BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Wharton

17 hours ago, matt83 said:

I think part of the problem is he’s made himself part of the furniture and he’s got the I’ll do whatever I want Mowbray esque bulletproof swagger. If England managers had a genuine belief they’re only a couple of games from the sack it’d cut out a lot of “tactical” nonsense and they’d be better for it.

In France 98 Tunisia sacked Henryk Kasperczak mid tournament after losing to us and his replacement took over for their final game vs Romania. I’ve not given up hope Southgate won’t be allowed to waste another chance of silverware. 

If England have any intention of winning anything they should fire him now and get someone decent in straight away.

As I have said previously, he is not good enough for the England national team. England can and should do better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And by Venky's, Steve Waggott and Gregg Broughton virtually giving him away for £18m.

I don't think the latter two had much choice when the taps were turned off last year. It was sell our prized asset or default on payments to creditors. 

Ultimately the blame lies with the owners, but Waggott is absolutely horrendous at his job too - just look at the sponsors and the declining season ticket sales if nothing else.

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 2

I am.just hoping the media interest in Adam is being orchestrated so there is no surprise when he is picked.

Either 1m or 2m kerchang for Rovers depending on who you believe if he does play in an England competitive game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philipl said:

I am.just hoping the media interest in Adam is being orchestrated so there is no surprise when he is picked.

Either 1m or 2m kerchang for Rovers depending on who you believe if he does play in an England competitive game.

And into the Venkys Black Hole 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Don't matter if it's 1m or 50m .. it ain't been used to improve 

• Like 7

Now that we are through to the knock-out stages whatever happens against Slovenia, I wonder if Adam will get his chance? Maybe as a sub?

At some point Southgate needs to see how the lad handles it. I think I know but I'm sure he doesn't!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Now that we are through to the knock-out stages whatever happens against Slovenia, I wonder if Adam will get his chance? Maybe as a sub?

At some point Southgate needs to see how the lad handles it. I think I know but I'm sure he doesn't!

In true Southgate style I bet it'll be Trent on for Gallagher in the second half at some point with Kobbie and Adam left twiddling their thumbs on the bench.

• Like 1

On 22/06/2024 at 14:01, RevidgeBlue said:

And by Venky's, Steve Waggott and Gregg Broughton virtually giving him away for £18m.

They'll definitely get the £22 million. Because of the better sell on percentage than Birmingham negotiated, it's now  almost certain that Rovers will receive more for Wharton than Bellingham, but apparently they did well.

Edited by M_B

I don't think Wharton is getting any game time at this tournament unless there's a major midfield injury crisis.

So far, TAA, Gallagher and Mainoo have all been preferred ahead of him to play alongside Rice. Now we're in the knockout stages, there'll be no 'risk-taking' by trying someone with 30 minutes of international experience in a friendly. If Southgate had any intention of playing him, he would have got on the pitch against Slovenia when the stakes were lowest.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I was thinking exactly the same but what sticks in my craw is the fact Southgate said Adam has something England haven't seen for eight years with his forward passing. And that is one of the areas where England have been really struggling so why not give him a go. Adam will be better for the experience but I just don't understand why Southgate has showed no confidence in him.

100% and I assume he's referring to Carrick from 8 years ago, who was so often shunned to fit in Gerrard and Lampard. We'll never learn though, how Bellingham played 90 minutes last night is beyond me, I'd be ashamed of his last two performances if he was Rovers level let alone on the biggest stage.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

How the feck have Leeds pulled that deal off....people running the club with Brains maybe?

Smart negotiators knowing they had a product somebody was desperate to sign. Palace knew our desperation for money because of the owners misfeasance and court case then simply used that to their advantage. They played Waggott, Pasha, Broughton and the Punekars like a fiddle.

• Like 6