BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

8 minutes ago, miqaayil said:

nope , if they go for the land, v's will go for HC stay order....i'm hoping bank goes for the assets purchased with the facilities 

That would be interesting.

5 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Aye, Mashed. Nothing to see here. I'm not sure what people are complaining about. Things aren't that bad. The last 14 years haven't been the disaster people make them out to be.

The club still exists and Venky's are paying the bills. Jack would be happy about that. This forum could do with a bit more positivity.

The club is washing its own face Jack and the academy is thriving so Jack would be very happy with that.

Notwithstanding the fact we were skint, nearly on our arse player wise and dropping to the third tier (again) just like we were when he originally rescued us.

And it's cost his replacements 200 million to create that, aye he'd think it was tremendous !

• Like 2

I don’t think the Indian government can force venkys to sell or give Rovers up or away ! India is not a dictatorship !!

In my view and as I understand it the accusation is a tax avoidance charge and bearing in mind financial rules changed in 2022 i think it’s more likely they will have to pay the due tax and a fine as well as being monitored for a few years about tax payments.

So I wouldn’t be getting all Giddy giddy giddy😵‍💫

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Why do you say that?

Quite a few things.

The main one is the gap between the last adjourned hearing and this one. It was stated after the last adjournment that a decision would be made this time. 
Another big factor could be a counter claim, as it could be argued that preventing them sending funds, could hamper their chances of moving the club forward, although most on here, would disagree with that of course.

The decision is time sensitive and the longer it drags on, the more of a case for a counter claim, they could have. 

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Just get that horrible feeling we're going to get let down.

Would be entirely in keeping with the almost fourteen year shit show we've had to endure so far. 

If you'd told me back then just how bad things would get and how long they'd be here, I would've started drilling holes in my head there and then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Quite a few things.

The main one is the gap between the last adjourned hearing and this one. It was stated after the last adjournment that a decision would be made this time. 
Another big factor could be a counter claim, as it could be argued that preventing them sending funds, could hamper their chances of moving the club forward, although most on here, would disagree with that of course.

The decision is time sensitive and the longer it drags on, the more of a case for a counter claim, they could have. 

Hope you are right, I think I prefer any outcome except this dragging on further.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I don’t think the Indian government can force venkys to sell or give Rovers up or away ! India is not a dictatorship !!

In my view and as I understand it the accusation is a tax avoidance charge and bearing in mind financial rules changed in 2022 i think it’s more likely they will have to pay the due tax and a fine as well as being monitored for a few years about tax payments.

So I wouldn’t be getting all Giddy giddy giddy😵‍💫

What tax have they avoided exactly ?

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

'The Sanjeev Narula Riverside Stand' if he helps us get rid of them.

The Sanjeev Narula stadium on Sanjeev Narula Way, surely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Well, it's the 20th where I am.

Here is the latest version of the timeline for those of you that want to swat up on it before the big trial.

It's still not got absolutely everything in there but there's enough.

Let me know if there's anything missing that should be in there.

I still need to summarise the end of year accounts but haven't had time for that yet.

I've added the PDF version for those that don't have Xcel.

Timeline.xlsx 39.79 kB · 21 downloads

Timeline INCOMPLETE.pdf 181.98 kB · 16 downloads

I’m struggling to open the links, but notice there is one to state that today is the final hearing.

I know some on here, are worried this will be adjourned again and the can will be kicked, further down to be road.

Are you able to provide a separate link to where it was stated, that today will be the final hearing? 

2 hours ago, lraC said:

I’m struggling to open the links, but notice there is one to state that today is the final hearing.

I know some on here, are worried this will be adjourned again and the can will be kicked, further down to be road.

Are you able to provide a separate link to where it was stated, that today will be the final hearing? 

That's in the new Delhi court documents.

Go onto the website.

You want to select WP(c)

Year as 2023

Case number 7966

Sorry, I should have put all this at the bottom but rushed it out in time for the court date.

To follow the links it's probably easier to open the PDF version and copy paste them into a new window. The spreadsheet is a bit funny selecting them.

• Like 2