BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Plymouth Argyle (a) - 2/9/23

4 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Anything but a loss would be great before the international break.

Feel as though this will be the toughest game yet - They have some tricky wingers so our full backs need to be on form. 

Moran masterclass incoming!

What are these “ tricky wingers “ you speak of ? Aren’t they an endangered species ?

Blackburn: 1 Aynsley Pears, 2 Callum Brittain, 3 Harry Pickering, 5 Dominic Hyam, 8 Sammie Szmodics, 9 Sam Gallagher, 17 Hayden Carter, 19 Ryan Hedges, 23 Adam Wharton, 24 Andy Moran, 27 Lewis Travis (capt). Substitutes: 12 Leopold Wahlstedt (gk), 6 Sondre Tronstad, 10 Tyrhys Dolan, 15 Patrick Gamble, 16 Scott Wharton, 20 Harry Leonard, 22 Zak Gilsenan, 30 Jake Garrett, 37 Tom Bloxham. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

After playing a counter attacking 442 till the subs against Watford think we will go back to a possession based 433. Team for me :

Pears

Brittain.   Carter.   Hyam.   Pickering

Travis.    Wharton.   Moran

Hedges.    Gallagher.   Szmodics

Would bring Moran into midfield to let Szmodics replace Dolan up top.

Woohoo, called it.... Though till we start not sure who will be in midfield and who up top out of Moran and Szmodics.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Weak bench for a Championship game. Hill, Rankin Costello, Ennis, Telalovic and Sigurdsson to return but we wont have a clean bill of health most weeks.

With 9 on the bench and 5 available to be used, subs benches are tactical. With a two week break coming up, JDT might well go the 90 minutes using no subs. The players are fit enough.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That lineup picks itself today. Interesting choices on the bench. Happy to see Gilsenan there as I think he’s a better option than Markanday.

With Markanday not making the bench with Sigurdsson, Ennis and Telalovic all to return its not looking that promising for Markanday.

Would like to see Gilesenan and Garrett get game time today. Bith deserve it I think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

With Markanday not making the bench with Sigurdsson, Ennis and Telalovic all to return its not looking that promising for Markanday.

Would like to see Gilesenan and Garrett get game time today. Bith deserve it I think.

Yeah, I will be amazed if Markanday doesn’t leave in January. Well down the pecking order. While he scored a goal against Harrogate I think he was certainly our least effective player, quite a few attacks broke down with him.

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Yeah, I will be amazed if Markanday doesn’t leave in January. Well down the pecking order. While he scored a goal against Harrogate I think he was certainly our least effective player, quite a few attacks broke down with him.

i don`t think he`s good enough unfortunately,at least with dolan he`s capable of making an impact off the bench,i don`t see any positive attributes from dilon at this level

• Like 2

Strong line up today, a lot of technical ability in Wharton, Hedges and Moran. Away from home i'd always take a point. As someone else said, kill the first 20 mins and grow into the game. Hopefully we don't play our way into trouble. 

1-1

On 28/08/2023 at 13:59, VenkysRuinedMyLife said:

Their starting 11 is good so far, and usually at least one of their front three is good enough to score, but their subs are mid and Scarr has lapses of judgement now and then. They also play Palace tomorrow

Our bench does not fill me with confidence. The youth are exciting for the future and for cup games but it's a seriously weak bench. 

41 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That lineup picks itself today. Interesting choices on the bench. Happy to see Gilsenan there as I think he’s a better option than Markanday.

I think the squad is slowly starting to pick itself. Amazed we didn't ship Markanday out last night. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, philipl said:

With 9 on the bench and 5 available to be used, subs benches are tactical. With a two week break coming up, JDT might well go the 90 minutes using no subs. The players are fit enough.

Indeed, we might stroll to victory not needing to change a thing. Or more likely, whether chasing the game or to manage it, we will need the bench and there is not much there.

What's the chances of the goals drying up for us today, having hit a hatful on Wednesday evening (albeit against woeful opposition)? Such is the life of the Rovers fan, our expectations so badly battered in recent times, that I don't suppose anyone would be surprised if we failed to gel in front of goal today. Having said that, the JDT approach seems to be somewhat more coherent and positive, taking each game as an opportunity to refine his team's style.

Hoping for a good result, but would take a draw on the road.

Head 2-1 Pilgrims plunder

Heart 1-1 honours even

Heaven 0-3 Rovers rampant

COYB!