BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

11 hours ago, lraC said:

Hopefully we see the return of Alan Judge for this one, Jason Lowe or rumpole of the John Bailey 

Denis Law would have been making a guest appearance if it was yesteryear and the outcome is hopefully them having to pay the Johnny Price. 

Let’s hope there’s a few Indian-based Rovers fans on the Gordon Durie.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Not sure them losing it makes much difference at all in the short term as the club is clearly under instructions to fund itself. Nothing much would change over this season but next summer the budget cut and cost cutting, players sales could be the end of us as a Championship club for a long time.

I'd still suggest we are way way away from an admin situation that would depend largely on the tax bills being paid and there's still assets to cash for that.

Short term, nothing would change. What would change however, it is the statement they have to make on the accounts, that they will no longer be able to make, as the club, is trading insolvent, if they can no longer fund it.

I would hope pressure is then applied (WATR I think are monitoring this) for them to accept that this is no longer a valid proposition for them.

We hear on a regular basis, that they never fail to sign a cheque, but this outcome would mean, they are not allowed to sign any more cheques, so even that line can no longer be trotted out.

This is a big day coming up for the club and could be the biggest in many years. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Let’s hope there’s a few Indian-based Rovers fans on the Gordon Durie.

That would be a good bit of Quinton Fortune. It would be Tim Krul to not get a positive outcome from this Carl Cort case.

I'd like the record for downvotes for that effort, please, so smash that old downvote button and let's make it happen.

Edited by goozburger
  • Downvote 13

21 minutes ago, lraC said:

Short term, nothing would change. What would change however, it is the statement they have to make on the accounts, that they will no longer be able to make, as the club, is trading insolvent, if they can no longer fund it.

I would hope pressure is then applied (WATR I think are monitoring this) for them to accept that this is no longer a valid proposition for them.

We hear on a regular basis, that they never fail to sign a cheque, but this outcome would mean, they are not allowed to sign any more cheques, so even that line can no longer be trotted out.

This is a big day coming up for the club and could be the biggest in many years. 

Also, isn't it league rules that people with criminal convictions can't own a club?

Not that I expect the corrupt, gutless football authorities to do anything.

36 minutes ago, goozburger said:

That would be a good bit of Quinton Fortune. It would be Tim Krul to not get a positive outcome from this Carl Cort case.

I'd like the record for downvotes for that effort, please, so smash that old downvote button and let's make it happen.

I can’t Keith Hackett much longer.

• Like 1

Realistically what are the different potential outcomes?

a) Another adjournment, possible but unlikely IMO given it is listed for 'final' hearing, but one which probably won't cause us too many major problems for the time being given the pile of cash they've brought in from player sales.

b) A 'final' outcome and no more Court proceedings - in Venkys favour and they are permitted to send whatever funds they want over and we are back to 'normal' albeit with disinterested unfit owners who don't want to spend anyway

c) A final outcome not in Venkys favour - they are refused permission to send any more funds over and therefore the club has to continue funding itself using player sales until it inevitably slides into admin when those run out. Judge tells them to find a new owner because they won't be getting permission to fund us any more (Ideal outcome). 

d) A middle ground where they are allowed to continue as they have been to date which is they can put in the essential funds to meet the clubs obligations subject to them putting an equivalent bond down in India

Have I missed any?

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

a) Another adjournment, possible but unlikely IMO given it is listed for 'final' hearing, but one which probably won't cause us too many major problems for the time being given the pile of cash they've brought in from player sales.

b) A 'final' outcome and no more Court proceedings - in Venkys favour and they are permitted to send whatever funds they want over and we are back to 'normal' albeit with disinterested unfit owners who don't want to spend anyway

c) A final outcome not in Venkys favour - they are refused permission to send any more funds over and therefore the club has to continue funding itself using player sales until it inevitably slides into admin when those run out. Judge tells them to find a new owner because they won't be getting permission to fund us any more (Ideal outcome). 

d) A middle ground where they are allowed to continue as they have been to date which is they can put in the essential funds to meet the clubs obligations subject to them putting an equivalent bond down in India

Have I missed any?

Out of Court settlement 

Even if they are cleared to resume funding as before do we think they'll resume underwriting running costs and use future transfer instalment income for team investment ?

Because they would be able to as we should be in fine with FFP for a bit now.

There is though the 20% tax to consider but even then the sales income should still create room for investment if they fund losses.

Very big test of their intent should the court case clear everything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Have I missed any?

If it’s option C I don’t think that would be the punishment. If the final outcome goes against them I expect the result will more likely be an enormous fine and then crack on and do what you want again.

I also think if they’d just held their hands up and coughed up a fine months/years ago this draw out saga could’ve been avoided.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Have I missed any?

The one i'm hopiNG , court orders recall of facilities of SBI, SBI ask for calling or take over of assests in contention and bank puts us for sale as part of recovERY and we sold to highEST bidder

34 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Whatever happens, they are crooks and the FA have completely failed us.

Blood on their hands for not looking into their overall ownership of us.

The Premier League and EFL too.

• Like 4