BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s, HMRC…The Plot Thickens ?

3 hours ago, AndyB said:

It's been 28 years since their dad died and the company has gone from strength to strength.

Either their dad was a genius and appointed some very young brilliant business people to run his companies.  Or the kids do know how to appoint people to run their companies in a competent manner.

So my question is why are Rovers run so badly with crap executives compared to the rest of the Venkys group?

Sincerely believe it’s the former. The guy came from relatively modest beginnings and achieved enormous success entirely off his own back, but you don’t build that kind of thing without a lot of heavy lifting from those around you. Key appointments for the initial success and infrastructure for legacy.

You only have to look at Balaji’s litany of failed entertainment investments (and the fact that the parent group continues funding them) to understand the reason behind the company’s success. It’s not the sprogs.

I haven’t done the full research on the family’s complete range of financial interests, but the VH Group parent company only does £400m/year top line and that just doesn’t look like enough to siphon from to run a football club to the tune of £20m/year. It’s been mentioned that most of their actual net worth is in land and property in Pune. When you consider that, you can even more clearly see who actually had the brains.

Like many children of successful/wealthy people, they are very likely to be morons. Typically, there’s a lot of idiocy, insecurity, indecisiveness, arrogance or a mix of all four, but it’s extraordinarily rare to see the children of the successful/wealthy go out and improve their lot through genuine brilliance.

• Like 4

A bit of research on Mrs D it seems she is the driving force and expert on the poultry business despite what we might think she's well clued up on that.

I suppose a knock on effect from the old man means they are also surrounded by experts in their field and a look at shareholders shows there are all sorts of people involved including former high ranking military people. Sadly for us the younger one who saddled us with them and vice versa i assume is the Indian version of trigger from OFaH.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A bit of research on Mrs D it seems she is the driving force and expert on the poultry business despite what we might think she's well clued up on that.

I suppose a knock on effect from the old man means they are also surrounded by experts in their field and a look at shareholders shows there are all sorts of people involved including former high ranking military people. Sadly for us the younger one who saddled us with them and vice versa i assume is the Indian version of trigger from OFaH.

i think she would offload us in an instant if it was`nt for her dimwit sons

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Experts have to retire at some stage and be replaced by somebody as competent if not more so - so they can manage it in India but not the UK

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Experts have to retire at some stage and be replaced by somebody as competent if not more so - so they can manage it in India but not the UK

Jacks philosophy - Hire the best you can convince to work for you and pay them well, if it isn't working pay them up and get someone else.

That was business AND football.

With these lot it's seems to be hire the cheapest you can then go back on your promises, if it doesn't work leave them until they leave or pay them off on the clubs tab over several years.

Surely their business at home must run on a different footing.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Moptop1 said:

Quick question to ask. If these owners are so wonderful, why have they got all, who have left to sign NDA’s?.

That In itself is interesting.🤔

That’s a pretty standard business practice to close off the potential for future litigation etc.

What’s interesting is that they seem to be really good at that process, so there are aspects of corporate governance in which they are competent…

• Like 5