BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich (h) - Good Friday - 7/4/23, 3pm k/o

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

you can guarantee zero changes at HT. 

Unfortunately I think you’re right. 
I’d have Wharton on for Morton and Thomas or Dolan for Hedges (although Brereton has been worse, he is at least capable of something out the blue)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Too true..JDT doesn’t make proactive changes….only when he’s trying to protect a lead …( Sheff Utd in cup ) …I know he has limited personnel but his plan A is questionable ( Morton ) his plan B is ????
I really want him to succeed but…when we’ve gone behind in 14 games and drawn 1 …Plan B ?? …don’t think he has one ..will be his undoing …

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Depressingly you’re completely right. Need Morton, Hedges and Gallagher off.  BBD has been completely ineffective on the left so I’ve put Dolan there and move him into the centre with Thomas on the right. Would love Wharton on, but it’s not happening is it. Fucking Tyler Morton. Pissing me off see his name on the team sheet every week 🤬

Really need something different in the attack. Hedges was able to find space on the right but did little with it. Szmodics hasn’t touched the ball in the attacking half, Diaz playing like Brereton, Gallagher playing the same as always (shite). 

Thomas could provide sone pace but whos he going to play the ball to?  Hard pressed to see us scoring the rest of this season yet alone the second half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0verb0y said:

If we win, we win and we push on.

At the end of the day, JDT never promised us we'd get promoted in his first season; it's "a three or four windows' problem".

As I've said a few times this season, looking back at Rovers' history, this season reminds me of the mid-1950s when the arrival of a new manager raised hopes that we could get back to Division One straightaway. It took us four seasons, the Premier but we stayed there till the polio epidemic gave us a rotten start to our final season.

Nowadays, I reckon that if we won promotion, we'd be like most promoted teams these days and keep shuttling between the Premier League and the Championship till we found our feet in the Premier League.

Obviously I want us to be as high as possible - I'm as "Rovers till I die" as the next man - but it won’t be the end of the world if we don't win today or win promotion at the end of the season.

That's bollocks.  If that's the attitude we may as well have stuck with Mowbray.  If we win we win? Tell that to the thousands of paying customers. Of course jdt never promised play offs. But you take it when you can. No manager can promise play offs. Aim for the stars.....as the saying goes 

• Like 4

That first half was fucking atrocious and you can talk about lack of standards in the team but it extends to the stands. Bloke next to me just turned to his mate and said “we weren’t that bad”. It’s like they’re watching a different game.

So so far off it, with chief culprits being Morton and Hedges for me.

If they can’t get up for this there’s no hope. Need a total rebuild of the core of this team. Utterly unacceptable performance given the circumstance of the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Well that was utterly shit. Why is Sorba suddenly dropped? Hedges isn't the same player.

And why is Morton playing again?

Why am I still watching Sam Gallagher plod around? 😩

Sorbs has been shit too lately. His abilities to get balls in the box only help if we have a center forward who could get on the end of anything. 

Just now, roverandout said:

Other results going our way so far. We need to take advantage ffs and we're nearly there

Other results may do but letting Norwich close this gap will probably be enough for us to drop out by the end of the season. A draw is the absolute minimum we need from this game.

• Like 1