BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 23/24

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking forward to fixtures coming out on 26th of June 

Do they really matter much to a man who can already guarantee he's going to every home game regardless?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Do they really matter much to a man who can already guarantee he's going to every home game regardless?

Always look forward to the fixtures coming out and who we are playing and when? 

Clearly Dave, You have a problem with that I can make every game and others can who are similar. The fixtures will mostly be on the same days(Friday, Saturday, Sunday and possibly Monday) as they are now just games for TV coverage, That's all

Just now, Forever Blue said:

Oh right, must have missed that. 

Just been reported this evening 

1 hour ago, rovers11 said:

No doubt a much weaker championship next season than it was last season. In fact, I'd say it could be one of the weakest we've seen for some time with many clubs struggling financially.

From the teams coming down; Sheff Utd are in dire straits, Luton will be decent but don't have any real stars, and Burnley will be losing their manager very shortly. The ones going up are far stronger than the ones coming down.

Leeds will have to sell off all their best players and may even get a points deduction, so they'll be average next season. Norwich and West Brom must  be coming to the end of any kind of parachute payments, so large wage bills and no parachute payments is not a good scenario.

Derby and Portsmouth will be OK but nothing special. Oxford wiill play nice football but struggle. Birmingham and Huddersfield are big clubs that have gone down.

If we can get the recruitment right, we have a big chance of operating at the right end of the table again next season. Huge IF though.

Im not sure that it will be MUCH weaker. Luton will be strong, theyve added top Championship players like Kaminski, Chong and Giles since promotion and I cant see a firesale there. Burnley have added some proven quality at this level too including O'Shea, Berge and Ramsey aswell as other players like Koleosho and Odobert so dependant on who they appoint sadly will be a force. Sheff United less so but I am sure they will still be at the top. And you mention Huddersfield and Birmingham as big clubs but Birmingham in particular have been poor for a bit so arent losses quality wise.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the Championship will be better balance to it. 

I think Luton and Sheff Utd will be strong. Edwards has a very good team ready for Championship football and Wilder will get a team together that can challenge at the top end of the league. Dingles, god knows, new manager coming there maybe Cooper or Lampard from reports today. 

West Brom might lost their head coach to Leicester so that could be another change. Norwich are close to appointing a manager from Denmark(I think) who is 35 years old. 

I also think alot will depends on recruitment of every team and which players they lose. 

Looking forward to fixtures coming out on 26th of June 

Hopefully Burnley will appoint Lampard because he is a terrible manager.

But I fail to see beside Rovers bias how Sheff United look strong and Burnley dont. Burnley have a considerably better squad especially when you factor in some of the loans to return. Whereas Sheff United have lost a big chunk of that team, havent strengthened and surely wont stick with Wilder.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But I fail to see beside Rovers bias how Sheff United look strong and Burnley dont. Burnley have a considerably better squad especially when you factor in some of the loans to return. Whereas Sheff United have lost a big chunk of that team, havent strengthened and surely wont stick with Wilder.

I think Burnley will struggle next season and depends who they sign, but they have huge squad already so that will need downsizing, Plus who they appoint aswell cos play a key factor aswell

Wilder is very experience Championship manager and I thought the all point of Wilder was to assess the said and what he wanted for next season. 

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Always look forward to the fixtures coming out and who we are playing and when? 

Clearly Dave, You have a problem with that I can make every game and others can who are similar. The fixtures will mostly be on the same days(Friday, Saturday, Sunday and possibly Monday) as they are now just games for TV coverage, That's all

Just been reported this evening 

Why on earth would I have a problem with it?

I just find it bizarre that someone can say without doubt they won't have other engagements on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. There were a few Monday games as well last season come to think of it 🤔 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Why on earth would I have a problem with it?

I just find it bizarre that someone can say without doubt they won't have other engagements on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. There were a few Monday games as well last season come to think of it 🤔 

Like I said I haven't missed a home league game since Covid. They has been games on every day and Still haven't miss one. 

I don't what the problem actually is tbh

I take it you miss certain amount of games each year then? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Burnley will struggle next season and depends who they sign, but they have huge squad already so that will need downsizing, Plus who they appoint aswell cos play a key factor aswell

Wilder is very experience Championship manager and I thought the all point of Wilder was to assess the said and what he wanted for next season. 

Its easier to trim a squad packed full of quality than to rebuild one lacking in it.

Hopefully they go down the Lampard route, hes a shit manager. But if they get a good one they unfortunately have to be favourites for the league. They still have Beyer, Muric, Zaraoruy, Benson, Roberts, Vitinho, Cullen, Ekdal, Al-Dakhil, Twine etc from last time. Admittedly they have lost Tella, Harwood Bellis and Maatsen on loan and may lose Brownhill but theyve since added players like O'Shea, Berge and Ramsey who are proven at this level aswell as the likes of Odobert, Koleosho etc, and have a full season of Foster who could score lots. And likely will add to that.

Both Burnley and Luton have squads where I cant see many of their players being poached but otherwise packed full of top Championship players. 

Wilder has had his day I think. He did a great job nearly a decade ago when he got them up and had one superb season in the Prem, but since they tailed off and he got sacked, he has had 2 poor spells at other Championship clubs and he somehow made Sheff United worse when he came in. Plus hes a really arrogant and unlikeable man, not that its relevant. Their promotion squad has been broken up with Ndiaye/Berge poached and a number of other players moving on having lost their way, in some cases due to age.

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its easier to trim a squad packed full of quality than to rebuild one lacking in it.

Hopefully they go down the Lampard route, hes a shit manager. But if they get a good one they unfortunately have to be favourites for the league. They still have Beyer, Muric, Zaraoruy, Benson, Roberts, Vitinho, Cullen, Ekdal, Al-Dakhil, Twine etc from last time. Admittedly they have lost Tella, Harwood Bellis and Maatsen on loan and may lose Brownhill but theyve since added players like O'Shea, Berge and Ramsey who are proven at this level aswell as the likes of Odobert, Koleosho etc, and have a full season of Foster who could score lots. And likely will add to that.

They have got a squad of 34 players so that will need massive trimming that before the new guy wanting his own signings

Both Burnley and Luton have squads where I cant see many of their players being poached but otherwise packed full of top Championship players. 

I think Luton are probably my favourites if they keep the baulk of the squad together. Morris is a good striker and their star player for me. 

Wilder has had his day I think. He did a great job nearly a decade ago when he got them up and had one superb season in the Prem, but since they tailed off and he got sacked, he has had 2 poor spells at other Championship clubs and he somehow made Sheff United worse when he came in. Plus hes a really arrogant and unlikeable man, not that its relevant. Their promotion squad has been broken up with Ndiaye/Berge poached and a number of other players moving on having lost their way, in some cases due to age.

He got them promoted 5 years ago to the PL. 

I don't think he is arrogant or unlikeable man at all

I think Wilder is good manager at this level. 

4 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

What would they receive a penalty for?

They appear to be inside the allowable losses for the last three accounting periods (given they were in the PL)

What's the allowable losses for them? (Unknown how it works for relegated PL clubs)

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

What's the allowable losses for them? (Unknown how it works for relegated PL clubs)

The allowable losses relate to the division a club is in during the relevant accounting periods.

So Leeds were allowed to lose £105 million over the three years up to 2023 (3 x £35 million)

For the three year period to the end of their 2024 accounting period it will be £83 million (2 x £35 million for 2 PL years + £13 million for 1 EFL year)

All these figures are subject to their owners having put in the requisite amount of their own money.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Burnley make a half decent appointment then they will walk the Championship next season - they have a squad who are different class to ours and many players who will excel in the Championship.  It will not be a rebuild job.

There are fine margins in football in particular in the PL and I think Burnley weren't far away from getting it right enough to survive; they were obviously on a steep learning curve in the first half of the season and were a tad unlucky in a number of games but read somewhere they were averaging a point a match over the last dozen games or so despite their poor results in the final 3/4 games.

I would appoint Cooper who transformed Forest from 'no hopers' in very quick time to get them promoted to the PL - if they do, they will be a real force next season.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If Burnley make a half decent appointment then they will walk the Championship next season - they have a squad who are different class to ours and many players who will excel in the Championship.  It will not be a rebuild job.

There are fine margins in football in particular in the PL and I think Burnley weren't far away from getting it right enough to survive; they were obviously on a steep learning curve in the first half of the season and were a tad unlucky in a number of games but read somewhere they were averaging a point a match over the last dozen games or so despite their poor results in the final 3/4 games.

I would appoint Cooper who transformed Forest from 'no hopers' in very quick time to get them promoted to the PL - if they do, they will be a real force next season.

They achieved 24 points.

They were shit.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said I haven't missed a home league game since Covid. They has been games on every day and Still haven't miss one. 

Why do you keep saying its a problem? It's not.

And yes I absolutely do, family events, birthdays, stag do's, weddings, holidays etc etc more often than not take up at least a few weekends a year.

Again, I reiterate - its not a problem if you have your life mapped out months ahead focusing on nothing but football, I'd never be able to do so though.

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

They achieved 24 points.

They were shit.

Kompany himself (I’d say Alan Pace but he’s teetotal) must be a regular at his Ribble Valley soirées.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

SUPERFAN 2024

image.png.5b78478acd164d9214d7dac172091c9e.png

Edited by ABBEY
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have you ever heard the phrase 'setting yourself up for a fall'?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

The allowable losses relate to the division a club is in during the relevant accounting periods.

So Leeds were allowed to lose £105 million over the three years up to 2023 (3 x £35 million)

For the three year period to the end of their 2024 accounting period it will be £83 million (2 x £35 million for 2 PL years + £13 million for 1 EFL year)

All these figures are subject to their owners having put in the requisite amount of their own money.

Cheers.

Still not sure how they can make £190m losses, only be allowed £105 or £83m and still not be in trouble but I'm sure you're correct.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Cheers.

Still not sure how they can make £190m losses, only be allowed £105 or £83m and still not be in trouble but I'm sure you're correct.

The a alarming figure to me was that they owe £190m in transfer instalments on player purchases but are only due £2m in transfer fees from sales.

The vultures will be hovering soon.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Why do you keep saying its a problem? It's not.

And yes I absolutely do, family events, birthdays, stag do's, weddings, holidays etc etc more often than not take up at least a few weekends a year.

Again, I reiterate - its not a problem if you have your life mapped out months ahead focusing on nothing but football, I'd never be able to do so though.

fair enough 

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Have you ever heard the phrase 'setting yourself up for a fall'?

still going on about it. I haven't missed a home league game since Covid impact people attending games. You simply don't get it or can't get it. 

Have you ever heard the phrase " digging yourself a bigger hole"? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Cheers.

The £190 million is the total losses the company has made and is irrelevant  for FFP purposes (as you know, only the last three years matter for this)

(I think, but haven’t double checked,  our total losses are running at over £300 million)

40 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The a alarming figure to me was that they owe £190m in transfer instalments on player purchases but are only due £2m in transfer fees from sales.

The vultures will be hovering soon.

As @arbitro post alludes to, there’s a big difference between complying with FFP and a club’s cash flow position.

They certainly appear to be ‘in the shit’

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

The £190 million is the total losses the company has made and is irrelevant  for FFP purposes (as you know, only the last three years matter for this)

(I think, but haven’t double checked,  our total losses are running at over £300 million)

As @arbitro post alludes to, there’s a big difference between complying with FFP and a club’s cash flow position.

They certainly appear to be ‘in the shit’

Ah my bad, I thought the £190m was losses for the last couple of years. Misread that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

fair enough 

still going on about it. I haven't missed a home league game since Covid impact people attending games. You simply don't get it or can't get it. 

Have you ever heard the phrase " digging yourself a bigger hole"? 

You're the one who's digging holes pal!