BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v The Dingles (h) - 25/04/2023, k/o 8pm

• Backroom
Just now, Waggy76 said:

We would be better off with Bournemouth going down than Leeds ..

Think they'll scrape enough to just about survive. But yes, Leeds or Bournemouth over Leicester or Everton would be ideal.

Have to disagree with the idea that if we play like tonight we'll get into the playoffs, simply because we can't score. We didn't force their keeper into a single notable save tonight, unless I'm forgetting something. That won't get us anywhere, and hasn't for the last 7 games. We have a huge, huge problem up front and it's going to cost us a playoff spot this season. If it isn't resolved in the summer, and I have less than zero faith in the people in charge of that, it'll be more of the same.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, yankfan said:

Haven’t seen that chap since Christmas 

Nor have I and I'm not excusing it but I don't think it's unfair to ask for more from the strikers we did have on our books than what we actually got. They underperformed, throw the midfield into that too. Simply not enough goals in the squad, shared blame as I said but doesn't help when they are coached to pass pass pass and never take a shot. Short corners which amount to nothing. Poor substitution timings. The evidence is there.

14 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Season over, I don’t see how a team recovers from watching their closest rivals winning the league on their home pitch.

I hope Ashley Barnes finds himself destitute in later life. I hope he ends up alone, depressed and utterly destitute. Got to be the among my least favourite people of all time.

He’s going bald so it’s a start.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Or just took a good one.

Corners/freekicks are all dreadful 

I'm sure our strategy of taking short corners is backed up by stats, although we're probably wrecking those statistics this season. Tbf. this lot don't have many goals in them period. 

Sunderland play Watford and Preston to play

Rovers play Luton and Millwall

Coventry play Birmingham and Boro

West Brom play Sheff U, Norwich and Swansea

Millwall play Blackpool and Rovers

All tough games everything can still happen

Edited by neophox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tricky said:

Play like that and we'd win the play offs comfortably...

As it is we just won't get to them. 

Well we have been playing like that pretty consistently. We just can't actually score any goals and that is not going to change. 

So if we do somehow slip into the playoffs its a brave man who would expect us to win them, even if we play like vintage Barca in midfield.

I suppose my theory is that when we were playing poorly but winning in the first of the season we ended up scoring a lot of goals on the break which suited our forward players. But now we are so good at controlling games and pushing six/seven/eight players all the way up to the opposition box we just don't really have any strikers who suit the kind of opportunities we are creating.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BigBar said:

He has a Chilean international striker who scored over 20 goals last year.

I honestly need to go back and watch those goals again - starting to think I dreamt it, or maybe that 500/1 winner for fans is why we’re so cursed now.
He’s looked like he belongs at Morecambe for about 2 months now not Villarreal. Please please please do not play him in these final 2 matches 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

Grim. So grim. Turned off instantly at full time so no idea what’s happening, the main reason I didn’t want to fly in for this was the fact they could win the league. What a sickener.

Played decent until they scored then horrendous afterwards. 
JDT got fucked with nothing up top. The front 3 are horrendous. Brereton pathetic - said it every match thread for a month but shouldn’t be played again all season. Hedges and Dolan - all work no skill, that’s what you get signing from Aberdeen or PNE youth on free transfers. 
Having said that, JDT also fucked us, playing Morton all season over Wharton when fit. He’d have been worth at least 3 extra points over prior 44 games - some of us called for him to start in all match threads.  

I think Kaminski saves that shot with his extra height. 

Refs in this league oh boy (was that the linesman side too? If so that’s a shocker)

Carter will get the pelters but I think he’s been great for us since coming in, superior to Hyam in the way JDT wants to play. I think the latter can regularly become a liability.

Someone please climb up the comms tower and lamp Michael Brown too the prick. 

I'm sorry but no ones saving that shot. It's sickening that one turnover for them results in their goal but otherwise we dealt with them pretty well and played some great stuff up to the box. If we get a striker in the summer and jdt keeps working on this team next season should be a lot better.

I hate Barnes the balding Andy Carroll. 

Do think we're now out of the playoff race and it'd be good to have Leonard starting up top the next two games. Lack of striker and LOB has absolutely shafted us as has the shocking reffing in this league

• Like 3

Just now, Waggy76 said:

That's the main problem, we have !

No pressure on anyone from above, so this is how you end up with a chairman with his feet up, a recruitment team not delivering any of their targets and only one senior centre forward who struggles to reach ten goals a season.

• Like 6

It felt like we played well. We did.

However we were never anywhere near scoring a goal. Week after week its been the same. You only win games by scoring goals and for that reason, we have no chance of winning these last 2 games.

I hope our new striker isn't Ethan Brierley but I fear it will be.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Coventry's handball equaliser, Preston's ridiculous equaliser and now tonight.

Events in the past 3 games, bloody hell has someone at Ewood crossed on the stairs or put new shoes on a table?

The team has obvious shortcomings but we have had no luck whatsoever

I swear it’s all those who won the 500/1 Brereton bet last year - you’ve all cursed us for years to come. Hope you’re happy in your pool of money 😄

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Play like that and we'd win the play offs comfortably...

As it is we just won't get to them. 

Would we?

We played some nice stuff but didn’t even create half a chance all game

When we go behind the passing it around the back is exposed as fluff.

The high press is when we are most effective but still look unlikely to score 

• Like 6

The last time had such a gulf in financial banking we hammered them 5-0.

We should be loud and proud tonight against a £30m jenga set with bad suntans. 

I’m off to brick the coaches, good evening. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

I honestly need to go back and watch those goals again - starting to think I dreamt it, or maybe that 500/1 winner for fans is why we’re so cursed now.
He’s looked like he belongs at Morecambe for about 2 months now not Villarreal. Please please please do not play him in these final 2 matches 

Yeah it's baffling and again shared blame, he has not been anywhere near good enough. As a collective we've fallen short. Then again, does 2 wins get us the playoffs? Actually think it might 👀

• Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

The last time had such a gulf in financial banking we hammered them 5-0.

We should be loud and proud tonight against a £30m jenga set with bad suntans. 

I’m off to brick the coaches, good evening. 

I hope your aim is better than our forwards.

• Like 3