BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

1 hour ago, pick32 said:

My prediction in January was Wharton goes to the Euros then ends up at Madrid for 80million, so I was pretty close, anyone no if we have a sell on? 

I have read that it is 15% but I am not certain to be honest.

If we do have a sell on clause, it is only relevant to the owners as thats where the money will go.

It wasnt a situation whereby the fee was impossible to turn down but it could help to benefit the club. None was reinvested.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paullarrygher said:

Southgate on Wharton: “He has settled in really confidently with the ball. I like the fact he likes to play forward as quickly as he can.

"He sees pictures when he receives [the ball], and we have been short of these types of players for seven or eight years, if I am honest. At times, that has had an effect on the way we have been able to play.”

That £18m was £32m short of what it should have been.

Sounds like he could well be heading to the Euros.  Hope he does and he is sensational.

• Like 6

The boy is a Rolls Royce and there will be a few hundred thousand proud Lancastrians watching on tonight, if he makes his debut.

And if he gets enough time on the pitch, I think he'll show GS why he needs to include him in the Euros squad.

• Like 3

• Backroom

Bellingham not playing tonight, so soon after the CL final.

Would love to see Wharton supplying Foden, Grealish, and Kane 😄

• Like 1

Id be surprised if he does make it as Alexander Arnold and Gallagher start in midfield and Rice and Mainoo will probably play on Friday so he is well down the pecking order.

I suppose if there are 7 players to cut, youd imagine Trafford and Quansah are the obvious 2 so it might depend on injuries and squad spaces but there is also Jones too.

• Like 1

Don't get the love in with Grealish. Had a poor season at City, struggles to play at pace, constantly slows attacks down before invariably going sideways and seems more intent on winning fouls rather than beating a man and getting crosses in.

Not seeing how he can make any difference at the euros or any international tournament for that matter. 

However, that skinny kid from Wilpshire....

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is there a Grealish love in?

Yep.

Do you never hear the 'super Jack' chants when he is on the bench when we're struggling? Generally before he invariably does the square root of sod all when he gets the last half hour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy said:

The boy is a Rolls Royce and there will be a few hundred thousand proud Lancastrians watching on tonight, if he makes his debut.

And if he gets enough time on the pitch, I think he'll show GS why he needs to include him in the Euros squad.

Wouldn’t it be great to see the Wilpshire Pirlo in an England shirt. Personally I would still rather be seeing him in a Rovers shirt but hope he goes and lights up the euros and then dedicates a match winning performance to Blackburn Rovers and JDT, who gave him his chance. Under Mowbray, he would still be rattling around in the Academy 🙈

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

He’ll be the best player in that team for years to come. It actually makes me angry we basically gave him away. 

Makes me soddin’ angry as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Don't get the love in with Grealish. Had a poor season at City, struggles to play at pace, constantly slows attacks down before invariably going sideways and seems more intent on winning fouls rather than beating a man and getting crosses in.

Not seeing how he can make any difference at the euros or any international tournament for that matter. 

However, that skinny kid from Wilpshire....

Spot on assessment re Grealish. I actually think he's regressed since joining city. He was a better player whilst at Villa. 

• Like 2