BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Interesting but probably not good news despite how they are trying to spin it.

Quite why they feel the need to suddenly bring in their head of finance to the club suggests something isn't right or they aren't happy with things. Clearly this is linked to the 'geopolitical issues' they have been referring to this summer.

I see this as appointment to oversee the finance of the club but also about increasing club revenue streams. Plenty of us have suggested that the club needs to generate more revenue at the club 

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But wouldn't they be scrutinised ?

They didn't know nor care who they were getting into bed with so i doubt it mattered at the time, a few years later it was a different story but we were the EFLs problem by then.

As for since then for whatever reason promotion has never been a priority so we have to assume losing huge sums annually has been ok with them.

Only now when they either can't spend it or there isn't enough spare anymore has it become an issue and that's because they are finally being scrutinised.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see this as appointment to oversee the finance of the club but also about increasing club revenue streams. Plenty of us have suggested that the club needs to generate more revenue at the club 

Keep your sunny side up Chaddy!!

• Like 1

Surname Rao so the new director is family possibly/probably.

Is he Balaji's son?

Have you looked at some of the owners in the PL? The Raos have nothing to worry about on that count.

Swag has a changed landscape within which to operate. Beyond that there is little to see or say at the moment. 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Cleaning up prior to taking the pig to market.

As far as I can see there is nothing to clean.

You can put a few ribbons on her but she is still what she is.

If they are preparing an exit, the very last thing they would have done is precisely what they did do this summer.

This summer budget cuts smack of a knee jerk emotional reaction to the Gary Neville pad punishment. And that was caused by some creative description 12 years ago which was never corrected and caught them this summer.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, philipl said:

As far as I can see there is nothing to clean.

You can put a few ribbons on her but she is still what she is.

If they are preparing an exit, the very last thing they would have done is precisely what they did do this summer.

This summer budget cuts smack of a knee jerk emotional reaction to the Gary Neville pad punishment. And that was caused by some creative description 12 years ago which was never corrected and caught them this summer.

From what I've seen of Ewood there's a lot to clean.

Start with the Riverside.

• Like 4

If you weren't a Rovers fan and not familiar with the hysteria and suspicion of this ownership and just looked at it from the outside ?

You might conclude that the budget cuts are here to stay and their input is now permanently reduced so they've appointed a trusted finance man to....

See how to get their input into the club under a new structure navigating Indian rules and liazing with Waggot to avoid FFP.

Get the club to maximise its own revenue by whatever means necessary to ensure it doesn't go bust and make them look bad.

So it's all about survival and i think now we know why Waggot recently alluded to that, maybe not only survival in this league but survival full stop.  No of it is good news and again the best course of action is to get the club up for sale then hopefully we can all wash our hands of each other.

Only way this club can generate income outside the Prem without massive owner support ( like half of the others in this league) is by trading players, putting up ticket prices and selling or remortgaging fixed assets.  Time to strap it it's going to be a rough ride unless this geezer can find a way of getting 15 million of VH group money a year into the club again with their blessing.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

'Geopolitical Issues' claxon

Fair play to Gregg, he does his bit and I believe his best in fronting up, dealing with the press and trying to provide clarity and reassurance. Can't be easy when working for absolute loons and liars.

Once again I think this is exactly how they've designed it. Brought in a new face with a good grasp of the media to take the questions and stick whilst those in India and in the shadows carry out the next phase of their 'project' in hiding.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

And yet his appointment coincides with us desperately trying to save money by closing the Blackburn End for a competitive fixture.
If I worked at Ewood I’d be concerned by this guys arrival. And I don’t mean if I was your Waggots and your Broughtons, I mean your everyday staff.

• Like 2

Yeah. Strikes me that the people in India either aren't happy or confident in how money is being spent over here and they are deploying their trusted man to have a look at it.

Depends what for though. At one end of the scale it might just be a case of 'appoint' him to the board to tick boxes, give a certain impression to the authorities or so he can 'oversee' future transactions more easily.

At the other end of the scale they are moving into a new phase which requires a more 'hands on' approach from India to cut costs....

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, it's difficult to know with these people. I wouldn't put anything past them.

But they've owned us for thirteen years, hundreds of millions have been pissed up the wall, they've only very rarely actually turned up on site... and now they want tighter control of the finances. Even by their prickish standards of numbskullery, that is beyond the pale.

I see that Broughton had said that the owners do not want to sell the club, which is different from will not sell the club perhaps.

The question for me is why don't they want to sell the club. Why. Wankers.

Get out of my club you wasters

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

'Geopolitical Issues' claxon

Fair play to Gregg, he does his bit and I believe his best in fronting up, dealing with the press and trying to provide clarity and reassurance. Can't be easy when working for absolute loons and liars.

Once again I think this is exactly how they've designed it. Brought in a new face with a good grasp of the media to take the questions and stick whilst those in India and in the shadows carry out the next phase of their 'project' in hiding.

I'm not convinced he'd have stood out as someone with a good grasp of the media by having been Academy Manager at Glimt. But I agree he does quite a good job with the media given the circumstances.

I wonder how many skeletons they have in their closet? Maybe that’s why they don’t want to sell.

Anyway, one day “The truth will out”… 

Heres hoping they trip up and all will unravel and their empire will start to crumble around them for all to see.