BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

9 hours ago, philipl said:

Rovers will end up getting close to 40m for Adam when the 15% profit on sale kicks in. Unlike us, Palace will handle the sale properly.

Yes I am saying he will go for 100m.

How do you work that out? 22m + (78m x 0.15) = 33.7m

i.e. nowhere near enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Adam is doing the England press conference live on SSN at 2.15.

Adam acquitted himself really well although he was understandably nervous. One pillock picked up on the fact that Adams dad, John described Adam as a loner and asked him if he actually was. Adam seemed quite uneasy with the question which really put him on the spot. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Adam acquitted himself really well although he was understandably nervous. One pillock picked up on the fact that Adams dad, John described Adam as a loner and asked him if he actually was. Adam seemed quite uneasy with the question which really put him on the spot. 

That was Rob Dorset who's a bit of a wally. He claimed Wharton was a defensive midfielder 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 5

Learnt recently that Keira Walsh, now of Barcelona and England women, was at Rovers as a youth player. I don’t know how long for but it’s some credit to Rovers men and women teams for developing two midfield passing maestros in Walsh and Wharton. Unfortunately, both left for bigger clubs very soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Learnt recently that Keira Walsh, now of Barcelona and England women, was at Rovers as a youth player. I don’t know how long for but it’s some credit to Rovers men and women teams for developing two midfield passing maestros in Walsh and Wharton. Unfortunately, both left for bigger clubs very soon.

Keira Walsh, Ella Toone and Georgia Stanway all played for Rovers women 😀

Edited by Polky
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

BBC Six O’Clock News are doing a piece this evening on the ‘meteoric rise of Adam Wharton’… 

‘Nowt wrong with the price’.

Good to hear a Blackburn accent on BBC news. '....a dream cum tru...'

• Like 1

Watched the interview, lad comes across well.

It's clear to see JDT has had a huge impact on how Wharton sees the game and I think an ex top level pro has shown him what it takes to reach the very top. 

My fear with some of our local lads in years gone by is that they've not pushed themselves and reached their possible potential (e.g. Dunn).

By far the most excited I've been for the Euro's for a long time. One of our own, representing us, fantastic.

• Like 7

• Backroom

Really unfair question to put him on the spot but he handled it really well 

I’d say he’s much more relatable than super confident players, he seems a bit unsure and just lets his football do the talking 

A club with a small time, feeder club mentality throughout… contrast it to the years running up to BRFC being sold when this club existed to be the very best it could be, currently being documented on the Nostalgia Thread.

• Like 7

Great in depth piece in the Times yesterday on Adam. He is capturing the media attention in a positive way. They see him as different and someone special. JDT not so much. 

“Even last season had ups and downs. Jon Dahl Thomasson, the Blackburn head coach and an initial champion of Wharton, developed doubts about his work off the ball and froze him out for four months. It was the stick, rather than the carrot, and not an approach that necessarily works with a highly intelligent footballer who keenly analyses the game and prefers explanations.”

Clown of the first order. 

34 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Great in depth piece in the Times yesterday on Adam. He is capturing the media attention in a positive way. They see him as different and someone special. JDT not so much. 

“Even last season had ups and downs. Jon Dahl Thomasson, the Blackburn head coach and an initial champion of Wharton, developed doubts about his work off the ball and froze him out for four months. It was the stick, rather than the carrot, and not an approach that necessarily works with a highly intelligent footballer who keenly analyses the game and prefers explanations.”

I agreed with JDT here, Wharton was lazy off the ball. Any doesn't seem to have been too bad for the guy

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

If Mowbray was still in charge, Adam would still be kicking his heels with the juniors. A special player and one of our own but he owes JDT a hell of a lot.

• Like 3

I'm desperately seeking any comfort I can from Adam Wharton not being here and the only thing I can slightly grasp is that our academy is rightfully getting some attention.

Had Wharton made the England squad this time next year, Rovers would have been conveniently forgotten and his rise would have purely been attached to Palace.

That's all I've got ... I'm off to sulk!

On 12/06/2024 at 18:03, Mattyblue said:

BBC Six O’Clock News are doing a piece this evening on the ‘meteoric rise of Adam Wharton’… 

‘Nowt wrong with the price’.

Because of the higher sell on percentage, if Wharton's stock keeps rising, it's now looking highly likely we'll end up with more than Brum received for Bellingham.