BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Watford (a) - 27/8/23

Just now, 47er said:

Summary—-we’ve shown some great approach work, got ourselves into promising positions but have no physicality upfront. Dolan as ineffective as I’ve ever seen him, Hedges ordinary, Leonard anonymous.

Travis flirting with a yellow or worse.

Where’s a goal going to come from?

Moran bicycle kick…written in the stars.

• Like 2

Usual story, the whole team is doing fine against a good side but is lacking that cutting edge from a number of forward positions...

VENKY'S ... BACK BROUGHTON AND THE MANAGER!

A couple of injuries to that defence too and we're done.

• Like 2

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's the first game I've seen Leonard really struggle - link up play is really good, but he's not a goal threat at the moment. I'd love him to get a L1 loan this week if we bring in a proper #9. He needs to play mens football week in, week out. 

He hasn't really been effective since our first game. No slight on him, he's learning to play senior football as the main man every week because the only other striker we've bought has major fitness issues, and Gallagher has similar problems. We've known about this issue for over a year and yet here we are, fourth match of the 22/23 season and being forced to rely on an untested 19 year old to lead the line.  

We'll do well to get a draw out of this one. We have so little in attack. 

• Like 2

Our wingers are a real weak point at the moment. Some good build up play then horrendous end product from Dolan/Hedges.

Some positive build up though. If only they would back JDT.

Pears been solid too

Edited by superniko

No real goal threat here. Leonard getting bullied out of it, Dolan ineffective on the ball, Hedges doing ok but again he's never really been a threat. Sammie looks to be most likely to score out of the attacking players. Defensively we're doing ok. Travis lucky to not get booked.

Moran for Dolan at the break please.

• Like 1

Decent gk, defensive, centre midfield performance, and hedges has done well on the right.

Szmodics has been wasteful but looked effective. Leonard and Dolan offered very little. 

Wonder if Markanday and Gallagher may come on as there is a lot of space on the counter and their pace could be useful.

Intriguing game so far. Letting their centre halves have it as long as they want which is fine as they aren’t playmakers. Good defending and we get through the middle half of the pitch really quickly and sharply, but not enough up front so far. I suspect we won’t be seeing Dolan second half and the rest of our lives on that non-performance.

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Decent gk, defensive, centre midfield performance, and hedges has done well on the right.

Szmodics has been wasteful but looked effective. Leonard and Dolan offered very little. 

Wonder if Markanday and Gallagher may come on as there is a lot of space on the counter and their pace could be useful.

Markanday is not fast.

• Like 4

Good performance away from home with that lineup. Wharton showing glimpses of what he can do, two great crosses from Leonard to start an attack, very good save from Pears and some good defending as well. I also think Travis is doing ok, but Dolan needs to come off.

I’ll stick to my earlier comment that subs will determine the outcome of this match. 

• Like 1