BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

On the bright side it's a few less miles on the car next season 😁.

The next few weeks will be interesting for Leeds. They have some big earners and I'd read they were banking on promotion to ease their financial worries. I wonder if their Chief Exec still holds these views.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59481154

• Like 1

So now we know how much each club gets to start next season

Luton approx 110 Million (Prem prize Money)

Dingles  approx 110million (Prem prize Money)

Sheff Utd approx 105 Million (Prem prize Money)

Leeds approx 50 Million (Parachute 1/3)

Norwich approx 50Million (Parachute 2/2)

Watford approx 50 Million (Parachute 2/2)

• Backroom

I think Southampton have a lot of work on to stay up next season. Without the luxury of having a massively more expensive squad than almost every opponent they face, I don't think Martin's style of play will get them many points. We all know Arma is a top Championship player, but he hasn't shown himself to be effective in the PL yet, so it'd be a risk to rely on him again next season. 

Leeds froze today and truthfully bottled the last couple of months. Every time Ipswich faltered, Leeds did too - sometimes worse. They couldn't even beat us at home when the pressure was on (and thank goodness for that). Assuming Farke stays he'll need to identify those weak mental links if they are going to succeed next season. If he doesn't then whoever comes in will have their own ideas on what to do, just a question of whether there are any major restrictions as a result of failing to go up this season.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought Norwich and Watford no longer have parachutes?

Correct. Only 4 clubs with parachute payments next year. And one of them are starting with a points deduction, and another is Luton.

Best opportunity in a long time for a well run and ambitious club (not us)

17 minutes ago, 1874 said:

So now we know how much each club gets to start next season

Luton approx 110 Million (Prem prize Money)

Dingles  approx 110million (Prem prize Money)

Sheff Utd approx 105 Million (Prem prize Money)

Leeds approx 50 Million (Parachute 1/3)

Norwich approx 50Million (Parachute 2/2)

Watford approx 50 Million (Parachute 2/2)

Just over £6.5 million per point!

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Correct. Only 4 clubs with parachute payments next year. And one of them are starting with a points deduction, and another is Luton.

Best opportunity in a long time for a well run and ambitious club (not us)

Not true

You do not receive a parachute payment when you are relegaed unless you fail to go back up.

So the only clubs in receipt of parachute payments ar Leeds Watford and Norwich

• Like 1

This season has saved the Prem a lot of money

Leicester  and Southampton £0 parachute payment

Guess where the 100 Million that they budget for payments  goes?

Yep back to the premier league clubs

6 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Not true

You do not receive a parachute payment when you are relegaed unless you fail to go back up.

So the only clubs in receipt of parachute payments ar Leeds Watford and Norwich

You’re being a bit disingenuous. 

Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley either get parachute payments or promotions I.e they have a huge advantage and more money to spend than everyone else 

1 minute ago, superniko said:

You’re being a bit disingenuous. 

Luton, Sheffield United and Burnley either get parachute payments or promotions I.e they have a huge advantage and more money to spend than everyone else 

But factually correct

I'm not saying they don't have an advantage The three relegated clubs will all have relegation clauses in players contracts  I bet Leeds Leicester and Soton didn't

9 minutes ago, 1874 said:

This season has saved the Prem a lot of money

Leicester  and Southampton £0 parachute payment

Guess where the 100 Million that they budget for payments  goes?

Yep back to the premier league clubs

Yep - as per the below:

IMG_1689.thumb.jpeg.acc29ee99e6d29bf2ad266fbf3b1bf32.jpeg

Leeds certainly seem to bottle it when they need to produce.

Their 'famed four' go missing.

In a week when they had Sunderland and Rovers at home, they took just 1 point - that's what cost them.

All credit to Martin - seems to have adopted a more pragmatic approach in the 3 play off matches and shown signs of learning.  He walked into a chaotic situation and turned it around.  Well done.

Posted (edited)

Congrates to Saints and to the family of fans I know down there. Unfortunately leeds with their (minority) idiots will be back at Ewood next season. At least I can smile at the 0 1 pasting we gave them at their home ground. Hopefully 6 points for us in 2024-25.

Cracking good game. Saints did their homework & again possession doesn't alway count. 

Edited by Cherry Blue

Armstrong has developed his game to be fair this season, hes become a much more well rounded player who has got a lot of assists. Still a big step up but surely he will at least do better than last time.

Wouldnt surprise me to see the 3 promoted sides straight back down again and at least Burnley and Luton going back up.

How bad a pundit is Troy Deeney by the way?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

On the bright side it's a few less miles on the car next season 😁.

The next few weeks will be interesting for Leeds. They have some big earners and I'd read they were banking on promotion to ease their financial worries. I wonder if their Chief Exec still holds these views.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59481154

Leeds banking on finishing in a big money position?

They never learn do they.

Apparently, Leeds owe £190m in unpaid transfer fees, a legacy of the previous regime. I suspect they will be selling a lot of players in the close season, but any clubs looking at their "big 4" forwards today might think twice. How on earth did Summerville get player of the year over Sammie?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

You cant just base Summerville on today, im not saying he should or shouldnt have been player of the season but hes an excellent player who had an excellent season.

Better than Sammie Szmodics or Adam Arnstromg or Connor Chaplin? 

He was awful. 

Posted (edited)

He was poor today as were Leeds as a whole team. I don't know personally who I feel deserves player of the season, ultimately it means little and people get too worked up about it. But Summerville has been excellent this season and definitely deserves to be in contention, not just for his goals and assists but he gives more than that. One poor performance today in the play offs doesnt alter how good he has been.

Edited by roversfan99

But over the course of the normal season, and I dont think play offs even count, Summerville has had a fantastic season and has scored and assisted plenty, so he obviously should have at least been in contention for player of the season. Todays performance doesnt stop that.

It doesnt have to go to a player for a team who has achieved its goal necessarily. Szmodics played for a team that finished 12 places below last seasons finish but again that shouldnt dismiss his chances.