BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

Posted (edited)

As someone said a while ago we are a 200 million overseas 'investment' on their balance sheet and overall portfolio so cutting it off overnight would probably reduce their 'book wealth' on paper.

Can't see them being keen on that, when people say what are they worth that 200 million is still counted in that despite in reality it being gone down the pan for good unless we get an extended stay in the Prem.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As someone said a while ago we are a 200 million overseas 'investment' on their balance sheet and overall portfolio so cutting it off overnight would probably reduce their 'book wealth' on paper.

Can't see them being keen on that, when people say what are they worth that 200 million is still counted in that despite in reality it being gone down the pan for good unless we get an extended stay in the Prem.

It must be something like this... Where they don't have to take a hit on their balance sheet until they sell us.

Only thing that explains their bizarre zombie handling of the club (enough to keep the club alive so day of reckoning does not come, but trying to keep things at a minimum within it)

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I am pretty certain that it has been pointed out that the real value of the club is at best 25% of what they have invested so far.

In fact, I think a pivotal statement that they have made, which could in turn mean that they lose the bond, is that they needed to send the 2 amounts last year, to protect their investment. This is at best, very miss leading. 

The court and the Indian authorities have been advised that the true value of BRFC is south of £50m 

3 hours ago, philipl said:

We can be pretty damned certain they don't want the adverse publicity and being held up to both ridicule and scorn as not public spirited which this case is bringing. If there is any way they can settle and hush the whole thing up, they are certain to go that route if they can

What happened to the advert mentioned years ago on the lines of what have Venkys done to are club? Did the Indian newspapers not want to put it in?

Edited by funny-old-game

1 hour ago, lraC said:

I am pretty certain that it has been pointed out that the real value of the club is at best 25% of what they have invested so far.

In fact, I think a pivotal statement that they have made, which could in turn mean that they lose the bond, is that they needed to send the 2 amounts last year, to protect their investment. This is at best, very miss leading. 

The court and the Indian authorities have been advised that the true value of BRFC is south of £50m 

This is why i'm surprised their authorities aren't asking for detailed breakdowns of where it's all gone and contacting their UK counterparts.

They've obviously been looking into all the amounts transferred to VLL seeing as they flagged up the house and Akon monies but once it's over here i suppose they can'y investigate where it's gone.  That would need the club accounts going over by a forensic accountant dating back 12 years 🫣

UK authorities won't want that hassle.

48 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This is why i'm surprised their authorities aren't asking for detailed breakdowns of where it's all gone and contacting their UK counterparts.

They've obviously been looking into all the amounts transferred to VLL seeing as they flagged up the house and Akon monies but once it's over here i suppose they can'y investigate where it's gone.  That would need the club accounts going over by a forensic accountant dating back 12 years 🫣

Money laundering is a very complex often very well hidden criminal act.

It would not surprise me in the slightest, if there has been dialogue between the Indian and UK authorities. 

As already stated, this has been seriously underplayed by certain people inside the club and if this is investigated properly, there will be serious consequences, if what could have happened is proven to be the case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, funny-old-game said:

What happened to the advert mentioned years ago on the lines of what have Venkys done to are club? Did the Indian newspapers not want to put it in?

Get something in their local paper before the court date. That could have a possible effect on the outcome. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I thought accounts are only kept for seven years? I asked a company for details and they didn’t have any paperwork after five years.

I maybe wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Get something in their local paper before the court date. That could have a possible effect on the outcome. 

I think this was tried before and the Indian press won't do it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

I thought accounts are only kept for seven years? I asked a company for details and they didn’t have any paperwork after five years.

I maybe wrong. 

There’s plenty of statutory info at Companies House but VLL only need keep internal records for 6 years.

IMG_5892.png

IMG_5893.png

3 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

I maybe wrong. 

Sounds about right although bank transactions may be possible to trace back longer but i doubt anyone is interested. Just looks to me as if the Indian govt stumbled upon something that conveniently helped them put a dent in the frequent transfer of millions out of India.

They probably have Venkys where they want them now alongside the mass hike in transfer tax and bond stuff, it would be enough to put most companies off.

These lot though .....

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Sounds about right although bank transactions may be possible to trace back longer but i doubt anyone is interested. Just looks to me as if the Indian govt stumbled upon something that conveniently helped them put a dent in the frequent transfer of millions out of India.

They probably have Venkys where they want them now alongside the mass hike in transfer tax and bond stuff, it would be enough to put most companies off.

These lot though .....

You got a link for the change in the tax rate?

Preferably a source document.

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

You got a link for the change in the tax rate?

Preferably a source document.

Plenty of info out there via their media etcScreenshot2024-07-2512_14_54.thumb.png.8f397ef5c27e69b75c9542bc90dc40d6.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Your wish is my command 😁

Budget speech 23/24.

You’re wanting page 40 (of the actual document) point D7.

https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/doc/bspeech/bs2023_24.pdf

Top man. It's now in the timeline.

If anyone can provide me with links to the following things:

The timeline breakdown of the Lewis O'Brien failed appeal.

Sales of Kaminski, Ash Phillips, Adam Wharton, Travis & Buckley out on loan.

JDT leaving & him being banned from speaking to the press also his final press conference.

Gregg Broughton leaving.

Eustace coming in.

Waggots "we've just bought a new bus and want to avoid relegation" speech.

Senior players and fan consultation meeting.

All the new "head of xxxxxx" appointments since 2021.

Mowbray leaving.

All the players leaving for free, BBD, Rothwell, Lenihan, Nyambe.

The McGuire deal.

I don't want anything from bullshit merchants like nixon or made up gossip from cretins like that tommy rovers tool.

Best is rovers official statements, BBC and club stenographers the LET.

This is the last part of the timeline that needs filling in.

Thanks.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Top man. It's now in the timeline.

If anyone can provide me with links to the following things:

The timeline breakdown of the Lewis O'Brien failed appeal.

Sales of Kaminski, Ash Phillips, Adam Wharton, Travis & Buckley out on loan.

JDT leaving & him being banned from speaking to the press also his final press conference.

Gregg Broughton leaving.

Eustace coming in.

Waggots "we've just bought a new bus and want to avoid relegation" speech.

Senior players and fan consultation meeting.

All the new "head of xxxxxx" appointments since 2021.

Mowbray leaving.

All the players leaving for free, BBD, Rothwell, Lenihan, Nyambe.

The McGuire deal.

I don't want anything from bullshit merchants like nixon or made up gossip from cretins like that tommy rovers tool.

Best is rovers official statements, BBC and club stenographers the LET.

This is the last part of the timeline that needs filling in.

Thanks.

Does the below help re McGuire?:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/february/06/club-statement---duncan-mcguire-/

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/february/08/efl-statement--blackburn-rovers/

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

On 24/07/2024 at 13:13, tomphil said:

Surely no one believes you are worth £200 million?

Our chairman reckons we are worth about £40 million.  We have no debt, about £15 million available this year for squad strengthening (including wages) and no old players on expensive contracts.  

Every ticket, and corporate package, will sell out as the club look to expand the ground.  It will be 17 500 a game this season.  We have a 7000 waiting list for season tickets  

You are clearly more developed and ambitious than we are….but you aren’t worth 5 times as much!

40 minutes ago, Green Army 75 said:

Our chairman reckons we are worth about £40 million.  We have no debt, about £15 million available this year for squad strengthening (including wages) and no old players on expensive contracts.  

Every ticket, and corporate package, will sell out as the club look to expand the ground.  It will be 17 500 a game this season.  We have a 7000 waiting list for season tickets  

You are clearly more developed and ambitious than we are….but you aren’t worth 5 times as much!

No, nobody in the real world does but the accountants in India might want to avoid a massive write off through their P&L until the last possible moment. 

3 hours ago, Green Army 75 said:

There is no ambition other than to stay in this league and some would even question that.

You're missing the point on the 200 million by a long way for some reason, they know we aren't worth anything like that but they won't write it off.  As long as we stay in their portfolio they don't lose 200 million paper wealth off their books and they certainly don't need the money.

So they'll hang on and carry on ignoring us.