BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 1/4/23

Ayala will probably be put out to grass in the summer. Fine player but I don’t think we need him in the squad now.  Shame about Brereton - he’s been coming back into form recently and I’d prefer him over Dolan. I’m feeling optimistic about tomorrow - usually a bad sign

• Like 2

Absolutely nothing to fear here.

Think Brum have only 13 points from their last 13 games.

Very confident Rovers will have more more enough to win this by a couple of goals.  Games like this simply HAVE to be won at this stage of the season.

Think Rovers' win at 2/1 is great value - get on them and get that Easter nest egg built.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Very confident Rovers will have more more enough to win this by a couple of goals.  Games like this simply HAVE to be won at this stage of the season.

Think Rovers' win at 2/1 is great value - get on them and get that Easter nest egg built.

We've got 9 points from our last 10 away games. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

birmingham are the best side iv`e seen at ewood this season,hopefully they don`t put a shift in like they did then

Quite right SGG. Their performances have been very good. Their league position is a little false I think. Rovers must go at them all guns blazing as if they were Sheff Utd.

• Like 3

Can anyone recommend a safe car park? Have previously got the train to bordesley but they don’t seem to be running. Thanks 

edit: I see trains are now on, but interested to know if anyone knows of any good parking anyhow 

Edited by SamTheShrew
  • Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 16:42, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd stay clear of St Andrews - it's about a 30 minute walk from the town centre, less if you decide to drink in Digbeth

It would all depend on what you are looking for. The issue with Brum is that it is spread out.

Broad Street is where you will find your Walkabout, Wetherspoons etc. It is also quite close to Brindley Place, where you'll find the Brasshouse, Malt House, Slug and Lettuce, All Bar One, Pitcher and Piano - them kind of venues. The Malt House is good to drink at when it's a sunny day as there's a nice bar overlooking the Venice of England's entry into the Gas Basin

If you are coming out of New Street you'll be close to the Shakespear, Post Office, Bacchus Bar (bit of a quiet one that but quite interesting inside)

Snow Hill side of Brum you'll have the Old Contemptibles and Good Intent - you are also close to Colmore Row, which has its cocktail bars and restaurants, and the Old Joint Stock pub which is a nice pub to visit. The building is brilliant

The Wellington on Bennetts Hill is a nice pub too. Got a beer garden between the buildings that's always a nice spot to drink at

If you decide to head straight into Digbeth and be closer to the ground then the best option is The Old Crown. Unsure what it is like on match day. There's also the Anchor and the Spotted Dog just outside of Drietend side of Digbeth

These look like great options for a pub meet up tomorrow. I'll set up a WhatsApp group in the morning chaps and add those who've sent me their number. Look forward to a meet up and a beer before the game to get us ready for the match. Should be a great game! 

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

Ya, double up with Awaal in the Lincoln and could be a cracking day...👍

Pears

JRC.   Carter.  Hyam.  Pickering

Sorba  Travis.  Morton.  Dolan

Szmodics  Gally

Subs - Kaminski, Brittain, Wharton, Garrett, A.Wharton, Hedges, Brereton

fwiw, I think we’ve been playing a 442 or 4411  since the World Cup break. There’s little nuance tactical plays we execute in game, like JRC or Pickering tucking inside Trav or Morton to create a midfield overload. 

I like the simplicity of it all. No qualms at all with Dolan for Brereton. He rarely lets us down, works tirelessly and contributes goals and assists. Also think he and Szmodics have some chemistry with those super fast give and go’s.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mercer said:

That's the problem though isn't it. Rovers never win games like this when we need to and should win. This is why for the past 10 or so years we've struggled. 

Let's see if Tommasson has changed our mentality and we keep pushing forward until the end of the season

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Pears

JRC.   Carter.  Hyam.  Pickering

Sorba  Travis.  Morton.  Dolan

Szmodics  Gally

Subs - Kaminski, Brittain, Wharton, Garrett, A.Wharton, Hedges, Brereton

fwiw, I think we’ve been playing a 442 or 4411  since the World Cup break. There’s little nuance tactical plays we execute in game, like JRC or Pickering tucking inside Trav or Morton to create a midfield overload. 

I like the simplicity of it all. No qualms at all with Dolan for Brereton. He rarely lets us down, works tirelessly and contributes goals and assists. Also think he and Szmodics have some chemistry with those super fast give and go’s.

I think we look disjointed when Brereton plays these days. 

• Like 2