BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Venky’s v Indian Government (a) - 13/11/2024 - Re-Arranged Challenge Match

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So its been delayed again?  Last thing anyone expected... 

I'd say it was the first ......  some court cases go on for years 

If the Venkys can't (or won't) fund the club and the club is relying on its own internal fundraising to be able to function then they offer zero value and need to sell up. Simple as that.

The FA/EFL should be all over any owners that either do nothing or strip clubs but of course they still fit under "fit and proper" for some reason.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

And yet through all this turmoil, the football authorities in this country still consider Venkys to be right and proper owners of our historic club!!!

Founder members of the Football League and Premier League counts for sweet FA

Yep, someome within U.K. football authorities needs to finally pick this up and shine a torch on it ! Wake up and smell the coffee, these bastards are strangling the life out a famous institution, founder members of the Football League and next year, if still breathing, 150 years old.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Thing to remember here is this matter (specifically sending funds to Rovers) is just part of a wider matter that Venkys are embroiled in. We’re a facet of it and some of the actions under investigation are tangentially linked to us (G Nev’s house) but while the investigation continues, Venkys remain somewhat hamstrung anyway.

Now’s the time to inundate the club, now is the time for everyone to individually do what they can. It can be emails, withdrawing financial support, challenging and questioning at fan group meetings, protesting at games, spreading information to the wider football community, even your friends or people you run into, whatever you’re able to do.

Our fans will do nothing i'm afraid, so tame. Stockholme syndrome well and truly set in

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

On 19/08/2024 at 07:29, MarkBRFC said:

This will come and go tomorrow and we'll be none the wiser and things will just carry on as they are.

As predicated.

21 hours ago, lraC said:

This is not being adjourned again, I would almost stake my life on it.

Hope you didn't!

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

So I’ve been watching the Sanjeev Narula room for a couple of hours, they didn’t get beyond item 20 and Venkys were item 36.

Once Sanjeev left the room the court master was going through the remaining items and was advising the reps in the room of new hearing dates. A couple of them piped up to ask for earlier dates on the basis of mitigating circumstances.

Item 36 in that room was Venkys and she gave that a date of 13-Nov if I heard correctly (may have been 30-Nov).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Yep, someome within U.K. football authorities needs to finally pick this up and shine a torch on it ! Wake up and smell the coffee, these bastards are strangling the life out a famous institution, founder members of the Football League and next year, if still breathing, 150 years old.

Not a peep from the powers that be.

Here we are a year down the line from the last amount sent ( assuming nothing now until at least after the November hearing) and we have no way of meeting the obligations stated in the accounts, of the owners funding the losses.

Yes, we have sold £40m of players, but if this continues to simply rumble on, at each court date, surely, the club is in serious danger.

Why the radio silence on it from the EFL amongst others?

At this point after 2 postponements if the owners were serious about doing the right thing by the Club they'd settle the case out of Court and pay some sort of financial penalty.

If they believe they're in the right and are intent on fighting the case on principle however this could drag on more or less indefinitely. We're obviously right at the bottom of the Court's list of priorities.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At this point after 2 postponements if the owners were serious about doing the right thing by the Club they'd settle the case out of Court and pay some sort of financial penalty.

If they believe they're in the right and are intent on fighting the case on principle however this could drag on more or less indefinitely. We're obviously right at the bottom of the Court's list of priorities.

I think we know the answer to your questions -"Doing  right thing" and Venkys... They only do right to themselves and fcuk everyone else.

As the months and years pass, I just get sadder and sadder. They've stolen all our dreams. I can't see an end to them 😕