BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Huddersfield (a) 10/4/23 @ 12.30pm

2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

5 mins is a total joke. This referee has been abysmal.

Ref is a tanked up twat. Complete homer. How does he give them more free kicks than us when we had 80% possession. 

4th official.... ah yes. Another twat. How on earth did he come up with only 5 added minutes. The only thing that kept Huddersfield in that game was obscene amounts of time wasting. It should have been 10. 

We were actually very good. All game. Pears needs to be dropped. I think he's the biggest reason we've not come away with 3 points.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

How does he blow the whistle bang on 95 minutes when there's been a goal in injury time?

Let alone the fact that 5 minutes was way too short in the first place. 

Its a championship ref. Agree, they need educating.

• Like 1

Huddersfield are awful and we couldn't win despite giving it all especially 2nd half, concede 2 bad goals and you"ll not win many.

Well done for giving it a go and on another day young Leonard scores a couple.

Morton did ok today.

JRC, super hero.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

3 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

5 mins is a total joke. This referee has been abysmal.

Yeah I had it around 10 mins, and I'm not usually that fussed about extra time. How could it be 5 mins. 

Fantastic performance in the middle third. Not good enough in the back and final third. The abiding impression is we have to work so hard and play so well to get goals but the opposition doesn't need to do much to get theirs. The sort of ultra attacking setup we are going for it does leave us very open. Carter and Hyam aren't the quickest, and to effectively leave them as the only players back for the entire game is incredibly risky. Luckily Huddersfield didn't have real pace, I worry when we do play it. Still without really looking that threatening we gave away two easy goals. 

Overall I admire JDTs tactical ambition and look forward to see what he can do with a few new players. I'd say if this is the way we're going to play we need a proper fox in the box striker, but also someone who is an absolute physical colossus in midfield to cover huge amounts of ground on their own. Also quicker centrebacks seem a necessity. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yes, similar to Blackpool away (against a similarly shite team). 
Have to say Morton’s best game for a while.

Amazed it was only 5 added on then blown bang on 5 too. 

Don’t think we should be starting Diaz anymore - I’d have JRC and Thomas on the wings next week. JRC easy MOTM - created everything for us. 

Honestly it's almost like Morton is shamed into putting in a performance. He looks at Wharton bossing the midfield (rather than all-action Travis [who can't really pass]) and he thinks "bloody hell, if any of the Liverpool scouts are watching this I'm in trouble".

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Ref blew spot on 5.

Should have been about 7.

2nd half was good but there are 2 halves and we fucked it up in the first.

Sharpe just said "Must say, he's got every right to be annoyed. It was Good Friday when Koroma started to go off, and Easter Monday by the time he did"

• Like 3

JRC absolutely fantastic, play him in midfield. BBD shocking, Szmodics had 3 or 4 good chances and didn’t find the net. A point most of us didn’t expect before the match and especially at HT but we needed a win, can’t see us finishing in top sixth. We are not a lucky club / team ☹️

• Like 1

Rovers should have got all 3 points today. We dominated the ball and played some quality football creating some good opportunities. 21 shots in the game with 11 on target. 

Thought JRC was our best player by a mile second half. Leonard played well and wish he had scored. Wharton was very good in midfield and I think formation really worked and allowed us to keep the ball and movement was much better than previous 2 games. 

Disappointed by how we conceded the 2 goals but the players kept fighting and gave a good overall performance even tho I think we should have all 3 points this afternoon. Now time to sit back and watch the other games now. 

The ref was clueless and I don't know how the weren't at least 8 minutes adding on time. 5 minutes was awful 

• Like 4

Superb performance second half and unlucky not to get the win, just got to hope that is the catalyst for a winning end to the season.

If we continue to play like that we can still get top 6 as long as we can convert in front of goal. Yes, it's a big if but surely someone can step up.