few other reasons like the behaviour of people of coaches/trains makes more sense to drive to away games than go by coach or train. 

Chaddy stop digging.

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A big proportion of people see an away game as an opportunity to make a day of it, have a few drinks with their mates etc. So even if they can drive, a % would not see that as an alternative. You mean YOU prefer to drive to games.

Given its my account on BRFCS and I posting my view on the overall cost of the day and which transport option I think is best for me. Plus not everyone want to drink alcohol or can drink alcohol for various reasons at Football. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have still spectacularly missed the point in my email. That was that it will cost you more like £50 or more just to use your car to goo to Birmingham and back, not £25-30. Any food and drink would be on top of that.

It wasn't that I think you should take the coach or train, that's up to you, but you were greatly underestimating how much taking the car costs. With a 9 year old car you might also have had to pay the fee to enter central Birmingham as well.

4 minutes ago, only2garners said:

You have still spectacularly missed the point in my email. That was that it will cost you more like £50 or more just to use your car to goo to Birmingham and back, not £25-30. Any food and drink would be on top of that.

It wasn't that I think you should take the coach or train, that's up to you, but you were greatly underestimating how much taking the car costs. With a 9 year old car you might also have had to pay the fee to enter central Birmingham as well.

No it would only cost me around £25-30 to go there and back in fuel. that its. £50 pounds to do 240 miles round trip? is that what it would cost yourself if you did it

I wouldn't have to pay Birmingham clean air charge as I wouldn't be entering the zone to get to the stadium.  

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Nah, he’ll just hold up his MOT certificate to the cameras and they’ll waive the fee.

instead of posting such nonsense Matty why not research the route and you don't enter the clean air zone to reach the stadium. After Garners's post I look into what he posted about the clean air zone charge and found out I wouldn't pay it

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No it would only cost me around £25-30 to go there and back in fuel. that its. £50 pounds to do 240 miles round trip? is that what it would cost yourself if you did it

I wouldn't have to pay Birmingham clean air charge as I wouldn't be entering the zone to get to the stadium.  

The AA reckon the current cost per mile of driving a car is 47p. Now, if your car is 9 years old I’m assuming there isn’t too much depreciation involved so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and reckoned on more l8ke 25p a mile. For a 240 mile journey that’s £60. You’re right in that fuel would be half that but you’re still incurring something like another £30 in other costs. Not on the day but overall you are.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The AA reckon the current cost per mile of driving a car is 47p. Now, if your car is 9 years old I’m assuming there isn’t too much depreciation involved so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and reckoned on more l8ke 25p a mile. For a 240 mile journey that’s £60. You’re right in that fuel would be half that but you’re still incurring something like another £30 in other costs. Not on the day but overall you are.

I do 200 miles a week in travel to work in Preston and back 5 days a week. Its costs me around £25 a week. So it's would be no where near £60 mark. The AA thing is wide of the mark

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I do 200 miles a week in travel to work in Preston and back 5 days a week. Its costs me around £25 a week. So it's would be no where near £60 mark. The AA thing is wide of the mark

It doesn't cost you £25/week.

I live in your town and I work in Walton le Dale. I drive a Hyundai i10 to work, and that costs me about a tank and a bit (minimum £50) per week.

So unless you're driving something even smaller and getting fuel for less than £1/litre, you're paying more than £25/week in fuel.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

It doesn't cost you £25/week.

I live in your town and I work in Walton le Dale. I drive a Hyundai i10 to work, and that costs me about a tank and a bit (minimum £50) per week.

So unless you're driving something even smaller and getting fuel for less than £1/litre, you're paying more than £25/week in fuel.

Mike it does cost £25 a week. If it costing you 50 pounds to travel to Preston in that car I suggested getting something more better fuel economy better. 

I am happy to DM my car report which will show you that I am spending 25 pounds a week on Diesel 

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mike it does cost £25 a week. If it costing you 50 pounds to travel to Preston in that car I suggested getting something more better fuel economy better. 

I am happy to DM my car report which will show you that I am spending 25 pounds a week on Diesel 

FFS, Chaddy; Let It Go!!!

Life's too short!!!

• Like 2

Has this turned into the HonestJohn website ?

My motor is a 1.6 diesel SUV and easily does 45 mpg around town and 60/70 mpg on the motorway without a lead foot.

You can shove your electric scalextric cars where the sun doesn't shine !

• Like 2