BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

I thought Carter was pretty good, not sure why hes getting criticised?

Team for me

Pears 

Brittain.   Carter.   Hyam.  Pickering

Travis.   A Wharton

JRC.         Szmodics.    Dolan.

BBD

With Thomas out playing JRC at RW seems a better shout than Hedges or Dolan there. Gallagher and Morton also have to be dropped 

• Like 4

We are still in a playoff position with a game in hand over quite a few.

This really is must win and so are Hull and Coventry, our final 4 games are much more difficult.

Lose 2 out of the next 3 and that might be it for us.

I stayed with today's game but knew it was done as soon as Norwich scored and with the walking football we were playing and the sheer lack of spunk.

Do the same against Warnock and he'll chew their balls for a celebratory breakfast.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His performance was better than BBD today. 

BBD was shattered after about 10 mins today. 

if we had another striker and Thomas then I would replace BBD and Gallagher but we don't

That's like saying getting hit by an oil tanker is better than getting hit by a jumbo jet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Backing Hudds to win this would be a ‘license to print money’ as our main man Merce would say. Nothing has ever been more certain than Warnock turning us over here.

Sadly, I have to agree, I just can’t see us getting anything but well beaten 🙈

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I thought Carter was pretty good, not sure why hes getting criticised?

Team for me

Pears 

Brittain.   Carter.   Hyam.  Pickering

Travis.   A Wharton

JRC.         Szmodics.    Dolan.

BBD

With Thomas out playing JRC at RW seems a better shout than Hedges or Dolan there. Gallagher and Morton also have to be dropped 

I like that. Would love to see that 11 start on Monday. 
Brereton was poor again today, but we don’t really have any other options up there 

More than capable of a win here but sadly players and coach have lost their way now and just like last season it's going to take some getting back. Hudds have hit a bit of form and when the most inconsistent side in the league turns up bereft of ideas only one outcome.

Alongside factoring in SKY and another sold out away end.

Hudds   3     Rovers   0

Not saying he shouldn't start, but assuming Adam Wharton is going to carry on against Hudders where he left off against a Norwich side already 2 up definitely won't happen. 

Only Tomasson's stubbornness will prevent Wharton starting over Morton, but starting Monday's game will be a world away from yesterday. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

2-0 Huddersfield.

Most comfortable game they will have all season, we will manage our first shot in the 85th minute.

Was just about to say exactly the same thing. 

Warnock will have our number 100%. 2 - 0 Hudds is a pretty good shout.

————-———Kaminski 

Brittain —— Carter — Hyam —— Pickering

——————Trav——-Wharton 

Dolan—-——Szmodics——-Hedges

———————BBD

I don’t really mind if Wharton or Carter start alongside Hyam at centre back, or if it’s Garrett in midfield alongside Trav.

Brittain needs to start at right back.

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Not saying he shouldn't start, but assuming Adam Wharton is going to carry on against Hudders where he left off against a Norwich side already 2 up definitely won't happen. 

Only Tomasson's stubbornness will prevent Wharton starting over Morton, but starting Monday's game will be a world away from yesterday. 

Adam's cameo yesterday was one of the very few positives from an awful team performance. Hopefully he has now served his penance and gets on with becoming a top professional for Rovers.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Only caveat being we’ve often looked like the wheels are about to come off and we’ve suddenly turned it round, unlike TM death cycles. So you never know.

Yeah, if we'd won yesterday I would be more worried about Monday, but since we lost I actually feel like our chances in Huddersfield have increased. Bizarre but that's the way we have been this season.

• Backroom

Hudds have only won 7 out of 20 home games, but we've only won 6 out of 20 away games... so ultimately two poor teams scrapping it out for the points. Think it could go either way, but after yesterday's abject surrender I'm expecting us to finish outside of the top six regardless now. I just don't think we have enough in attack to get us over the line. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His performance was better than BBD today. 

BBD was shattered after about 10 mins today. 

if we had another striker and Thomas then I would replace BBD and Gallagher but we don't

Gally was shit, he quite willingly accepts being second at anything. If a professional footballer is shattered so early in a game, there is something wrong with him and he shouldn't be on the pitch. Why didn't Thomas start, as he is not allowed to play on Monday ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DE. said:

Hudds have only won 7 out of 20 home games, but we've only won 6 out of 20 away games... so ultimately two poor teams scrapping it out for the points. Think it could go either way, but after yesterday's abject surrender I'm expecting us to finish outside of the top six regardless now. I just don't think we have enough in attack to get us over the line. 

Sadly, and I imagine like most seasoned campaigners, I expect us to deliver another no show tomorrow. Strangely, the only hope that I carry is that Huddersfield have won three on the trot and four on the bounce is a rarity and against the odds. However, one has to wonder whether they could have picked a better opposition to beat the odds, Rovers usually oblige.

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

Gally was shit, he quite willingly accepts being second at anything. If a professional footballer is shattered so early in a game, there is something wrong with him and he shouldn't be on the pitch. Why didn't Thomas start, as he is not allowed to play on Monday ? 

Thomas not playing was a massive mistake, he has provided some width and much needed pace since arrival. Hedges was woeful and I hate having a left footer, with no right foot stuck to the right wing, makes it so easy for a full back knowing that they cannot be taken on the outside 😡

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Sadly, and I imagine like most seasoned campaigners, I expect us to deliver another no show tomorrow. Strangely, the only hope that I carry is that Huddersfield have won three on the trot and four on the bounce is a rarity and against the odds. However, one has to wonder whether they could have picked a better opposition to beat the odds, Rovers usually oblige.

Well yeah, it's Monday we need to turn up on?