BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only way anything happens is if they forensically crawl across all the transactions between VLL and the club and every club transaction for the last 14 years.

Can't see the Indian authorities doing that or being able to do that so they'd have to present something to British authorities who probably aren't arsed anyway.

So as it is it's just looking at money movement from VH group to VLL and all its thrown up is the property purchase and Akon investment. I suspect all the hold up now just surrounds them getting back the Indian assets that were seized to the value of the dodgy transactions which they could probably get away with saying were done by mistake.

If the ED in India are anything like HMRC in the UK and are seriously investigating them, I do not think it will be a matter of them admitting to a mistake and getting away with it that way.

This all points to money laundering, which is a very serious crime worldwide.

Edited by lraC

2 hours ago, lraC said:

It seems to me that the source of the investigation is far stronger than anything that has been tried before.

History tells us that there didn’t seem to be an appetite to take the people to task who were involved in all this from the start. Even the likes of Richard Scudamore were squirming with the evidence presented to him, but it seemed that agents and even the football authorities, had connections that ran deeper than we will ever know.

From what I have seen and heard and from the people I have spoken to, there is evidence there of wrong doing and given what the authorities in India have already done, I would be feeling very uncomfortable now, if I was involved in it. 

Let's hope said evidence is firmly in the hands of the prosecution 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

A bit of creativity in their tax returns and exploring tax avoidance is one thing, taking on an asset that is guaranteed to lose money year after year because...?

I don't know. Maybe they are really really 'creative' ( I would say criminal ) or really really stupid. 

Either way not fit to own the club. 

Of course, the asset would not be guaranteed to lose money year after year if they actually took an interest. Promotion would recoup most of their losses. 

But they haven't put any money in since when ?

I trust the same people clinging to the V teat will reflect that on July 4th because it's the same logic.

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Eddie said:

A bit of creativity in their tax returns and exploring tax avoidance is one thing, taking on an asset that is guaranteed to lose money year after year because...?

The exact tax avoidance you refer to.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So how many changes have there been in those departments in the last few years before we even mention a DoF etc.

And people wonder why we never progress, club is still a joke set up and the common theme here is Waggot and Suhail aka Laurel and Hardy.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So how many changes have there been in those departments in the last few years before we even mention a DoF etc.

And people wonder why we never progress, club is still a joke set up and the common theme here is Waggot and Suhail aka Laurel and Hardy.

That's another fine mess we are in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No, the common theme is the Chicken Chokers. They are responsible for the endless stream of no mark, never was, shysters and frauds that they’ve employed over the years.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No, the common theme is the Chicken Chokers. They are responsible for the endless stream of no mark, never was, shysters and frauds that they’ve employed over the years.

The Waggot and Suhail show is the soap opera that presents these people to the ownership as a good idea, in order to retain their own grip on the inner club and continuing riding the gravy train.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Salgados Hair said:

The 'We Are The Rovers' chair has welcomed Gestede's appointment on X and thinks he will be a candidate for CEO in the future. So there is that.. 😐

Yes, I have welcomed his appointment.

• Downvote 4

5 hours ago, lraC said:

If the ED in India are anything like HMRC in the UK and are seriously investigating them, I do not think it will be a matter of them admitting to a mistake and getting away with it that way.

This all points to money laundering, which is a very serious crime worldwide.

Money laundering? Never thought they were involved in that🙄.

For people taking me seriously, I’ve thought this all along. I really hope some shite sticks and the bastard lose everything.

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 2