BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

Loss of form at the wrong time. The team doesn't seem to be have been playing badly of late but no one of any quality to take the chances up top. 

Them 4 dropped points in the last seconds of the last 2 games make this loss a killer. 

No way Is Brereton anything above championship standard. Should have sold him for £5m early in the summer. 

• Backroom

18 goals in 19 games tells you all you need to know. 7 games without a win at the business end of the season is a killer blow.  We've been unlucky in some games, but ultimately it all comes down to the absolute balls up that was the January transfer window - for the second season in a row. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Yea he gave the ball away but it wasn’t a direct reason they scored. Had loads of players back, just a quality strike 

I get that but he shouldn't have tried playing from the back in the first place if he isnt comfortable at doing it 

1 minute ago, DE. said:

18 goals in 19 games tells you all you need to know. 7 games without a win at the business end of the season is a killer blow.  We've been unlucky in some games, but ultimately it all comes down to the absolute balls up that was the January transfer window - for the second season in a row. 

and our loan striker signing in the Summer has turned out to be a great signing for Ipswich, so that looks to be his level.

Scored a beauty this evening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

It's obviously a massive factor but equally it's like we've given BBD, Dolan, Gally and Vale a free pass as a result. They should have stepped up and been better overall.

• Like 4

I do think this team is full of genuine effort and they press hard, making things uncomfortable for opponents. But once things are against us we have no apparent drive or self-belief. I really want to switch off so I dont have to see this, or that lot winning the league at Ewood. I wish I could. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, BigBar said:

It's obviously a massive factor but equally it's like we've given BBD, Dolan, Gally and Vale a free pass as a result. They should have stepped up and been better overall.

Based on the match threads I don't think they've been given a free pass on here tbf! Ultimately BBD has always been a confidence player, Gally has never been a player, Vale is far from the required standard and Dolan isn't a striker in any real sense of the word. It was so obvious we needed reinforcements, and we didn't get them. It's absolutely killed us. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I get that but he shouldn't have tried playing from the back in the first place if he isnt comfortable at doing it 

That wasn’t playing from the back, it was just shit. He just dribbled a bit then gave them the ball. 

Similar to Hedges chip, players thinking they are better than they are and making mistakes instead of keeping it simple. Gifting the opposition possession rather than them working for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Agreed, opportunity was there for them to stake a claim and make the spot their own. Let’s be brutally honest, they’re all muck!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

and our loan striker signing in the Summer has turned out to be a great signing for Ipswich, so that looks to be his level.

Scored a beauty this evening.

5 goals in 19 games playing for one of the strongest teams in league one

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Based on the match threads I don't think they've been given a free pass on here tbf! Ultimately BBD has always been a confidence player, Gally has never been a player, Vale is far from the required standard and Dolan isn't a striker in any real sense of the word. It was so obvious we needed reinforcements, and we didn't get them. It's absolutely killed us. 

Manager should be coming up with solutions and ways to get more from them and more results. He's looked as lost as the above mentioned which shouldn't be the case.