BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Jack Walker set our academy up about 25 years ago and its paid for itself and has recently been producing players sound enough for a championship squad.

The ONE and ONLY thing Venkys have got right is keeping it going and as a cat 1 set up though how long that will last now is debatable. The CEO has also born the hallmarks of someone who would;ve cut that back years ago given half the chance.

There's no sense in spending 100's of millions on one though that would be pointless and defeat the object.

Ours has cost 2 to 3 mill per year to run and a third of that comes from grants.

It's always produced players sound enough for the Championship.

The difference is we used to be in the Premier League - so it required a talent at the level of Taylor / Dunn / Duff et al to make a mark.

The bar to getting into our First Team squad used to be much higher. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's always produced players sound enough for the Championship.

The difference is we used to be in the Premier League - so it required a talent at the level of Taylor / Dunn / Duff et al to make a mark.

The bar to getting into our First Team squad used to be much higher. 

When we were in the Prem although what you say about standards needed rings true we produced an awful lot of lower league players who left for nothing or a few hundred grand.

As our standards have dropped i still think the academy raised their bar and concentrated on quantity rather than churning a load of lower range players over in constant pursuit of the next Jones.

Obviously our required standard has dropped and the two have met somewhere in the middle but i see the conveyor belt grinding to a halt pretty soon now.

8 hours ago, Green Army 75 said:

Ah.  Has it become a bit run down now?

Quite the opposite - Adam Wharton and Ashley Phillips being the most recent batch, but there have been plenty before them.

Our Academy is probably the one thing they appear to have got right, with regular multi-millions invested to keep it running to the level it does.

Have a look at some of the players it's produced over the years.

From some bloke on twitter. Genuinely astonishing levels of dumb.

"Maybe the reason they stay is to do the right thing by the Club and fans. They're not billionaires for nothing, ergo, they're not stupid. So they're perfectly aware of where they've taken the Club, and the honourable decent thing is to continue to support it until necessary."

The implementation of the football regulator was in the Kings Speech and should come into effect in this parliament... We need to make sure we are top of the in tray when it gets setup. If we can get the magnifying glass applied to Venkys it will hurry the end game we are surely in along, and stop any back sliding imo.

Have any of the supporter groups got any plans on engaging with it?

• Like 4

On 28/07/2024 at 17:51, Salgados Hair said:

From some bloke on twitter. Genuinely astonishing levels of dumb.

"Maybe the reason they stay is to do the right thing by the Club and fans. They're not billionaires for nothing, ergo, they're not stupid. So they're perfectly aware of where they've taken the Club, and the honourable decent thing is to continue to support it until necessary."

holy f*****g jesus,that`s either someone from the club acting as a shill or human being with the i.q of a fruit fly

• Like 1

It's terrifying that such people exist.

I wouldn't hold out any hope of a UK regulator doing anything. As far as the wider public are concerned Venkys are wonderful for keeping the lights on every year. Without their benevolence a 149 year old institution would cease to exist....

The authorities can't even enforce their own rules on holding consultation meetings which is why Waggott has been able to ride roughshod over it for the last 4 years.

The amount of cock ups and stupid decisions they've made have piled on the debt year on year by paying multiple players, managers. execs off.

Doing it not often by one off pay offs but probably mainly by leaving their monthly wages on the books for years until they are squared off.  Hence year on year massive losses on top of regular losses anyway that they have had to cover with their '20 mill a year' heroics.

So they created a situation and continue to do so where despite constant cutbacks and downgrading the wage bill rarely goes down.

These fruitloops who think they are wonderful for keeping the club alive need to get to grips with why it's always on life support when other similar sized and income clubs don't lose as much every single season.  Alongside being run correctly and selling a player now and then to balance FFP and re-invest a bit.

The reason we can't and have rarely done that is simple, it's called Venkys ownership and the clowns they pay to run it so i'm not sure how much credit their keeping the lights on is actually deserving of.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

The implementation of the football regulator was in the Kings Speech and should come into effect in this parliament... We need to make sure we are top of the in tray when it gets setup. If we can get the magnifying glass applied to Venkys it will hurry the end game we are surely in along, and stop any back sliding imo.

Have any of the supporter groups got any plans on engaging with it?

I really want to believe we are in the end game. But are we really. 

Post of mer says that we are stuck in this hell forever

20 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

holy f*****g jesus,that`s either someone from the club acting as a shill or human being with the i.q of a fruit fly

I’d say some fans of ours are stupid. FFS 🤦‍♂️ 

2 hours ago, broadsword said:

I really want to believe we are in the end game. But are we really. 

Post of mer says that we are stuck in this hell forever

Every situation has a tipping point where due to changing events what was sustainable no longer is.... in terms of Venkys owning Rovers that has happened over the last year in my opinion with the court case. There's lots of steps to get through but eventually Venkys will exit the club. Owning the club is just too onerous, the risks and expenses too high, the negative press, the lawyers, the attention from the Indian government, hopefully the entry of the UK regulator too.

Not sure if there is a way to bet on it on the market, but I would take a bet that they will be gone in a year.  They will just have to rip of the band aid at some point and write off the losses they have made on their balance sheet. 

One question I have is can they take any money out of the club? With all the player sales we must be in a rare positive cash flow situation. Presumably they would be able to call back some of their loans / cash some of their shares and take some of that money back? I guess if that happened it would be public knowledge like the share issues in the first place?

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Every situation has a tipping point where due to changing events what was sustainable no longer is.... in terms of Venkys owning Rovers that has happened over the last year in my opinion with the court case. There's lots of steps to get through but eventually Venkys will exit the club. Owning the club is just too onerous, the risks and expenses too high, the negative press, the lawyers, the attention from the Indian government, hopefully the entry of the UK regulator too.

Not sure if there is a way to bet on it on the market, but I would take a bet that they will be gone in a year.  They will just have to rip of the band aid at some point and write off the losses they have made on their balance sheet. 

One question I have is can they take any money out of the club? With all the player sales we must be in a rare positive cash flow situation. Presumably they would be able to call back some of their loans / cash some of their shares and take some of that money back? I guess if that happened it would be public knowledge like the share issues in the first place?

What you say makes logical sense. 

But venkys don't make logical sense. 

If they do finally fuck off, I will make love to my vacuum cleaner such will be the overwhelming sense of relief. But I'll only believe it when I see it

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, broadsword said:

What you say makes logical sense. 

But venkys don't make logical sense. 

If they do finally fuck off, I will make love to my vacuum cleaner such will be the overwhelming sense of relief. But I'll only believe it when I see it

IMG_1791.thumb.jpeg.750d5c6e6d573c9c870061842138c960.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Morning everyone.

Here is the work I have done so far on the timeline.

Please bear in mind that this is not yet complete.

Anything you see that is incorrect or missing please let me know and I'll amend it.

It's also very small so you'll have to zoom in.

Edit to add: A huge thanks to @Herbie6590 for helping with understanding some of this. I've still to summarise the year end accounts and add that detail.

Also special thanks to @wilsdenrover and @arbitro for their contributions. 

There is still more to come so anything anybody thinks needs to be added, let me know.

Timeline INCOMPLETE.pdf 178.89 kB · 21 downloads

Really good work @upsidedown. Some of your work was used in the recent Fans Forum so we should all be appreciative.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Really good work @upsidedown. Some of your work was used in the recent Fans Forum so we should all be appreciative.

Thanks for that.

I saw that in the minutes. They can't hide from the truth so having it all there in black and white is a good resource I reckon.

Still more to put in there but I've got the bulk down.

• Like 3