BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23423406.blackburn-rovers-tomasson-gives-ben-brereton-diaz-injury-update/

Will be a huge blow if Brereton misses out. Could do with Dack on the bench.

Pears is going to start too according to Tomasson.

Tomasson has made the right decision by sticking with Pears. 

If there is any Doubt on BBD's fitness then don't play him.. .

Dack wouldn't feature in this game. Build him slowly and ready for Bench role against Norwich 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have never seen how this is a problem.

It isn’t, of course. 

Fanbases are made up of all kinds of fans, some can commit to pretty much every single away game, some will just go to local/‘big’ aways. Some will always buy a ST, some will walk on when they are free. 

Pretty basic stuff, but you know, there’s re-tweets and Likes to chase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

First one's about 12 and the next one puts a capital letter at the end of his name, stopped reading after that!

A load of teenagers and the predictable middle aged sunshine clown at the end.

At least half of our following at Sheffield took advantage of subsidised transport but that seems lost on these lot. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A load of teenagers and the predictable middle aged sunshine clown at the end.

At least half of our following at Sheffield took advantage of subsidised transport but that seems lost on these lot. 

Plus I’m potentially going to Huddersfield and Preston this month. Is it a big surprise I also don’t want to go to Birmingham?

• Like 2

1.5k+ is a more than respectable following this weekend, I’ve been at Brum on a Saturday with 500 there. Obviously the Sheff United game was always going to be a big turn-out because of the magnitude of the game, it’s just common sense.

Edited by Butty
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

1.5k+ is a more than respectable following this weekend, I’ve been at Brum on a Saturday with 500 there. Obviously the Sheff United game was always going to be a big turn-out because of the magnitude of the game, it’s just common sense.

Iv'e been at Brum in the Prem more than once with 5/600 hundred and seen them up here with not many more.

Funnily enough we've not done too bad for followings down there in the Championship 1 to 1.5k being pretty standard depending on form.   That's decent for us for midlands games where most will have gone down from the North rather than London games where we get a lot from the South.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Tomasson has made the right decision by sticking with Pears. 

If there is any Doubt on BBD's fitness then don't play him.. .

Dack wouldn't feature in this game. Build him slowly and ready for Bench role against Norwich 

Yeah Dolan is far away at his best on the left. Play him there and rest BBD and we haven't lost that much imo.

• Like 6

We won’t sell out. I rang the ticket office yesterday as I needed to get one more ticket. Couldn’t get it next to the others I’ve got but the person I spoke to said there would be plenty of space for us to get seats together. Think one entire block is still pretty much empty

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e been at Brum in the Prem more than once with 5/600 hundred and seen them up here with not many more.

Funnily enough we've not done too bad for followings down there in the Championship 1 to 1.5k being pretty standard depending on form.   That's decent for us for midlands games where most will have gone down from the North rather than London games where we get a lot from the South.

Yeah I was thinking the other day our away followings these days are better than they were during the mid 2000s in the prem. I remember being at a 1-1 draw away at Man City where Kalinic scored, I reckon there was about 200 rovers fans there. I also remember games like a Sunday away trip to Bolton, a Jason roberts solo goal to win it late on I think there would have only been 700/800 of us there. 

For whatever reason our away following is a lot better these days, maybe we were just to comfy as a mid table prem side, if only we knew what was going to come. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Yeah I was thinking the other day our away followings these days are better than they were during the mid 2000s in the prem. I remember being at a 1-1 draw away at Man City where Kalinic scored, I reckon there was about 200 rovers fans there. I also remember games like a Sunday away trip to Bolton, a Jason roberts solo goal to win it late on I think there would have only been 700/800 of us there. 

For whatever reason our away following is a lot better these days, maybe we were just to comfy as a mid table prem side, if only we knew what was going to come. 

Yes i remember both, the City one was a rearranged game i think in the middle of a bit of a fixture glut. We'd sold 450 tickets beforehand, probably not many more there on the night.

Bolton it all went a bit silly with them with ticket price shenanigans and live tv we always seemed to be there on Sunday lunch. Think it was the same season they had 900 hundred at Ewood, just great examples of prices and SKY ruining derby games even back then.

End of the day we have and always have had a limited hardcore fanbase and people have always picked and chose. Very hard for us or that lot down the road to maintain consistent big followings outside of being successful when more casual fans tag along.

Some of our fans especially the young ones just don't get this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I was at the Bolton one. We had the bottom right of the lower tier, I think around 1,800. Certainly alot more than 7/800.

8 hours ago, Ricky said:

We won’t sell out. I rang the ticket office yesterday as I needed to get one more ticket. Couldn’t get it next to the others I’ve got but the person I spoke to said there would be plenty of space for us to get seats together. Think one entire block is still pretty much empty

Re-cancel promotion!

Another test of JDT's tactical nous here. Maintain the belief, confidence and momentum from the last 2 games (ok, I know we lost against the SteelCityThugs Cricket team) and we should be capable of getting a result. 

I'd like to see Sammie Szmodics keeping up his form, and it would be great if we could nick a win. But who knows?

We often see a reverse in fixtures like this (although wouldn't it be nice for once to run riot like we did a t Sheff Weds in 2020!)

Some hope of that, eh...

Big Club 1 Rovers 1 Sensible Socks

Big Club 2 Rovers 0 Return of the Doomsaying dickhead

Big Club 0 Rovers 5 JDT's Big Club Slaying Army!

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

Yes i remember both, the City one was a rearranged game i think in the middle of a bit of a fixture glut. We'd sold 450 tickets beforehand, probably not many more there on the night.

Bolton it all went a bit silly with them with ticket price shenanigans and live tv we always seemed to be there on Sunday lunch. Think it was the same season they had 900 hundred at Ewood, just great examples of prices and SKY ruining derby games even back then.

End of the day we have and always have had a limited hardcore fanbase and people have always picked and chose. Very hard for us or that lot down the road to maintain consistent big followings outside of being successful when more casual fans tag along.

Some of our fans especially the young ones just don't get this.

The city game was a Saturday 3PM, would have been 500 there at an absolute maximum, I doubt even that. 

Agree with everything else you’ve said mate, spot on. 

• Like 2

"We had Bez [Brereton Diaz] come off after 51 minutes and had an extremely long journey back," Tomasson reported to RoversTV in his pre-match press conference ahead of the journey to St Andrew's.

Ben Brereton Sunderland.jpg

“He’s a player who is a bit doubtful, but we’d love to have Ben involved because he’s a player who has scored three goals in our last three games.

“He had a bit of a sore hamstring a month or so ago and the travelling and training can be tough.

“It’s not as if he travelled to Denmark or to Holland, which only takes an hour, it’s longer than that. We’ll see how we go with Ben.

“You’d rather have everyone available at this stage of the season but we have [John] Buckley out, Jack [Vale] is still out as well.

“[Daniel] Ayala is on grass but there’s a couple of weeks still to go. [Sam] Barnes is slowly back out there and training with the group and Dack has been out as well.

“He played an internal game for 30 minutes the other day and is a bit rusty, he needs a bit more match fitness."

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/march/30/jdt-offers-pre-birmingham-team-news-update/