BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

They were on his case last season at Ewood too, then soon after they climbed up the table and like us spent all the second half of the season in and around the top 6.

I think he's a negative manager. It works in this league and I doubt Millwall would have done better with a different approach, but when getting well beaten people will quickly turn.

• Backroom

Thanks for the insights. I tend not to jump straight to blaming fans in these instances, even if from the outside it seems unreasonable, as we've seen ourselves that other fans are often unaware of other moving parts beneath the surface.

Preston having a great start to the season. Armstrong scoring again for Saints. Leicester winning again. Leeds look to have finally kicked into gear as well beating Ipswich 4-2 away.

Would be very surprised if 2 of the 3 relegated Premier League teams aren't automatically promoted. Leicester in particular you feel are going to be able to achieve promotion without playing particularly well simply because of their financial capabilities and the quality of their squad.

Top 6 is the best we can hope for without a doubt.

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Preston having a great start to the season. Armstrong scoring again for Saints. Leicester winning again. Leeds look to have finally kicked into gear as well beating Ipswich 4-2 away.

Would be very surprised if 2 of the 3 relegated Premier League teams aren't automatically promoted. Leicester in particular you feel are going to be able to achieve promotion without playing particularly well simply because of their financial capabilities and the quality of their squad.

Top 6 is the best we can hope for without a doubt.

Yeah I think promotion is off the table - we haven't backed JDT enough. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Birmingham continue their American revolution with another victory, which takes them up to third. Plymouth with their second defeat in a row and no win since opening day, but they've shown enough to suggest they'll compete this year. If they keep up their current levels of performance I don't think they'll go down.

Cardiff with their first win of the season at home to Sheffield Wednesday, who have lost four on the spin and appear to be in for a difficult season. If they want to survive they have to pick up points from matches against teams like Cardiff. The fans were apparently chanting for the owner to leave today, so it seems despite promotion last season there are still a lot of internal issues there.

Coventry will probably be a little disappointed with a 0-0 home draw against Sunderland. A decent point for Sunderland, but they'll probably be concerned by their lack of goalscoring threat. They only had two shots on target. Mowbray complained about not having a "killer number nine" in his post-match press conference and suggested it wasn't likely one would be coming by the end of the window. 

Huddersfield got smashed 4-0 by Norwich at home. Nine goals conceded and only two goals scored in their first four matches suggests they're in major trouble. Warnock may be starting to regret agreeing to stay on for another season. Meanwhile Norwich appear to have rectified their issues from last season, making their best start to a campaign since 2002.

Ipswich suffered their first defeat of the season, beaten by Leeds in a 4-3 goalfest. It was Leeds' first win of the season. It remains to be seen whether it was the start of Leeds getting to grips with the division and Ipswich having their weaknesses exposed, or whether it was just a bad day at the office for Ipswich. 

After a couple of defeats on the Trot, Millwall beat Stoke 1-0 at home. 

Preston continued an impressive start to the season, beating Swansea 2-1 at home. Swansea are still without a win this season, having managed two draws and two defeats. Preston meanwhile are unbeaten, having won three and drawn one, placing them in 5th. They aren't scoring bucketloads, but have only conceded three goals, and a solid defence pays dividends.

Leicester with another narrow victory, this time beating Rotherham 2-1 away. They were good value for the win though, and 4 wins out of 4 with only three goals conceded suggests if they find their scoring boots as the season goes on they'll be heading back to the PL without too many problems. Rotherham meanwhile are still without a win, having only picked up one draw in their first four matches, losing the rest. No prizes as to who they picked up their solitary point against. Another season of struggle beckons for them.

Southampton picked up their third win of the season with a 2-1 home win against QPR, who have lost three of their opening four matches. Southampton are scoring plenty of goals, but defensively have some work to do if they're going to claim a top two spot. Nonetheless they are unbeaten in their first four matches and it's highly likely are going to be up there challenging. 

WBA picked up their second win of the season, heaping more misery on Boro with a 4-2 win. Despite a poor start to the season against us, Corberan appears to have WBA going in the right direction. Boro meanwhile are still waiting for their first win, having only managed a single point in their first four games. However, they started last season badly and then rode a wave of momentum into the playoffs. That did coincide with a change of manager, though, so Carrick will be aware results need to improve. Boro have shipped 9 goals in their first four matches and only scored 3, so there are problems there. 

A win for Rovers tomorrow could take us up to 7th, depending on how many we score. A draw would take us to 13th, a defeat leaving us in 15th with only one win in our first four games and no victories since the opening day.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 4

• Backroom

From what was posted on here the Millwall fans' ire towards him seems to stem from them crashing out of the playoff spots towards the end of last season and his style of footall. I can understand the first to a degree, but then Mowbray had us falling out of the playoffs or failing to capitalise on good positions to get in multiple times, and still retained majority support at Ewood. It seems a bit harsh considering they have a relatively small budget. As far as his style of football... how often have Millwall been pleasing on the eye over the years?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DE. said:

From what was posted on here the Millwall fans' ire towards him seems to stem from them crashing out of the playoff spots towards the end of last season and his style of footall. I can understand the first to a degree, but then Mowbray had us falling out of the playoffs or failing to capitalise on good positions to get in multiple times, and still retained majority support at Ewood. It seems a bit harsh considering they have a relatively small budget. As far as his style of football... how often have Millwall been pleasing on the eye over the years?

I made a mistake I thought he was manager of Birmingham.  They're up to third despite being a shipwreck over the last few years but he's doing a great job at Millwall 

22 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Leicester just won't stop winning, another 85th plus minute goal for them against Rotherham

Leeds smashing Ipswich and Preston winning yet again  

Preston haven't been tested yet. I caught some of their game and Swansea were awful. Preston wanted it more but weren't much better. A bit like us, can attack but poor upfront.

very good post @DE.

19 hours ago, DE. said:

The fans were apparently chanting for the owner to leave today, so it seems despite promotion last season there are still a lot of internal issues there.

all is not well at Sheff Wednesday. Its seems a very toxic atmosphere there, They need some quality signings if they are going to stay up. 

19 hours ago, DE. said:

Mowbray complained about not having a "killer number nine" in his post-match press conference and suggested it wasn't likely one would be coming by the end of the window. 

But also mentioned he has nothing to do with bring players apart from a say on possible targets. Speakman and Harvey sign the players there

19 hours ago, DE. said:

Warnock may be starting to regret agreeing to stay on for another season.

They haven't really backed him like I thought they would do. I guess Warnock might get a couple of loans in before the window shuts. 

19 hours ago, DE. said:

Preston continued an impressive start to the season, beating Swansea 2-1 at home. Swansea are still without a win this season, having managed two draws and two defeats. Preston meanwhile are unbeaten, having won three and drawn one, placing them in 5th. They aren't scoring bucketloads, but have only conceded three goals, and a solid defence pays dividends.

I work with a couple of PNE fans who said they need a couple of signings before the deadline like left wing back and striker. They don't think Cannon is coming back

• Like 1

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good post @DE.

Thanks, I wasn't planning to make these Championship recaps a regular thing, but I quite enjoy writing them and it keeps me up to date with what's going on at various clubs, so I might keep doing them. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, roverandout said:

I made a mistake I thought he was manager of Birmingham.  They're up to third despite being a shipwreck over the last few years but he's doing a great job at Millwall 

They're brought in 10 new players (and spent nearly £7m in the process) - I'd be disappointed if they weren't good this year.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I work with a couple of PNE fans who said they need a couple of signings before the deadline like left wing back and striker. They don't think Cannon is coming back

You poor sod. I play football with a PNE fan - they really do have the thinnest skin. Calls Rovers fans 'plastics' (whatever that means), but if you fire anything back they get very defensive.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You poor sod. I play football with a PNE fan - they really do have the thinnest skin. Calls Rovers fans 'plastics' (whatever that means), but if you fire anything back they get very defensive.

I work, drink, play football with Plymouth fans, hoping for a result next week or I'm shelled with no back up 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I was speaking to a Preston fan, a year or so ago in a pub. He immediatlely called me a Plastic. He then could not understand that I had been going to the Rovers for longer than he had been alive , never mind how long he had been a Nobber. 

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, rigger said:

I was speaking to a Preston fan, a year or so ago in a pub. He immediatlely called me a Plastic. He then could not understand that I had been going to the Rovers for longer than he had been alive , never mind how long he had been a Nobber. 

Lived in Preston for many years, difficult to find Nobber who doesn’t ‘also’ support Liverpool, Utd or nowadays, Shitty.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Lived in Preston for many years, difficult to find Nobber who doesn’t ‘also’ support Liverpool, Utd or nowadays, Shitty.

The funny thing is, they are all nobbers when they win,but support a miriad of teams when they loose.

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

most north end fans are very bitter,all their rivals have had success in the last 15 years,even blackpool have been in the top flight,north end have done **** all since tom finney retired,they really are an angry lot

But but but but Tom Finney!!!!

The Mrs old man is a nobber, he's always banding about the "plastic" label. I asked him once, have you ever seen your team win anything?