BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Luton Town (h) - 1/5/23

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Thanks for your input

Excuse me if I disregard  someone who thinks Dolan is the “most exciting player in the club” and anyone who says otherwise “doesn’t have a pulse” 

I can tell you for certain that Dolan out on the left for a little as he was there this evening was the only one along with Sczmodics  from outside the back 5 that I would not even think about dropping against Millwall. Diaz, Hedges, Travis & Wharton nowhere near what was required today.

• Like 4

Having watched that second half I've just got to admit I don't understand football anymore. We needed to win, all avenues of play going the same way due to the players being absolutely out of form or confidence and giving it away. Why the hell would you not just try and get the ball in and around the box hoping for the ball to drop right. Nobody showed up today and the lack of balls really hurt.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Pickering...not good enough

Buckley...not good enough

Morton...not good enough

Carter... debatable

Garrett... debatable

Dolan...debatable

Squad needs a massive revamp.

Keepers are fine.

Hyam, JRC, Whartons x2, Sammie should all be retained. The rest I can take or leave.

It's going to be a shocker next season if what I believe is going to happen happens.

5 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Morton...not good enough

Carter... debatable

Garrett... debatable

Dolan...debatable

Keepers are fine.

Hyam, JRC, Whartons x2, Sammie should all be retained. The rest I can take or leave.

We need to retain most of our squad and add maybe four players. Pickering, Carter, Dolan are good squad players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, booth said:

We're seeing years of neglect finally coming to a head with Venkys thinking they can penny pinch by relying on the academy and keeping Mowbray on way beyond his sell by date.

Tomasson will leave and it's going to get worse next season, with another yes man installed. We'll sell our best youngsters and keep the dross.

More reason to have not fucked this season, weakest Championship I can remember.

Sticking with BBD as long as he has is criminal. Dolan probably wouldnt have looked as shit if he was playing on the left. Thomas could have done a job on the left. Leaving Warton out in the cold was inexplicable. Continuing with Travis week after week was another strange decision.

I think even with decent investment we will not finish in the playoffs next year, I suspect we will be back to needing 75 points to get in there and I just don't see it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

My expectations didn't include a tremendous FA Cup run that brought some pride and passion back to club and town or a league finish above 14th, Sammie Szmodics or Dom Hyam.

How about yours?

Gav,your above comment...

What a damning indictment of the Venkys tenure..expectation through the fookin floor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

We need to retain most of our squad and add maybe four players. Pickering, Carter, Dolan are good squad players.

Yeah I'm ok with that. Can handle all 3 staying but really need upgrades. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

We're the second lowest scorers in the top 16, with Preston the only team with less goals than us (48 to 45). You have to get down to 17th and below to find scoring tallies similar to ours. Blackpool are 23rd and have scored 47.

Thankfully outside of a few horror games we've had a decent defensive record this season. Hyam certainly ended up being worth every penny we spent on him, and we can only be grateful that Pears turned out to be not as bad as everyone feared.

• Like 3

Just now, booth said:

It's going to be a shocker next season if what I believe is going to happen happens.

Loans and frees with GB in charge does not give me the slightest bit of confidence.

I also do not think the Championship will be so bang average next season with so many rated teams underperforming allowing Luton, Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland and us to challenge for the playoffs 

This season was a once in a decade chance which we have messed up with what, quite honestly, has been a death spiral of Mowbray proportions.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Morton...not good enough

Carter... debatable

Garrett... debatable

Dolan...debatable

Keepers are fine.

Some of them are debatable, but Carter? Go for a lie down or something, can only assume you've not watched many games this season?

• Like 8

Call me old fashioned but if I see another opponents goal headed in from the edge of the six yard line with the keeper rooted to the goal line I’ll burst. When I played back in the Stone Age that was the keepers ball all day long and with a bit of luck he could have left a bit on the opponents as well.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, booth said:

I've just been told that Tomasson was on Sky talking about his lack of goalscorers again.

If so good on him for passing the buck, Waggott and co deserve their day in the spotlight.

JDT was failed by those above him.

My fear is he's getting his digs in cos he knows he's off. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, booth said:

I've just been told that Tomasson was on Sky talking about his lack of goalscorers again.

If so good on him for passing the buck, Waggott and co deserve their day in the spotlight.

He was very polite but very clear and to the point.

It will not have missed its targets.

• Like 3

Was glad to see despite the must win aspect of the game we were still passing it nonchalantly around the back without a care in the world 

that is on Jdt 

second half we needed to throw the kitchen sink at them- 1 sot , and we scored from it. bemoan luck all we want the simple and harsh truth is our team is shite and the manager isn’t up for it . We got the luck we deserved. Nowhere near good enough

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Call me old fashioned but if I see another opponents goal headed in from the edge of the six yard line with the keeper footed to the goal line I’ll burst. When I played back in the Stone Age that was the keepers ball all day long and with a bit of luck he could have left a bit on the opponents as well.

Pears was stranded at the post when he missed the cross and didn't move until after the header hit the bar and then punched it downwards. Pathetic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

We're the second lowest scorers in the top 16, with Preston the only team with less goals than us (48 to 45). You have to get down to 17th and below to find scoring tallies similar to ours. Blackpool are 23rd and have scored 47.

Thankfully outside of a few horror games we've had a decent defensive record this season. Hyam certainly ended up being worth every penny we spent on him, and we can only be grateful that Pears turned out to be not as bad as everyone feared.

Pears deserve massive credit. He has been very good and shown he can be relied upon. He will obviously make the odd error here or there in futute but it's comforting to know he is a capable keeper and adequate competition for the no.1 spot.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

My fear is he's getting his digs in cos he knows he's off. 

That was my first thought as well. If he's throwing out public criticism of our recruitment team that probably doesn't bode well. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Some of them are debatable, but Carter? Go for a lie down or something, can only assume you've not watched many games this season?

What you on about a lie down? It's an opinion, didn't go in on him did I? It is debatable for me. Is that ok with you? I have watched every game this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Pears was stranded at the post when he missed the cross and didn't move until after the header hit the bar and then punched it downwards. Pathetic.

Yeah, he’s been absolutely fine in the majority of matches and served ably as cover when Kaminski was out, but the past few especially, I think he’s been beyond suspect at set pieces and not exactly imperious otherwise. Kaminski has his faults, but not so long ago, we and a lot of commentators thought he was one of the best keepers in the division. I’d see if there’s interest in Pears and turn a profit on him in the summer, he’s not a long-term solution for us.

• Like 3