BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Quite specific with this tweet, I guess we'll see how genuine it is soon enough.

Screenshot_20240525_121819_X.jpg

I think this is a legit account and I'm usually very sceptical and dismissive of ITK accounts. Will be interesting to see who is appointed.

Edit: Others saying it could be John Park, which sounds very plausible.

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic

It seems the directorate of enforcement have only pursued around 2.5 per cent of their cases through the courts. Those they have pursued they have a 95 per cent success rate. That suggests they are pretty sure they will win their case against the V's

• Like 3

On 04/06/2024 at 20:38, B16Rover said:

Where do they sit in respect to Indian politics, Modi and the lack of majority going forward? 

Sods law suggests the uncertainty will confuse future funding further 

From the looks of it...things will quieten so V's case might drag so bad news for us ...i'm hoping i'm wrong 

8 hours ago, miqaayil said:

From the looks of it...things will quieten so V's case might drag so bad news for us ...i'm hoping i'm wrong 

isn't it good news if it drags? More likely that they then run out of assets to sell to pay their bills and more likely they are forced out due to inability to fund the club.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, miqaayil said:

I have always thought that the adjournments were to gather more evidence and stand by that. It’s been dressed up as just too many cases going on so they ran out of time. The biggest reason for me thinking this, is despite Waggott sending a breakdown of what the exact payment were and Venky’s stating it was protecting their investment, a 6 months gap between the original date and the actual hearing, surely spells trouble.

Had we not sold Adam Wharton it is highly likely that bills/ wages would not have been paid, so the plea to allow funding, has fallen on deaf ears.

There is still no evidence that they can still send funds in the interim and the cleverly worded statement from Waggott to WATR does nothing to alter my belief that the cannot fund us until after the court hearing.

It remains to be seen what happens beyond the hearing, but it is certainly not the formality that was initially stated by the CEO. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, lraC said:

I have always thought that the adjournments were to gather more evidence and stand by that. It’s been dressed up as just too many cases going on so they ran out of time. The biggest reason for me thinking this, is despite Waggott sending a breakdown of what the exact payment were and Venky’s stating it was protecting their investment, a 6 months gap between the original date and the actual hearing, surely spells trouble.

Had we not sold Adam Wharton it is highly likely that bills/ wages would not have been paid, so the plea to allow funding, has fallen on deaf ears.

There is still no evidence that they can still send funds in the interim and the cleverly worded statement from Waggott to WATR does nothing to alter my belief that the cannot fund us until after the court hearing.

It remains to be seen what happens beyond the hearing, but it is certainly not the formality that was initially stated by the CEO. 

How many times have you seen a government pick a fight like that they couldn't win?

My hunch is that they wouldn't have even started proceedings against venkys if they knew they weren't going get a result.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

isn't it good news if it drags? More likely that they then run out of assets to sell to pay their bills and more likely they are forced out due to inability to fund the club.

That’s my hope has well. If they can no longer finance the club it’s game over.

• Like 3

On 06/06/2024 at 09:26, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s my hope has well. If they can no longer finance the club it’s game over.

The only problem being they'll hang on for dear life and sell everything that's not nailed down first - including the training ground.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The only problem being they'll hang on for dear life and sell everything that's not nailed down first - including the training ground.

It’s all just a matter of time anyway. I’d prefer it to be sooner rather than later.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Just go. We all fucking hate you. Go on home, and take your spivs with you

i don`t care if they sell ewood park and we have to play on pleasington in the west lancashire league,if it means we are rid of them then i`ll take it,take that fat,greasy,pocket lining ceo with you as well

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Read the other day the EPL clamp down on loopholes selling training grounds etc to raise FFP funds has been over turned ?

If so it probably won't be long before the EFL follows which means the Academy site might be next.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Read the other day the EPL clamp down on loopholes selling training grounds etc to raise FFP funds has been over turned ?

If so it probably won't be long before the EFL follows which means the Academy site might be next.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Burn the fucking lot down to the ground and start again.